PDA

View Full Version : 2.8 Bug Thread

Eru the One
July 31st, 2011, 23:22
Just tested with multiple clients and the vote function does not update the GMs screen, but all the clients can see the votes checked. I've tested on 3.5e and 4e.

Eru the One
August 1st, 2011, 00:42
I was unable to reopen modules after accidentally closing some. (4e client-side)

Moon Wizard
August 1st, 2011, 18:17
How are you trying to open modules?

You can double-click on the left-most book picture (or blank space if no picture), or you can hold your mouse button down on the small book icon and drag left to open.

I just tried in my 4E campaign on both host and client side without any problems.

I'll look into the vote refresh.

Thanks,
JPG

CAPryde
August 1st, 2011, 19:43
The Deadlands modules no longer work with 2.8; I can see the adventure modules (Coffin Rock), but not the rule set. We had to play with the SW basic module today.

Moon Wizard
August 1st, 2011, 21:46
Eru, Found the vote refresh issue. I will get it in the next update.

CAPryde, I'll take a look.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2011, 06:06
CAPryde,

I just tried in both 2.7.6 and 2.8, and I saw the same behavior in both.

If the modules are not installed locally on the client machine, then the modules will not be visible in the module activation window, but should show up in the library window after a few seconds. The module data will only be visible on the clients as long as the GM has the books open. If the GM has the player books closed, then the data will not be available to the players.

If this is not the case, then please try to recreate in a new campaign, and let me know the steps that you took. Also, you can try deleting the player cache, in case it got corrupted. If it was multiple clients, then that is probably not the case.

Other questions that might help me recreate:
* What are the permission settings for the player books on the GM side? (Disallow, Allow, Force, Empty)
* Were the player books open on the GM side?
* Are the modules installed on the clients, or only on the host?

Thanks,
JPG