PDA

View Full Version : Location of icons and frames

CB Droege
August 1st, 2011, 13:56
I was using JPGd20 for my campaign until last night when I clicked the 'convert to 3.5e' button.

I like all the new features, but I would like to change a couple of the graphics. Mostly, it's that I have a particular tabletop design that I made specific to my campaign, and I'd like to put it back. In the past I could easily just edit the PNGs where they sat in the FG2 rulesset directories, but I can't find where the images are located for 3.5e.

Any help?

Sorcerer
August 1st, 2011, 14:31
the 3.5E ruleset comes as a pak file (a compressed archive like a zip).
it is not located in the APPData folder, but in the FG program folder

its location depends on your operating system, but should be something like
C:/program files/Fantasy grounds II/

you can rename the 3.5E.pak file as 3.5E.zip and open it as a normal zip file.

the only point to bare in mind is that now you are using the built in 3.5E ruleset, every time you click to update FG the ruleset is liable also to update and overwrite any changes you make.

It would therefore be better if you created an extension to hold your graphical changes.
you will find the 3.5E dungeon theme (actually only called dungeon theme.ext). in the extensions folder in APPData. it too can be renamed as a zip to have a look inside.

I would create a copy of that file, rename it and then edit the graphics you want to use. Then all you need to do is enable it when you start up your campaign, and you don't have to worry about it being altered by updates to the ruleset during FG updates.

CB Droege
August 7th, 2011, 20:44
Thanks!

Will this send the updated graphics to my players as well, r do I need to send them the new .pak for their own client?

Moon Wizard
August 7th, 2011, 21:42
Yes, the players will get the updated graphics from the extensions.

Also, v2.8 will use the version of a ruleset in the app data folder directory to override the default PAK file in the program directory. So, you could just unpack into app data rulesets directory. Extension would be better, since you would get future 3.5 updates.

Cheers,
JPG