PDA

View Full Version : The Arkham Census Extension

mwbay
July 17th, 2011, 14:12
If you're anything like me, you often have to create new NPCs in the middle of a session. I wrote this simple script, which I call the Arkham Census, to make it easier.

Right now, there are two commands.

/names generates five names randomly. The family names are based on the list of family names given in the Arkham Unveiled book.

https://atlantagamer.net/example1.jpg

/person randomly creates an NPC with stats. It generates a gender, name, age, occupation, characteristics as well as two descriptors to help give the character some... um... character.

https://atlantagamer.net/example2.jpg

To put this to work, just download the .ext file into your extensions folder. I think I've done this correctly, but let me know if it doesn't work and I'll try to fix it!

I'll continue to work on it, so if you have suggestions, please post them. One thing I'd like to be able to do is have this script automatically open a new Personality sheet and populate the data fields.

Michael

Blue Haven
July 17th, 2011, 19:32
Amazing ;) very cool friend :)
Thanks

Insanity
July 26th, 2011, 22:29
Coolies, thanks. Gonna give it a try.

lgozalvez
August 1st, 2011, 10:42
Awesome!

Thanks

Casimir
August 2nd, 2011, 05:53
Genius. Pure Genius. This is a tool I will use often... thanks!

Grey Hunter
January 6th, 2012, 05:55
Does this work with the current version? I tried installing it but nothing doing.

Scrub that, I hadn't activated it for the campaign when I thought I had. User error! This works great.

Merecraft
October 20th, 2012, 16:36
I love this extension, finding it really useful. I do have one request though, as I can't use it for all circumstances.

Is there any way for the generated names or characters to be output only to the keeper's screen? Currently all players can see the generated data.

Insanity
October 21st, 2012, 00:11
I love this extension, finding it really useful. I do have one request though, as I can't use it for all circumstances.

Is there any way for the generated names or characters to be output only to the keeper's screen? Currently all players can see the generated data.

I've had some players be able to generate names just by typing "/" in the chat, some bug I believe.