PDA

View Full Version : Cache Fix Suggestion

Iceman
July 24th, 2011, 18:05
At my last game two people were not immediately able to connect, even though others could. Both people experienced BASE XML error messages. One was finally able to connect after clearing his cache (basically wiping out my campaign on his end and then redownloading all) but the other one was never able to get connected.

I think it would be great if the developers would put a clear cache button next to the appropriate campaign, so that if the problem occurs the player can simply hit a button instead of learning how and then navigating through and doing it manually. The developers might even have a more efficient way to handle this, but a simple button would be best from the users standpoint.

As for me all my cash was previously deleted by my ex-wife.

Moon Wizard
July 24th, 2011, 22:32
The optimal solution would be to figure out what is causing the issue. If you run into the issue again, it would be great to get a copy of the cache file, and a copy of the campaign sent to me at [email protected]. If it's a custom ruleset, I will need that as well.

I've debated adding a clear cache feature, but it is not a capability I wanted to make too accessible due to the impact it has on session startup times for everyone.

Regards,
JPG