PDA

View Full Version : Updated Pathfinder Bestiary 1

PoisonAlchemist
July 29th, 2011, 07:53
So I was going through the Pathfinder Bestiary and realized it was a pain to make out the special abilities, which were more or less a mess. Also, there were no stats for the Owl Bear and a lot of missing Mephit data.

I've started a Bestiary 2 mod, but would like to know if there already is one that I have missed somewhere that needs polishing. Along that line, as anyone developed a pathfinder bestiary parser? The third bestiary will be here before you know it.

Leonal
July 29th, 2011, 08:44
I haven't looked at yours yet, but the current version of 2.8 Test does have the bestiary 1 included, with all mephits and owlbear data.

PoisonAlchemist
July 29th, 2011, 09:46
Well, I've been blindsided. Oh well.

Leonal
July 29th, 2011, 09:58
We could always use Bestiary 2 though! Always room for more. :)

Aristotle
July 30th, 2011, 02:42
I'm working on a complete bestiary, like my complete spell module, but I'm not keeping any time table for when I'll be done. It's a fun project rather than a product.

krb243
July 31st, 2011, 01:27
why do i get the below script error when i select a beast and click on the combat tab? i'm using the 3.5 path 2.8 version. help please :-) thanx!

Script Error: [string "npc/scripts/npc_main.lua"]:22: attempt to index global 'senses' (a nil value)

never mind, i converted over to 3.5 from 20jpg and the error is gone. sorry 'bout that.

Trenloe
August 16th, 2011, 08:43
Along that line, as anyone developed a pathfinder bestiary parser?

Does anyone know if there has been a bestiary/creature stat parser created for Pathfinder?

I'd like to get an automated way of entering creature/NPC stats from the staistic block - basically copy/paste from a PDF into a text file and parse that text file into a module with NPC entries.

I'd like to get the NPCs from Gamesmastery Guide into a module - it would be so handy to have those stats ready when the PCs go a little off track.

Dershem
August 16th, 2011, 18:49
It would be also nice when converting adventure paths into pathfinder as well. This is something I was curious about as I know someone was working on one a while back.

Though not for everyone but, I see they do have Hero Lab support about done for char's, I'm hoping (personally) it won't be to much of a stretch for npcs.

Trenloe
October 18th, 2011, 11:44
Answered my own request by making a Pathfinder creature parser - available here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15475) It's actually more than an alpha, I've used it to create a Bestiary 2 module - available here. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15549)

Give it a go and let me know how you go. :)