PDA

View Full Version : Where is Application Data Folder in MAC/windows7?

Carlos Luzzi
July 13th, 2011, 22:59
I can perfectly find it using Windows XP in my computer, but I would like my players to simply copy the modules and character portraits but is seems they canīt manage to find the application data folder in either mac or windows 7 operational systems.

Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Leonal
July 13th, 2011, 23:05
On Windows 7 it should be "C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds\" or similar.

You should be able to go there directly through the short cut in the Windows Start Menu.

cpbs
July 13th, 2011, 23:50
As well some operating systems, their file structure has the folder hidden by default.

RKBrumbelow
July 14th, 2011, 05:05
On a Mac it is going to depend on how you have it installed. Did you use WINE, Wine Bottler, Bootcamp, Parallels etc. If you are using a wine variant, what API set did you use. Did you install it for 1 user or all users?

Basically the files will be location of install + Windows type location. So if you installed it in your single person home directory and used a win98 bottle it would be in: ./˜username/wine/bottles/nameofbottle/cdrive/programs/ or something similar

GM_BZK
July 30th, 2011, 09:14
I'm having the same problem. Hopefully it can get worked out.

I installed FG2 on my Mac using Crossover (https://www.codeweavers.com/products/crossover/). When it asked what bottle, I selected Windows XP.

If I go to the Fantasy Grounds II folder under Crossover, it has icons for FG, FG Updater, and it does list Applications Data Folder, but the icon is a Wine Bottle. When I double-click it, it returns an error: file not found.

Any help is appreciated.

:confused:

Zeus
July 30th, 2011, 10:12
For FGII's App Data folder under a CrossOver install, try looking in the CrossOver Application Support folder in your user Library folder e.g.

Mac HD/Users/<your user name>/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/<name of the bottle FGII is installed in>/drive_c/users/crossover/Application Data/Fantasy Grounds II/

RKBrumbelow
July 30th, 2011, 10:41
If you used crossover:

1) Start crossover
2) Select the "Configure" menu and click on "Manage" this will bring up your bottle manager
3) Choose your bottle from the list provided and click "Advanced"
4) Click on "Open C: Drive in Finder"

It is worth noting a bottle can be installed anywhere, this will show you where it is. Dr. Zeus's information is for the default location of a private bottle

note when dealing with computers:
MAC (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Media_Access_Control) means Media Access Control. Every network card has a MAC address.

Mac on the other hand is a series computers built by Apple.

GM_BZK
July 30th, 2011, 20:26
Thank you. That did it! :)