PDA

View Full Version : scrollbar visibility on start

meathome
July 22nd, 2011, 09:40
Hi, im using the scrollbar template that came with fantasy grounds and have a little problem. The scrollbar is invisible when de windowlist ist first displayed even if there are more elements than can fit the list. After i scroll in the ist once the scrollbar is dispalyed normally.

I tried getting aroundthis by overiding the onInit function likk this:

function onInit()
super.onInit();
setVisible(true);
end

It didnt work.. any ideas how I can make the scrollbar visible on start ifthere are more elemetnts than can be displayed in the list?

drahkar
July 22nd, 2011, 16:37
Are you trying to use the scrollbars like they use in the launcher?

If so, there are details on using them here:
https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/Scrollbar

Moon Wizard
July 22nd, 2011, 18:59
The scrollbar template was never really finalized, so it doesn't work 100%. The primary issue I've seen is the startup issue you've seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are potentially more. Also, some of the issues may require tweaks to the getScrollState API which the scrollbar uses.

I've been considering moving to scrollbars for parts of the 3.5E and 4E rulesets, but I've been delaying because the amount of work involved, and it doesn't really add any features.

Cheers,
JPG

drahkar
July 23rd, 2011, 16:09
The link above is all of the scrollbar code and does work. I separated it out of the launcher so that I could use it in the AO Ruleset and I use it all over the ruleset in place of the scrolling nub that originally was used.

It works really well when implemented. And isn't dependent on anything from any ruleset to work.

Moon Wizard
July 24th, 2011, 22:35
Great to hear, drakhar.

I wasn't sure if the scrollbar implementation would open up any issues, so I've been waiting. Maybe I'll try to slip it into the built-in rulesets in the version following v2.8.

Thanks,
JPG

drahkar
July 25th, 2011, 18:39
I know a lot of people who would love to see those replace the nubs in 3.5E and 4E. :) Glad I could offer any help I can.

StuartW
July 26th, 2011, 06:03
There are also scrollbars in the RMC ruleset, both vertically and horizontally, because of the amount of table data that needs to be viewed. I think these work quite well (IMHO) and also allow you to use the mouse wheel to scroll their contents. I'm not sure if/how they are compatible with the launcher scrollbars, as the RMC ones pre-date the launcher code.

Stuart