PDA

View Full Version : 3.5E Theme - Pathfinder

Zeus
July 13th, 2011, 21:59
In honour of JPGs epic (and stealthy) introduction of a Pathfinder mode in the latest FGII v2.8 3.5E test release, I thought it would be nice to build (and release) a custom theme. :)

I don't often work on other rulesets but given 3.5E and 4E share many common characteristics now (from a FGII ruleset development perspective). it hasn't been too difficult transposing some of my older theme templates.*Here's what I have completed so far: desktop, main sidebar buttons (still have the smaller ones to do) and hotkey bar.

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6139/5934373923_fed7f6a593.jpg (https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6139/5934373923_f54694fa3c_o.jpg)

As I did for the 4E ruleset, I plan to mimic (as closely as I dare) Paizo's art style for PF and plan to develop similar enhancements to PC, NPC, Item and Encounter sheets to mimic PF standard stat block formats. Lots of work still to do.

DrZ.

Leonal
July 13th, 2011, 22:51
Sweet, looking good. :)

You may want to use an unmodified version of the Community Pack logo (https://paizo.com/paizo/about/communityuse/package/v5748btpy87fk) so it's fully Community Use Policy (https://paizo.com/paizo/about/communityuse) legal. (And hopefully promote FG better to the Paizo folks.^^)

Zeus
July 14th, 2011, 00:24
Thanks.

I've downloaded the community logos pack and replaced the one I was using. Thanks for the heads up.

Zeus
July 17th, 2011, 08:18
Progress update:

Making slower progress than anticipated as I am having to override quite a few of 3.5E's window definitions to get the new skin in place and looking decent. I'm not sure I favour the new folder structure for rulesets.

Desktop - complete. Cleaned up and now with updated buttons and legal PF logo.
Chatbox - simplified edge.
Mod Collector - completed.
Hot Keys - completed. Font color needs adjusting.
Campaign List Windows - complete.

Although the screenshot below doesn't show them yet, I have also built equivalents of the two fonts commonly used in the PF rulebooks. I'm referring to title text which is in the Jubilee font and the body text which is in the NexusSansOT font. As both of these fonts are commercial fonts and quite expensive I opted to make my own. I have a Jubilee equivalent complete with [a-z][A-Z][0-9][,.;:-+_"'?[]()] character support (enough for a title). For the NexusSansOT font I found the Calibri font (installed on all Windows/Mac systems) to be a very close match so I used that as the basis for the body text font.

https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6122/5945096925_9c8b7a45d3.jpg (https://farm7.static.flickr.com/6122/5945096925_ab59de48a6_o.jpg)

Leonal
July 17th, 2011, 08:47
Nice, it's very smooth looking. :)

Zeus
July 17th, 2011, 09:25
Thanks. Feel free to leave any comments or suggestions for improving the theme.

Looks like I am going to have to make some changes to the campaign windowlist windowclass definitions anyway so if there are any particular requests, now is the time to let me know. ;)

CrazyGoblinoid
July 17th, 2011, 09:46
Sweeeet! :)

madman
July 17th, 2011, 17:31
Wow, looking great can not wait to see it when it's done.

Chris

dr_venture
July 17th, 2011, 20:34
Clearly a man of many talents. I very much appreciate that you have a very elegant but non-distracting design for your UI. Provides a rich texture for the environment, but is easy to navigate through. Very classy.

Trenloe
August 21st, 2011, 08:03
Looks great! :)

Look forward to seeing it on my own desktop sometime soon... :D

Zeus
August 21st, 2011, 09:20
I have had to pause development of this skin due to the holidays. As soon as I am back I'll make it a priority to get if finished.

I was thinking of submitting this one to Smiteworks for inclusion as a standard Pathfinder theme rather than release it as a 3.5E extension. This as I am overriding a number of existing classes and it will be a pain to maintain when new 3.5E releases are made available. 4E updates keep me busy enough.

PoisonAlchemist
September 7th, 2011, 22:16
Oh pretty please get it included as standard, it's so smexy.

Zeus
September 13th, 2011, 18:16
Its not up to me ;) You will have to ask one of the Smiteworks dev team (JPG, Doug, Cody).

Moon Wizard
September 14th, 2011, 07:13
DrZ,

If you think it is ready for prime-time, I can take a look at bundling as a standard extension for 3.5E.

Thanks,
JPG

Zeus
September 14th, 2011, 09:03
DrZ,

If you think it is ready for prime-time, I can take a look at bundling as a standard extension for 3.5E.

Thanks,
JPG

Its not 100% complete, I parked it to complete some 4E projects (Fortune Cards and Skill Challenges).

4E Fortune Cards was readied last night, just working on adding Skill Challenges to Enhanced Encounters today. Hopefully will find some time over the next week to complete the 3.5E PF theme. I'll send you a copy once its ready.

Blue Haven
September 14th, 2011, 19:19
Can't wait to see this one ;)
thanks a lot friend :)

Aristotle
September 26th, 2011, 23:20
Just saw this. Awesome work DrZ. I often find myself looking at your awesome extensions for 4e and thinking "we need one of him for Pathfinder".

Love the theme so far. I'll be loading it up just as soon as it's available. :)

Randy Crockett
September 29th, 2011, 08:21
Looks great Dr. Zeuss,
Any idea when it will be complete? Really looking forward to using it with the PFS modules I am converting over for play on-line. :D
I'm new to Fantasy Grounds, but really like what I see thus far.

Roncorps
April 2nd, 2012, 21:05
Any new news DrZeuss for this awesome PF theme ?

Zeus
April 3rd, 2012, 14:56
Sorry chaps, this got placed on the On Hold pile due to other commitments. As such I haven't got around to finishing it and I am not sure I will have time in the coming weeks.

If anyone wants to pick this up from where I have left it, PM me with your email address and I will arrange to forward on the source images and skin extension.

Roncorps
April 6th, 2012, 19:38
DrZeuss, I've send you my email address via PM. Hope to work on this project !

Zeus
April 7th, 2012, 09:26
DrZeuss, I've send you my email address via PM. Hope to work on this project !

Madman, beat you to it Roncorps. I have sent him the raw PS source files and he has volunteered to complete the theme. More to come ...

If you want to collaborate with Madman (and he is happy to share the workload with you) I am more than happy for you to get involved. Suggest you PM Madman and work it out amongst yourselves.

Roncorps
April 7th, 2012, 17:40
Ok, no prob ! I think that's a better idea because I confident with my PHS skill, but not much with all the work to integrate it the perfect way into FG ! I'll give him a PM.

Thanks for the head start Zeuss, that's gonna be a great theme at the end =)

madman
April 14th, 2012, 14:19
Updated this somewhat! Take a look. All that I have left to do is the combat tracker and the token box.

Chris

Nestor
April 14th, 2012, 15:32
waiting for this

Roncorps
April 15th, 2012, 03:20
Good job madman ! I think there could be some ajustement (the darker line in all the rectangular shape goes a little too much up and under the letter/number), but beyond that it's pretty good. Maybe looking for another icon for the library entry ?

madman
April 15th, 2012, 18:40
Can you give me a clearer example of what you are referring to here?

(the darker line in all the rectangular shape goes a little too much up and under the letter/number)

It is A work in Progress! I still need to adjust the framedef and make the top and bottom thicker on the charsheet.

Chris

Blue Haven
April 15th, 2012, 21:49
Amazing work!! thank you so much :)

Zeus
April 15th, 2012, 23:52
Can you give me a clearer example of what you are referring to here?
It is A work in Progress! I still need to adjust the framedef and make the top and bottom thicker on the charsheet.

Chris
Nice work Chris, this is coming along really nicely.

I believe the reference maybe to the field frames which from the image appear to have a glass effect. I believe the reference to the darker line is referring to the shaded lower half of the field frame i.e. the shadowed edge.

Roncorps
April 15th, 2012, 23:56
Hi Chris !

There : https://img6.imageshack.us/img6/9257/pathfindertheme.jpg

Right now, it seem to be 50/50 clear vs dark. I think it should be more around 65/35.

bnason
May 7th, 2012, 02:27
Love this. Is it available for d/l? :)

madman
May 7th, 2012, 03:57
WIP, but it should be complete soon!

Chris

bnason
May 7th, 2012, 03:57
Awesome, sub'd to the thread, looking forward to the update!

Hye Roler
May 29th, 2012, 06:36
Been waiting for this for a while... looks great!!! I've subscribed to this thread. :)

zpu
June 3rd, 2012, 17:15
Oh wow that looks great, looking forward to seeing the final!

Hye Roler
July 14th, 2012, 16:03
Any update on this? Would love to use it for running PFS for Season 4.

madman
July 15th, 2012, 06:42
I was working on it just a few hours ago. another day or two!

Chris

Hye Roler
July 15th, 2012, 19:01
Cool... thanks for the work on this!

LadyBrash
August 5th, 2013, 02:09
Is there any news on this? I know I'm about a year behind, but I saw the screens and I absolutely *LOVE* this theme. Is it posted for download? Thanks!

LadyBrash
August 5th, 2013, 02:13
Nevermind. I found it!! :D

Myrmidion
October 20th, 2013, 09:34
Lots of thanks for this lovely extension. I´m using it over a year now. A few days ago I tested the beta update just to see what changed.
The problem is, that the button for the charakter selection button moved down on the sidebar. Since I´m a total noob to xml and my skills in making graphics aren´t great either, maybe you guys can help fix it? For all of us using this great extension.

Best regards and thanks in advance!
Myrmidion

Zeus
October 20th, 2013, 09:56
Cheers, I am sure Trenloe also appreciates the nice words.

3.0 introduced a new structure to rulesets so existing extensions/themes are likely to break somewhat. I am sure Trenloe will update the PF theme soon enough, if not if someone can send me the latest version (I only have the very early pre-release builds) I'd be happy to adjust it.

I'll also submit it to Smiteworks for inclusion in the base 3.5E/PF rulesets. That way it can be updated automatically during future release updates.

Myrmidion
October 20th, 2013, 10:09
Cheers, sent you a message, just in case.

Trenloe
October 20th, 2013, 11:00
Cheers, I am sure Trenloe also appreciates the nice words.
Nothing to do with me - it was Madman who continued your work. :)

I am sure Trenloe will update the PF theme soon enough, if not if someone can send me the latest version (I only have the very early pre-release builds) I'd be happy to adjust it.
It would be something that I could look at as Madman is away from the forums at the moment (has been for a while). But, I'm not really looking at anything FG 3.0 wise until after FG Con 3 - which is taking up a significant amount of my free time at the moment.

I'll also submit it to Smiteworks for inclusion in the base 3.5E/PF rulesets. That way it can be updated automatically during future release updates.
That would be really cool. Here is the latest version of the extension I have - I don't know if there was an update after this:

Zeus
October 20th, 2013, 12:48
Oops, my bad Madman.

Trenloe - thanks. I'll take a look later this week. After having been away for a while myself, I am just catching up with all the 3.0 changes. Lots to do. Back to the code cave ...

sergioaguiar
January 21st, 2015, 02:22
Is this theme avaiable for download? DId I miss any link? Just love it!

Trenloe
January 21st, 2015, 02:51
Is this theme avaiable for download? DId I miss any link? Just love it!
The link to download is at the end of post #44 above.

However, this was made for a previous versions of Fantasy Grounds, so (as it is now):

It is only available to activate for a 3.5E campaign, not a PFRPG campaign.
There are some change in Fantasy Grounds 3 with the graphics and the layout, so some graphics are out of place or using FG 3 graphics.

sergioaguiar
January 21st, 2015, 09:09
The link to download is at the end of post #44 above.

However, this was made for a previous versions of Fantasy Grounds, so (as it is now):

It is only available to activate for a 3.5E campaign, not a PFRPG campaign.
There are some change in Fantasy Grounds 3 with the graphics and the layout, so some graphics are out of place or using FG 3 graphics.

Thank you, Trenloe!

Anyon know if there is any FG3 Pathfinder theme avaiable for download?

Blackfoot
January 30th, 2015, 17:10
I tried updating this to the current version of PFRPG but there are some issues.
The Character Tab doesn't have the larger button graphics that are now used in the standard ruleset.
The Story Tab is doing some manipulation which tries to overwrite some files that no longer exist.
There's also a tweak with the tabs on the party sheet, but I think that's been an issue right along with this theme.
In order to make this theme work with the latest version it is going to take a bit more than a couple of minor updates unfortunately.

I've attached the update as far as I got with it if someone wants to finish the job.

BigDaddyLoveshack
July 11th, 2018, 09:04
So I know I'm late to the party here and all, but I have to say that out of all the Themes I've seen, this one is amazing. It's the Minis Tirith of Themes, and it's amazing.

Unfortunately, while some of the screen shots show the same ivory style pop up boxes (such as tables, story, etc.), none of the versions I have managed to secure have this feature - they all seem to default to the yellowish style. I also have only a handful of the buttons matching the theme (the others default to the banner), so I was wondering:

#1 - Is there a reason (such as an FG update) that has the pop ups not matching the style of the theme?

#2 - If someone can send me the PS files for the buttons so I can make additional ones to cover the items not currently with similar buttons (like Feats, Parcels, Spells, Skills, etc.)

Muchly appreciated folks.

Blackfoot
July 11th, 2018, 15:05
The short answer is yes to your first question. This is an old theme and FG has gone through many revisions since it's time of creation. As to question 2.. well.. that's for someone else to answer.