PDA

View Full Version : Combat Question

dstack1776
August 1st, 2011, 17:10
This is hopefully super-basic....

When I add a pre-generated creature (for example drag an NPC from Secrets of New York City) into the combat tracker and click on the combat icon (the pistol) all of the combat stats appear. For example for Carl Sanford we see Attacks Sword Cane 100% (1d6)

However if I create a personality (for example manually create my own cultist) I can assign it various weapons, skills, and damage on the combat tab of the personality. However, when I drag the newly created personality onto the combat tracker the combat stats do not appear. Is there something I need to do to enable them?

dstack1776
August 1st, 2011, 17:36
Hmmm this is odd... Now it seems to be working. The only difference being I added an icon token to the personality.... Must experiment further...

Sorcerer
August 1st, 2011, 17:38
this appears to be a bug, or at least a problem with how/when the ruleset is refreshing the data.

it occurs infrequently with me. Usually if it is the first (only) NPC in the campaign, but it can occur at other times

Theoretically you should not have to do anything other than fill in the data and drag to the CT.
However if it does happen then create a second weapon, check that it does show in the CT (you might have to close the CT and reopen it first) and then delete the line with the first weapon. This should fix it for you.

Netjera
September 11th, 2011, 09:36
I'm having this issue as well, specifically with NPCs. Is there some format the attack information needs to be entered in?

I've been using the format: Scimitar 1d8 x2 in the Attack field. This doesn't seem to actually be generating an attack, although monsters dragged out of the Monsters list work just fine, and look like they're formatted similarly.

Sorcerer
September 12th, 2011, 08:46
The attack as written will work if inputed onto an NPC sheet as long as the Scimitar is listed in the weapon field and the 1d8 x2 is on the damage field.

if you are trying to enter it directly onto a combat tracker entry then you need to put the damage in brackets and you must enter a % for the the attack or it will be ignored, something like

Scimitar 50% (1d8 x2)

note, the x2 will be ignored, its informational only.
there must be a space between the 8 and the x or it will not register as an attack.

additionally, although double click rolling is supported on the NPC sheet, it was for some reason not implemented on the combat tracker, where only drag rolling is allowed

Netjera
September 13th, 2011, 06:00
Thanks! Actually double-click rolling from the CT does work, it's just a bit techy. First click will select part of the text. So make sure it either has the attack highlighted or the damage, and then double click when the right thing is highlighted and that seems to work. At least for 3.5. I can't speak to anything else.

Sorcerer
September 13th, 2011, 08:10
3.5?

Just to be clear my reply referred only to the syntax of CoC attacks - since this is the CoC forum. Double click attacking from the CoC CT is not included as far as I can see.

Netjera
September 13th, 2011, 11:37
Ack sorry. I did a search for the issue I was having, and didn't even notice that this was the CoC forum. *blushes*