PDA

View Full Version : [2.8] Effects Script Error

CrazyGoblinoid
July 30th, 2011, 22:31
If a player gives an effect to himself, just before the effect expires (i.e. the turn is advanced from the player before him) the following script error is seen:

Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:110: bad argument #1 to 'gmatch' (string expected, got userdata)

Moon Wizard
July 30th, 2011, 23:36
I just applied a spell effect from a character sheet with the apply option set to SELF and duration of 5. I clicked Next Actor button through about 12 combatants until the effect expired. I didn't see any script errors.

Can you give me more info on the steps to reproduce?
* Which ruleset are you using?
* Where is the effect you are applying? (PC spell/power roll, Campaign effects)
* What are all the effect buttons set to? (On/Off, Self/Trgt, All/Actn/Roll/Sngl)
* What is the text of the effect?
* How are you applying the effect? (double-click, dragging)
* If dragging, where are you dropping effect? (CT, character portrait, map token)

Thanks,
JPG

CrazyGoblinoid
July 30th, 2011, 23:45
The effect is a campaign effect, they have all been set to vsbl, I have tried it with sngl, all, actn and roll, I have used various durations, I have used your "good example" texts and single words (not conditions or listed tags), I have dragged the effect from campaign effects to both the tracker and onto tokens, all these result in the script error above.

RKBrumbelow
July 31st, 2011, 00:56
The effect is a campaign effect, they have all been set to vsbl, I have tried it with sngl, all, actn and roll, I have used various durations, I have used your "good example" texts and single words (not conditions or listed tags), I have dragged the effect from campaign effects to both the tracker and onto tokens, all these result in the script error above.

What ruleset?

Moon Wizard
July 31st, 2011, 02:43
OK, I think I was able to see the issue in the 3.5E ruleset. I'll check back if I need more info.

Thanks,
JPG

CrazyGoblinoid
July 31st, 2011, 08:08
What ruleset?
3.5e - Pathfinder