PDA

View Full Version : Patching problems

Pikup
July 31st, 2011, 05:04
A) Thanks for this patch I have really been looking forward to it.

B) My update is running into an issue.
While checking package 3.5e for updates I get the message
error processing package manifest.

Since I'm not see other complaints I'll assume its something with my system any thoughts what it could be?

Pikup

RKBrumbelow
July 31st, 2011, 05:11
This complaint has been seen during deployment.
According to JPG:

"'Error processing package manifest'
We believe this error is caused by server load, but have been unable to reproduce consistently. It's part of the server-side updater system, and I haven't delved into that system yet.

The workaround for now is to try again until the update completes successfully.

Regards,
JPG"

Pikup
July 31st, 2011, 20:00
Ok I have tried repeatedly with the same results. I was able to update one of my lite licenses without problems. I even tried an uninstall/re-install. Still crapping out at the same point. Any other suggestions?

Pikup

cpbs
July 31st, 2011, 20:04
Might want to see if an admin would move it to the "House of Healing" portions of the forums, the devs are more apt to see it there. Good luck though, I had the same problem, ended up just having to click it 10-15 times to get it to finally download/install correctly.

DarkStar
July 31st, 2011, 21:03
Same problem here. It occurred in a Windows VM, but oddly enough FG patched itself properly in Wine. Besides the environment, one other difference was that in the Wine instance, I first ran the updater.exe manually.

Pikup
August 1st, 2011, 00:01
Ok I got it patched, but it really seemed to be more than just server load unless my timing was extremely coincidental. I did another uninstall and then went through the system and cleaned up some leftover registry items and file structures. After the re-install it patched after I opened the Drinor Demo once.

I made a backup of my data files prior to the uninstall so I should be able to get back to ground zero, but this was definitely not the normal smooth process I'm used to.

Pikup