PDA

View Full Version : Changing Dice

Infocalypse
July 14th, 2011, 10:11
Hello, I'm planning a mini-modification on the Pathfinder rules system, swapping from the d20 for skill and attack rolls to 2d10. What do I have to change?

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2011, 22:08
You would have to write an extension that would replace any code that contains the d20 roll for attacks and skills.

With the upcoming v2.8 release, the 3.5E ruleset was rewritten so that each roll type has it's on file. So, you would be looking at replacing manager_action_attack.lua and manager_action_skill.lua files.

Some items to consider if you move forward:
* With each new release, those original versions of those files may be updated, so you will want to review your extension with new releases.
* For attacks, you will need to figure out how to handle automatic miss (roll a 1 on d20) and critical threat (roll crit range on d20), and update the code accordingly to handle two dice instead of one.

Regards,
JPG

CB Droege
November 24th, 2013, 17:16
I'm wondering if this extension has ever been created. I'd really like to use 2d10 rolls in my campaign, but I don't know enough to create my own extension.

damned
November 24th, 2013, 23:12
changing from 1d20 to 2d10 has a massive change on the outcome of the rolls...

Rolling 20 goes from 5% to 1%
Rolling 16-20 goes from 25% to 15%
Rolling 1 goes from 5% to 0%
Rolling 5 or lower goes from 25% to 10%

As to the extension... I dont know but it is likely to be broken in a few weeks anyway if it was because FG3 is a substantial upgrade to FG2.x

CB Droege
August 6th, 2014, 18:16
Just want to check in on this again, and see if anyone has thought about a 2d10 extension. I surely can't make it myself, but if someone else is already working on it, I'd love to give it a try. Right now, the only thing my group doesn't like about FG is that it uses d20, when we'd rather be using 2d10. :)

Valarian
August 6th, 2014, 20:26
Corporation from Brutal Games uses a 2d10 roll under mechanic. Could try that game instead.