PDA

View Full Version : Not using FG to its full potential

Fersboo
July 11th, 2011, 16:22
I'm interested in running a campaign or two without an official ruleset, using FGII for its chat functions and dice roller and to share maps and pictures. Part of it is that I'm lazy and don't have the time nor the inclination to learn how to program, and part of it is that I want to run a flexible campaign and don't want to feel obliged to make my players do something just because I took the time to input it into the program.

How would you feel about playing in a game here on FG such as Pendragon, WFRP, D&D or Traveller, even though you were using the basic program as purchased?

Andugus
July 11th, 2011, 18:20
You may find using the free adventure module Well Met in Kith'takharos (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store/product.xcp?id=WHM-KS01P) included in the Ultimate or Full License version of Fantasy Grounds useful.

It will give you an idea of what an adventure module may contain: tokens, images, floor plans, maps, tactical maps, creatures, npc's, boxed text, etc. I suggest because this is based on the basic ruleset for OGL/3.5 that comes with Fantasy Grounds II as you seem to be interested in using.

I look forward to watching for information you provide about your experiences here.

Valarian
July 11th, 2011, 19:36
If you're running a game that doesn't have a ruleset, community or official, then there's the Generic extension for the Base ruleset. Both are available from the wiki. The generic extension basically has a character sheet that is a blank template. You fill it with text to represent the character.

Fersboo
July 11th, 2011, 19:46
If you're running a game that doesn't have a ruleset, community or official, then there's the Generic extension for the Base ruleset. Both are available from the wiki. The generic extension basically has a character sheet that is a blank template. You fill it with text to represent the character.

I hadn't realized that. I'll have to check it out.