PDA

View Full Version : Full to Ultimate

Rashek
August 1st, 2011, 18:56
What is the advantage to changing from a Full to Ultimate license.

drahkar
August 1st, 2011, 19:53
The Primary benefit for switching to Ultimate is the added ability to host Unregistered clients. It allows you to offer game sessions to people unable or unwilling to purchase the Lite license.

As a Ruleset developer it is extremely useful as it allows me to do things like have the Publishers of the game I'm hosting for connect directly in if they are interested to see how things look from a players perspective. It is also extremely useful for play-testing in that regards.

Rashek
August 1st, 2011, 23:07
Ok so everyone in my group has a copy (4 full's and 3 lites between six people) so unless I decide to start running random games there really is no need for me to upgrade. There is no added features in Ultimate is what I mean...

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2011, 00:07
No, the Ultimate license was for GMs to have more versatility in which players they accept.

Cheers,
JPG

Rashek
August 2nd, 2011, 01:02
Thanks for the info!

GM_BZK
August 2nd, 2011, 05:14
I just upgraded from Full to Ultimate. However, the file I downloaded looks like it is the 2.72 version with no mention of Ultimate. Do I need to uninstall my old one (which is actually the upgraded 2.8) and reinstall the new one?

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2011, 05:49
The link in the store must be old, just use the new installer and enter your ultimate key.

Regards,
JPG

GM_BZK
August 2nd, 2011, 06:02
How do I get the Ultimate Key? I emailed my old key as per the pages instructions. Will I be getting a reply with the new key?

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2011, 06:15
Yes, it usually takes about 24 hours to get the new key, since Doug needs to generate it.

Regards,
JPG

GM_BZK
August 2nd, 2011, 06:59
Excellent! Thank you. Can't wait to give this a run with my friends. :D