PDA

View Full Version : 2.8 issue

Insanity
August 1st, 2011, 04:15
This problem seemed to have come up with the 2.8 update and affects another ruleset in addition to the 4E.

Whenever using the ctrl+ mouse wheel to edit number field, it will change the field directly above it, or even 2 fields above it, rather then the one I wanted.

I have experienced this with the 4E and Call of Cthulhu rulesets, the fields can be changed be clicking and typing the desired value in, but the mouse wheel edit will not work as intended.

A friend also seemingly had the same trouble with the Warhammer ruleset.

Also seems to affect being able to resize tokens.

As it has happened in different rulesets, seems it is an issue with FG itself.

Trenloe
August 1st, 2011, 05:41
The resize issue has been reported on a seperate thread to this one - so definitely looks like there's a bit of an issue out there.

Unfortunately, there are some people who aren't having this issue - for me it works fine in 3.5E, 4E and C&C rulesets.

Does the mouse pointer change to a hand when you hover over the number field at the right point or is the pointer/hand detection "off"?

Trying to work out if it is related to graphic/mouse or something else...

Also, is there the same problem rotating a token on an image with the mouse wheel?

Moon Wizard
August 1st, 2011, 06:11
Insanity,

A few questions:
* Are you running a multi monitor configuration? If so, give me some details, and where you run FG.
* Are you running maximized?
* Where is your Windows task bar located?
* Are you running Windows, or Linux/Mac?

Thanks,
JPG

Trenloe
August 1st, 2011, 06:30
Insanity,

A few questions:
* Are you running a multi monitor configuration? If so, give me some details, and where you run FG.

Thanks,
JPG

Looks like it's when it's maximised - just done some testing and have reproduced the issues seen:

- Multi and single monitor configuration. Maximised on either screen in multi monitor and maximised on single monitor.
- Task bar along the bottom. (default) Although I did further testing - same happens if the taskbar is right, left, top and set to auto-hide.
- Windows 7 64 bit.

dr_venture
August 1st, 2011, 09:36
I replied over in the other thread about the token rotating / mouse issues - I have seen this problem with the public beta, too... veeery intermittent for me, so much so that I never reported anything. I haven't seen it in a while, though - probably since last version.

I'm on XP, single monitor, window maximized. If I see it again, I'll try it with the window non-maxed.

This sounds like some kind of configuration issue to me.

AndyPan
August 1st, 2011, 14:52
Okay, it's good to see I'm NOT losing my mind here. I will check out some of these suggestions when I get home, though I DO know for certain that FG was maximized while playing when I noticed this issue.

On a related note, another issue with scaling I noticed was on the map directly. When scaling a token placed on the map (rather than in the combat tracker), if I enlarged it, it was fine. If I reduced the size, and brought the size down as far as it could go, it would get stuck. If I tried to enlarge the token, it would zoom out the map. The only way to scale the size of the token back up was with the combat tracker. However, while it was possible to enlarge the token, the scale was incorrect. For example, when scaling it back to fit the 5' square, where it should be an even number (the scale number actually should disappear at this point), it would be slightly under or slightly over (the number next to the token would read something like 0.9 or 1.2). The only way to get the scale back to normal would be to delete and re-add the token image. I hope this makes sense. I am at work, so can't provide any image backup, but it was something I was able to do repeatedly.

AndyPan
August 1st, 2011, 14:54
AND just realized I posted this in the wrong thread. My bad. Going to add it tot he right thread now.

Insanity
August 1st, 2011, 15:14
Insanity,

A few questions:

Thanks,
JPG

No multi-monitor
Yes, running maximized.
Task bar at bottom
Win XP

Insanity
August 1st, 2011, 15:18
The resize issue has been reported on a seperate thread to this one - so definitely looks like there's a bit of an issue out there.

Unfortunately, there are some people who aren't having this issue - for me it works fine in 3.5E, 4E and C&C rulesets.

Does the mouse pointer change to a hand when you hover over the number field at the right point or is the pointer/hand detection "off"?

Trying to work out if it is related to graphic/mouse or something else...

Also, is there the same problem rotating a token on an image with the mouse wheel?

The pointer does change to a hand when hovering over the field.
I did try it when both max and windowed, and the problem did not arise unless it was maximized, including rotating tokens.

dr_venture
August 1st, 2011, 21:19
Configuration info: XP pro (sp3), single monitor, 1920x1200 resolution, 32-bit color, Radeon x1600 series.

I note that even though I only have one monitor connected, the Settings tab of the Display Properties window shows a 2nd monitor that is 'greyed out' and labeled "Not Active" with the text in the Display drop-down menu reading, "2. (Default Monitor) on Radeon X1600 Series Secondary." I'm just guessing that this represents the analog output of the Radeon card.

My monitor is connected to the card's digital output, and its listing in the Display drop-down menu is, "1. NEC AccuSync LCD24WMCX on Radeon X1600 Series."

Perhaps the unused 2nd output of the card is related to the dual monitor problem?

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2011, 00:05
For some reason, MS decided to make mouse wheel events use screen coordinates instead of client coordinates, when all the other mouse events use client coordinates. I will have a patch in the v2.8.1 test version.

For now, try resizing window to take up most of screen, instead of resizing.

Regards,
JPG

Insanity
August 2nd, 2011, 00:20
Makes complete sense of them.

Thanks for the reply, looking forward to the patch.

Dracenfels
August 2nd, 2011, 06:08
Awesome, yes that seems to give me a work around to the problem. Thanks moon wizard.

dr_venture
August 3rd, 2011, 02:23
2.8.1 completely fixes all the mouse issues I have seen on my system. Nice work!

Insanity
August 3rd, 2011, 03:12
Aye, seems to have done the same for me.