PDA

View Full Version : Some Savage World on FG II questions.

Pure Mongrel
August 3rd, 2011, 05:51
G'day,

I am in the process of creating a custom modern day horror setting for Savage Worlds Deluxe.

I have only just purchased the rules and have had no experience with Savage worlds before. From what I have read so far, the Savage World rules suit our style of play well.

I am looking at purchasing FG II (About 10 licences worth).

Here are my questions:

1) Which Licence do I need as GM? Full or Ultimate.
2) Will there be a Savage World Deluxe rule set available soon for FGII?
3) Can I use the current Savage World Explorer rule set until then (or mod it accordingly to fit Deluxe?)
4) For a modern Horror based game, do I need to buy any other packs for FGII?

Thanks in advance for your responses :)

RKBrumbelow
August 3rd, 2011, 12:16
I am looking at purchasing FG II (About 10 licences worth).
1) Which Licence do I need as GM? Full or Ultimate.
This is a very common question and you will find a number of discussions about licensing. What you need to start off understanding is the FG2 License Hierarchy and distribution rules. Each level from Ultimate down can function as any lower license.

Ultimate = anyone can connect even if they do not own a license
Full = Minimum to be a GM
Lite = Can be a player if GM has a Full License
Unlicensed = Can be a player if GM has an Ultimate License

What license do you need is determined by the following:
Q: Will you be the only GM?

If Yes:

Is your play group stable?

If Yes:

Do you have more than 9 players

If Yes:

A: Buy an Ultimate License

If No:

A: Buy a Full License for yourself and a Lite License for each player

If No:

Buy an Ultimate License

If No:

A: Buy a Full License for each GM and a Lite License for each player

You will need at least 1 Full license as the GM and a lite license for every player. Once a License has been installed by a Player or GM on a machine it is NON-TRANSFERABLE. It belongs to the owner of the machine. They may uninstall the license from that machine and install it on another machine they own, but that license is theirs. Currently there is no such thing as a "Floating" License.

2) Will there be a Savage World Deluxe rule set available soon for FGII?
For sufficiently large values of 'soon' - Yes

3) Can I use the current Savage World Explorer rule set until then (or mod it accordingly to fit Deluxe?)
Yes

Need to? No. I would suggest you go to your local comic/game/hobby store and look through the setting books. If you find one you think you would like to use, buy it and buy the associated setting from SmiteWorks.

Doswelk
August 3rd, 2011, 16:36
RKBrumbelow answered all the questions fully but I just wanted to add to this one:

As a GM of a Modern Horror Savage Worlds Campaign I will say that all I use is the Horror Toolkit PDFs and the SW Explorers/SW Deluxe rule book.

SW is an easy and quick system to create for so any other rule-system horror books will also be of use (but not needed)

The Horror toolkit will be replaced/updated at some point with the Horror Companion but this will be just a nice re-packaging of the horror toolkits into on book (I'll will still buy it as I always do!)

Pure Mongrel
August 3rd, 2011, 22:37
Thanks for the info guys :)

zackspacks
August 7th, 2011, 19:54
G'day,

I am in the process of creating a custom modern day horror setting for Savage Worlds Deluxe.Hi mate, what are you creating ? Is it your own system, or a conversion for something like a Dead of Night hack for Savage Worlds ?

cheers
Paul

Pure Mongrel
August 8th, 2011, 02:32
The setting is my own, although influenced by games such as Dark Conspiracy.

I loved the concept of a hidden threat to humanity and a conspiracy of manipulation that games like DC propose, but that game world never sat right with me.

My game world is set in current day Australia that on the surface seems normal ... but once the characters shine a light in the wrong dark corner, their everyday world suddenly becomes a horrific fight for their identity, sanity and ultimately their lives.

zackspacks
August 8th, 2011, 08:09
Sounds cool. Will you be sharing some screenshots of the project as it progresses ?

Pure Mongrel
August 8th, 2011, 08:52
Sure ... as soon as I figure out how to add tokens, maps and backgrounds ;)

Only just picked up FGII :D

Doswelk
August 8th, 2011, 09:32
On the downloads tab of this site is a list of Video Tutorials, if you want to watch my SW related videos you would be better going here:

https://www.furiousdice.com/video.html

The YouTuve versions are a bit quieter and split up in places.

Hope they help

Pure Mongrel
October 14th, 2020, 22:36
Thank you :)

Pure Mongrel
October 14th, 2020, 22:36
Web site is under construction?

YggBjorn
October 14th, 2020, 23:24
You can find most if not all of his videos on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/doswelk

Pure Mongrel
October 15th, 2020, 05:44
You can find most if not all of his videos on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/doswelk

Thank you

Dr0W
October 15th, 2020, 06:27
Web site is under construction?

It's might be because it took you like 9 years to see his answer, might've worked 9 years ago.