PDA

View Full Version : Another new pathfinder quest again......

jcdf
July 28th, 2011, 20:58
I am putting together a new game for the first time. I have never DM a game on FG's system before so it might get off to a slow start. It will be using the pathfinder ruleset. The game will actually be the Crypt of the Everflame. Sorry for stealing any of your players CrazyGoblinoid in advance. It is a good beginning quest for newbies I thought.

I am looking for 3 or 4 players to begin with. Not all newbies hopefully as I am myself.

You will require the FG's lite licence or better to participate and will need to be available at the appropriate times. This is the good bit as I am highly flexible with times and available a lot of the time.

You will need to make up a character as well, that can be done on the first session.

If you are interested respond to this thread or send me a pm. :)

Kung-Fu Joe
July 28th, 2011, 21:50
I'm interested; however, as I am GMT -5, that might make scheduling a tad difficult. I'm currently free on Tuesdays after 5:00pm EST, though.

jcdf
July 29th, 2011, 14:24
Sorry Kung-Fu Joe that day I am not available.

Nestor
July 30th, 2011, 14:57
what day and time are you looking for? I'm interested if we can get the date and time right

Im -6 gmt, I can play after 8:00 pm most any night (that i don't have a session)

jcdf
July 30th, 2011, 16:09
Days I am available are monday, tuesday, friday, saturday and sunday.

Times are 14:00 - 20:00 GMT.

Nestor
July 30th, 2011, 17:08
yeah that wont work for me

PoisonAlchemist
August 4th, 2011, 05:54
Available any day of the week, evening preferred. -8 GMT

jcdf
August 5th, 2011, 17:23
Available any day of the week, evening preferred. -8 GMT

Excellent!

Go here and sign on. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=677) Once one or two more people have signed up, I will add some possible days/times for play and we can begin. :)

jcdf
August 6th, 2011, 01:05
The Game Calendar is located here for those interested in signing up. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=677)

mrgrey
August 7th, 2011, 18:43
Just signed up; I'm generally available Saturdays at the time mentioned, and can usually let you know on Monday if I'm not going to be (I'm in GMT, but work in catering, which comes complete with different shifts every week).

jcdf
August 7th, 2011, 19:11
I am still willing to accept two more players.

From having played many games i know well there always dropouts and I am just looking for a small party.

jcdf
August 12th, 2011, 18:29
bump

Still looking for new players.

middlemonster
August 12th, 2011, 23:37
I have played pathfinder quite a bit. I could help you a lot with the rules if you need it. What classes are you allowing?

I would like to be a synthesist summoner from the APG/Ultimate Magic books.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner

Just asking, do you now about this website: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/ ?

The Pathfinder SRD has a mostly (not ultimate combat yet) complete ruleset for all pathfinder rules.

If you ever need to quickly research a rule or creature (for example) you can search for it there and its super easy. I use it all the time.

jcdf
August 13th, 2011, 18:05
I have played pathfinder quite a bit. I could help you a lot with the rules if you need it. What classes are you allowing?

I would like to be a synthesist summoner from the APG/Ultimate Magic books.
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/base-classes/summoner

Just asking, do you now about this website: https://www.d20pfsrd.com/ ?

The Pathfinder SRD has a mostly (not ultimate combat yet) complete ruleset for all pathfinder rules.

If you ever need to quickly research a rule or creature (for example) you can search for it there and its super easy. I use it all the time.

Your help would be much appreciated. For character classes I am sticking those in the core rulebook. If you absolutely determined to be a 'synthesist summoner' whatever that is, I will accommodate it as best as I can.

I am familiar with that website. It is a very useful source of information to Pathfinder.

mrgrey
August 14th, 2011, 02:16
I would probably have taken feats and abilities in the APG and Ultimate Combat anyway (though I would have told you in advance what they did if asked). I still can't see scheduled games on the calender, for some reason, but I'm working Friday and Saturday night, so it's fairly safe to assume I can't show up :(.

middlemonster
August 14th, 2011, 02:58
I don't absolutely have to be a summoner, but it is my favorite class.

The classes in the APG and Ultimate Combat are a bit more complicated but they are way more interesting then the base classes.

Otherwise I'd be a cleric, since you don't have one yet.

XpressO
August 16th, 2011, 20:49
Days I am available are monday, tuesday, friday, saturday and sunday.

Times are 14:00 - 20:00 GMT.
I might be interested in gaming at Saturdays and any of the times above work for me, preferably earlier than later. As for my character, I'd like to play a simple Human Illusionist Wizard - have to actually read the rules through before I can make any real decisions since my head is geared to 4E at the moment.

My timezone. (https://timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=101)

EDIT: It seems you have already enough wizards applying to your game. And already five players that like the Saturday time. Tell me if there is room, and I'll try to figure out a character that would support the group well.

Comac
August 17th, 2011, 18:24
I wish this was any day BUT saturday heh

jcdf
August 18th, 2011, 12:38
I might be interested in gaming at Saturdays and any of the times above work for me, preferably earlier than later. As for my character, I'd like to play a simple Human Illusionist Wizard - have to actually read the rules through before I can make any real decisions since my head is geared to 4E at the moment.

My timezone. (https://timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=101)

EDIT: It seems you have already enough wizards applying to your game. And already five players that like the Saturday time. Tell me if there is room, and I'll try to figure out a character that would support the group well.

Feel free to be a wizard. So long as there is at least one of each profession and at least two fighters in the group (as in fighter, rogue, mage and cleric) I am not too bothered.

This is my first time DMing with fantasy grounds so I am not to sure as to the perfect number of players. It is my experience from playing that there are frequent last minutes drop outs and non shows so even though I already have 6 players I will take you as well.

I am also not sure as to the number that can be maintained on my system without causing instability issues. I guess we will find out the hard way.

I will not be taking any more players for now!

kizza360
August 20th, 2011, 14:04
im new tho know the basics and would love to join if accepted i will purchase either lite or better :) PM me or contact me with [email protected]

jcdf
August 20th, 2011, 23:27
im new tho know the basics and would love to join if accepted i will purchase either lite or better :) PM me or contact me with [email protected]

it is probably not a good idea to be sticking your email address up on a public forum like that! It might encourage spam mail.

mrgrey
August 21st, 2011, 01:15
I'd add that it's most definitely not a good idea and will definitely encourage spam. There are spambots that read the posts of forums and pick up any email addresses they can find before adding them to the list of addresses to send spam mail to.

jcdf
September 15th, 2011, 12:19
I am taking new players, two to three, with one additional proviso, they no longer require a Fantasy Grounds License. The Demo version will do.

I have upgraded my version of Fantasy Grounds to 'ultimate' and I am prepared to take on a few newbies looking to learn the ropes.

Anyone interested reply here, send me a pm or log on at the game calendar. (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=677)

Leonal
September 15th, 2011, 13:45
I am taking new players, two to three, with one additional proviso, they no longer require a Fantasy Grounds License. The Demo version will do.

I have upgraded my version of Fantasy Grounds to 'ultimate' and I am prepared to take on a few newbies looking to learn the ropes.

Note that they need to install using the "unregistered" license and not the demo version to connect to an ultimate license holder without paying.

tahl_liadon
September 17th, 2011, 04:22
so, questions:

- still recruiting?

- your calendar has 3 consecutive days, with 2 times each day... what the heck does that mean?! ;-)

are you taking votes of schedule and those are the options, or do you plan to game at those exact times consecutively? and what after that? twice daily?!

if yer taking votes, i can def play sundays.

jcdf
September 17th, 2011, 16:50
so, questions:

- still recruiting?

- your calendar has 3 consecutive days, with 2 times each day... what the heck does that mean?! ;-)

are you taking votes of schedule and those are the options, or do you plan to game at those exact times consecutively? and what after that? twice daily?!

if yer taking votes, i can def play sundays.

Yes I am still recruiting.

There is only one game per week. I put up a selection of possible times a week or so in advance and the players pick the times most appropriate to them. Whichever time gets the most votes is time/day we play on.

If the Sunday, time or times are the ones that best suit you then just click on the vote yes link in the Scheduled play times list. Apply as player first.

tahl_liadon
September 17th, 2011, 22:19
sunday, either time slot, it is then.

XpressO
September 26th, 2011, 09:09
So here's the deal. Reason for me missing the sessions is that my life went a bit upside down and I've been busy dealing with RL stuff. I humbly apologize I forgot to tell you I'm going to miss sessions. By now I think I've fallen so much behind that I can't rejoin the game anymore, or can I?

Sorry again :(

jcdf
September 26th, 2011, 11:33
So here's the deal. Reason for me missing the sessions is that my life went a bit upside down and I've been busy dealing with RL stuff. I humbly apologize I forgot to tell you I'm going to miss sessions. By now I think I've fallen so much behind that I can't rejoin the game anymore, or can I?

Sorry again :(
No you can still join. While you have been suffering RL (real life) problems we have been suffering VL (virtual life) problems. My router got a bad case of schizophrenia. The party is still camped in the Serpent Gorge waiting to enter the Crypt.

I have put some new times up on the Calendar (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=677).

vaasa
October 7th, 2011, 22:20
Hi,

If your still taking players, I am available almost any weekend night or weekday all day. Been Roleplaying for many years, new to FG. GMT +2 here.

Artaron
October 8th, 2011, 18:52
Hi Jcdf ! How are you ? I played crypt of the everflame with CrazyGoblinoid so I won't join in at this timem but please let me know if you intend to run other Pathfinder modules in the future !
Good gaming

XpressO
October 15th, 2011, 04:13
Yet again I have to be out :( My IRL problems need solving.. Sorry to you all. It is a pressing matter I have to attend to.. Sad thing altogether. I can't join today.. I don't know when I can join.... Everything is just.. just too hard... *sigh*.. See you...