PDA

View Full Version : Mousewheelscrolling in Windowlist

Fenloh
July 17th, 2011, 10:49
Hi,

somehow i disabled the mousewheelscrolling in windowlists. Anyone a hint where i can find that feature?

Fenloh

Fenloh
July 17th, 2011, 10:54
Ops, it seems i did disable the mousewheelediting completly....

Fenloh

Fenloh
July 17th, 2011, 12:12
Strangly it works again after restarting, so forget about the post :)

Fenloh

Trenloe
July 17th, 2011, 13:24
Sometimes (usually after accessing other programs in windows and then going back to using Fantasy Grounds) the mouse wheel and some other functionality stops working. When this happens, try ALT-TAB out of Fantasy Grounds and then ALT-TAB back and it usually results in the functionality working again. Just "clicking" back in the window doesn't seem to activate all functionality.

gmkieran
July 17th, 2011, 13:24
just fyi, it may have been a focus issue. FG has strange focus problems with DirectX which have affected mousewheel scrolling and text entry in the past (ie if you have the screen maximized and alt-tab away, when you alt-tab back, you can't enter text until you un-maximize FG, because it doesn't reacquire focus).

Cheers!
GMK

Trenloe
July 17th, 2011, 13:25
just fyi, it may have been a focus issue. FG has strange focus problems with DirectX which have affected mousewheel scrolling and text entry in the past (ie if you have the screen maximized and alt-tab away, when you alt-tab back, you can't enter text until you un-maximize FG, because it doesn't reacquire focus).

Cheers!
GMK

SNAP! :)

Or kinda similar - I've seen the issue when not maximised and ALT-TAB out and back fixes it...

Fenloh
July 18th, 2011, 11:28
I was able to replicate the problem, but is still kind of funny.

I happen to have 2 screens. My main screen is a 1920x1080, and my secondary is 1920x1200.

When i start FG the scrolling works just fine, then i move the Window over to my secondary monitor, and the scrolling does not work there at all. I move it back and it works.

I think that, even if my prewriters probably meant another fokus Problem :), it is indeed a problem of the fokus, maybe even quite a similar one. I was able to replicate it with the newest 2.8 Versionand every ruleset.

Can anyone with 2 monitors confirm?

Fenloh

Edit: It gets even funnier. I extended FG to both screens, the scrolling works on the main screen, not on the secondary.....

Griogre
July 18th, 2011, 23:56
I use two screens of different sizes and FG works fine for me. However, there are some funny problems with some mouse drivers and dual screens in that the driver *expects* the main screen to always be the "left" screen when you expand your desktop. Check and see if this is the case.

Fenloh
July 19th, 2011, 06:26
That seems to be exactly the case. My secondardy screen is indeed to the left, not the right. I switched it to check and it worked fine. I switched it back and it didnt work anymore.

The mousewheel does work with all the other applications.

Fenloh

Moon Wizard
July 20th, 2011, 06:56
I got lucky, and stumbled upon a similar issue reported on another application with a reference to the actual issue. I'm looking into what it will take to fix.

Cheers,
JPG