PDA

View Full Version : two suggestions

pat_smith1969
July 24th, 2011, 18:59
Hi all...
I am new to FG and just purchased a full license. This seems to be a great product and exactly what is required for both remote and in person games.

While going through various areas I came up with two suggestions. I realize I am new but sometimes fresh eyes can spot a need where grizzled veterans pass right over it.

1. licenses:
I purchased a single full license, installed it and am runing it... .cool. Now I have a couple friends that I would like to show it to remotely, perhaps they would take turns playing a game. If I meet someone that I would like to have sit in a game it would be nice to have a floating license to use in these cases. I understand you can purchase a super license for about $150 with unlimited float licneses but I think there should be a way for a GM to purchase a couple float licneses separately. Maybe charge the same as a full license but it could sit with the GMs machine and be handed out to someone as they connect to the GM's game.

2. The calendar is awesome... I just wish I could search for games based on the date the game is held. I see there is a place for the Gm to enter a date the game is held, we should be able to sort on it.

anyways FG seems awesome, I will post more observations as I get deeper into it, feel free to ignore them.

leozelig
July 26th, 2011, 00:58
Good suggestions. Regarding the game calendar, I know you can sort games by the 'TMZ GMT' field, but that really only narrows the field a little. I suspect that the calendar remains an under-used resource for organizing games.

I don't know how many GMs use the 'Scheduled play times' feature in the calendar, but it would be cool if you could pull up a list of scheduled games by date/time using this information. I assume most groups play consistently on the same day of the week, so this would be a good start for finding a regular game.

I wonder if there are any plans for working on the game calendar in the near future...

ddavison
July 26th, 2011, 04:03
The Game Calendar mostly gives GMs a place to record existing or new campaigns they are starting and allows players to sign up and vote for start times. We are looking into some other options but don't have anything on the horizon at this stage.

We've also thought about a true floating license option but haven't implemented this yet either. The new demo features we'll be rolling out might cover most of this need you reference though.

Iceman
July 29th, 2011, 17:35
I have started using Yahoo Calendar for my games. A quick drag and drop lets me set a new game day and automatically sends out reminders to my crew. The ability to share the calendar might give FG the ability to have a community calendar with easily spotted games available for its members. A simple frame link would allow the calendar to display 'within' the FG website.
However there may be some limitations on the shared calendar, i.e. there may be far more FG members than Yahoo would let you share....since I dont share my calendar I dont know but it may be something you want to look at for now.

The Game Calendar mostly gives GMs a place to record existing or new campaigns they are starting and allows players to sign up and vote for start times. We are looking into some other options but don't have anything on the horizon at this stage.

We've also thought about a true floating license option but haven't implemented this yet either. The new demo features we'll be rolling out might cover most of this need you reference though.