PDA

View Full Version : Chat and Whispering...

Casimir
August 2nd, 2011, 05:33
Is it possible within the Call of Cthulhu ruleset for players to whisper one another? We tried it in a game I was running, and I was the one who kept getting all the whispers, not the intended targets. If it is possible, is there a specific way it must be done?

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2011, 05:55
I didn't develop the CoC ruleset; but from what I remember of the original whisper implementation, it only allowed whispering between GM and clients, not between clients.

Regards,
JPG

StuartW
August 2nd, 2011, 06:47
I think that the CoC ruleset pre-dates player-2-player whispering. That only came in later rulesets.

Casimir
August 2nd, 2011, 14:51
Ok, thanks for the info. It'd be a nice feature if available to players, but no worries.

zackspacks
August 6th, 2011, 01:16
Ok, thanks for the info. It'd be a nice feature if available to players, but no worries.Yes I agree, I am currently writing a Cthulhu Rising scenario for FG2, and it involves people at senior corporate level with their own company agendas. They will undoubtedly be lobbying other players for their political support during the scenario. This could be done ideally through FG2 P2P whispering. I guess the external workaround is to use another program such as the Skype chatbox,
cheers
Paul

Casimir
August 8th, 2011, 19:07
With that said - how difficult would it be to include / create player to player whispering in the ruleset? Could it be as simple as an extension, or is it more complex than that?

Ikael
August 8th, 2011, 20:17
I think In FGII v2.8 its possible to create generic p2p whispering as an extension thanks to new Comm-script module. You would only need to create OOB-message sender that's invoked by /whisper slashcommad and a receiver handler for OOB messages that handles whisper message prosessing. I could try out making such an extension after my holiday ends.

Casimir
August 8th, 2011, 20:21
That would be quite cool - thank you!