PDA

View Full Version : nWoD Wishlist

Infocalypse
July 21st, 2011, 23:33
Hi PneumaPilot,
I greatly appreciate the work you put into the nWoD ruleset. It's great looking and quite handy, but there are a few things that could need improvement in my eyes, maybe you agree to one or the other point mentioned here and they might find a way into 0.9X whatsoever.

More than five dots. Some creatures, especially NPCs have abilities that exceed the 5 dot scale, true fae, old vamps, etc. just to name a few. So, although dots are better looking and "in line" with the game layout, it would be better, if the traits were numbers, not dots, in my eyes.
Monsters should have a pregenerated slot that can be freely named for Blood Potency, Gnosis, Wyrd, etc, as well as for the corresponding Blood / Glamour / Mana etc. points and for how many can be used per turn. As for now one would have to put it somewhere under abilities, which is somewhat awkward. See next point for a proposal.
Give NPCs an additional submenu "Supernatural Abilites". Here you can put Gnosis and such (as above) as well as Contracts, Disciplines, etc. It would be great if those were bookmarkable (grey box).
Dice rules: I saw a video once that allowed for 9-again, 8-again, rote-action, risk, etc. rolls. Somehow I am to stupid to actually find it within the ruleset. This is not important, but would be a cool feature nonetheless.

Again thanks for your great work!

drahkar
July 22nd, 2011, 16:26
Infocalypse -

I'm not sure if PneumaPilot is still developing his version of the nWOD Ruleset. You should look at Feon's one, which is still being developed by a few community developers. See if there are any suggestions or recommendations for it. It might even address some of your issues.

https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/World_of_Darkness

Infocalypse
July 22nd, 2011, 16:37
...Which is ultimately my mistake, as I was actually referring to Feon's ruleset and not PneumaPilot's but looked the name up in the wrong thread. Sorry for that and thanks for notifying!

drahkar
July 22nd, 2011, 16:40
No worries. Just wanted to make sure!

I'll make sure the other people who help work on that Ruleset see this thread. I help on it as well, but I'm currently wrapped up in a commercial Ruleset I'm developing and can't focus on it right now.

trialaccess
August 15th, 2011, 01:33
The only thing I have seen is that the werewolf sheet has vitae and disciplines instead of gifts and rites.

I really like the build of this ruleset though. : ) Thank you community for all the hard work!

Also, has anyone began putting together modules for the nWOD library? Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to build them?

drahkar
August 15th, 2011, 16:44
The only thing I have seen is that the werewolf sheet has vitae and disciplines instead of gifts and rites.

I really like the build of this ruleset though. : ) Thank you community for all the hard work!

Also, has anyone began putting together modules for the nWOD library? Is there a tutorial somewhere on how to build them?

The World of Darkness Ruleset that is actively being developed: https://oberoten.dyndns.org/fgwiki/index.php/World_of_Darkness doesn't have a WereWolf Character sheet yet. Are you perhaps referring to the one made by PneumaPilot?

As to Modules, no modules exist for nWOD. It is not an official Ruleset as as such, distribution of modules containing nWOD copyrighted data is not permitted.

The hope is that in the future White Wolf will sign on with Fantasy Grounds, but it isn't there yet.

StuartW
August 18th, 2011, 06:39
The World of Darkness Ruleset that is actively being developed doesn't have a WereWolf Character sheet yet.

That's sort-of true: there is a placeholder character sheet for each of the gamelines (as of when I built the ruleset originally), which means they are accessible from the game. However, those placeholders are just copies of the Vampire sheet, with only the background image and gameline logo changed.

Stuart

drahkar
August 18th, 2011, 20:44
That's sort-of true: there is a placeholder character sheet for each of the gamelines (as of when I built the ruleset originally), which means they are accessible from the game. However, those placeholders are just copies of the Vampire sheet, with only the background image and gameline logo changed.

Stuart

Gotcha. I hadn't looked at it in a month or so. I know that we've gotten the Character sheets done for all the other systems. Just not WereWolf. I'd forgotten about the placeholders.