PDA

View Full Version : [Pathfinder] Crypt of the Everflame

CrazyGoblinoid
July 11th, 2011, 12:51
I'm wanting to have a go GMing Pathfinder. I'm confident GMing in FG, however I've not GMed Pathfinder before.

Crypt of the Everflame is a short adventure for level 1 PCs and I'm looking to run Mon, Tue or Wed in the evening (UK time).

vell0611
July 11th, 2011, 14:23
Sounds good. :)

wbcreighton
July 11th, 2011, 18:39
I just finished running the Crypt of the Everflame using FG last week, and it is a pretty good adventure. The players had fun. It is a good intro to pathfinder. We are starting in on the second adventure Mask of the Living god this week.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 11th, 2011, 18:41
vell0611, was that expressing interest or a statement of fact!? :)

wbcreighton, cool, how long did it take?

wbcreighton
July 11th, 2011, 19:35
Well firstly it started as only the 3rd session I had GMed using FG. Secondly I had never played or GMed PF or any 3.5 game ( I'm a RQ and Champions guy ). Thirdly we went through about 6 or 8 players ( players dropping for a variety of reasons including the usual mysterious no shows). We did have a number of newbies to PF so there was a fair amount of looking up spells etc.

Having said all that it took a dozen sessions of roughly 3 hours each. I have switched to 4 hour sessions which I find more efficient ( due to less setup time per session). We seemed to be able to navigate one solid combat encounter per session. Because it is a dungeon crawl there are lots of combats. This also includes time for the pcs to level up and figure out what skills and feats they were going to choose. Of course we had some delayed starts for late players etc and I was unable to extend the playing session to make up for late starts.

The next adventure installment is heavy on rping so I'm interested to see how those sessions go, plus we are adding 2 new players that have never used FG before. We use skype for OOC chat and text for IC stuff.

I'd be interested to know how much your pcs generally accomplish in an average session.

hagashi
July 12th, 2011, 01:07
I'd be interested though I'm new to FG so I'd ask you to be patient with me lol

CrazyGoblinoid
July 12th, 2011, 07:09
hagashi, more than happy to have you along, the calendar entry is here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=665).

wbceighton, thanks for the info, I'll let you know how it goes!

vell0611
July 12th, 2011, 10:43
vell0611, was that expressing interest or a statement of fact!? :)

Interested in joining if you have room for me, mate. :)

CrazyGoblinoid
July 12th, 2011, 11:02
More than happy to have you along, calendar link above.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 12th, 2011, 18:35
The server is currently up if anyone wants to create a PC.

hagashi
July 12th, 2011, 20:19
Looks like I'll have to resign as Tuesday's the only day out of the three that I have class, hopefully I'll catch you the next time you host one.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 12th, 2011, 20:54
Tuesday is my preferred day, Monday and Wednesday are possible too. I've updated the calendar with a choice of 3 days, we'll go with the most popular.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 12th, 2011, 22:08
Sever is now down

CrazyGoblinoid
July 13th, 2011, 23:12
I will have the server up most of Sunday for Players to create PCs (if they wish) and download the ruleset. I may not be around much, but feel free to have a play.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 14th, 2011, 22:12
PLEASE NOTE

The calendar is now closed.

The game is over subscribed, however there is likely to be dropouts. Please vote yes or no for each day. The game will run on the day that gets the most yes votes (and weekly thereafter). If you do not vote, then sorry, but you wont be able to play.

Edit:
Monday or Wednesday is looking good at the moment.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 15th, 2011, 22:54
For those that want pregens can you please let me know Class and Race.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 16th, 2011, 23:37
Server is up and will stay up until Sunday afternoon (UK time), pregens not done yet, however feel free to download ruleset, have a play or create PCs if you wish.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 17th, 2011, 09:56
Please make sure you vote.... :)

Currently we have:
Monday 5 yes 1 no
Tuesday 5 yes 2 no
Wednesday 6 yes 1 no

So current preference is looking like Wednesday.... (however many haven't voted)

CrazyGoblinoid
July 17th, 2011, 21:17
Confirmed for Monday at 1900 (UK), server will remain up until about 0400 (UK) Monday then it will go down until about 1730 (UK).

CrazyGoblinoid
July 18th, 2011, 23:49
All non voters and no shows have been removed from the calendar. 3 players turned up and fun was had by all, looking for another 1 or 2 to fill out the party.

scytale2
July 20th, 2011, 15:00
I will potentially be able to be there on Mondays - power difficulties hindering everything at the moment.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 20th, 2011, 18:09
I would prefer stability in the Player base.... How long do you expect the outages to be occurring?

Rezzenthel
July 21st, 2011, 16:17
I can play if you're still looking for people. I have only played Pathfinder once, so bear with me. xD

On a side note, I am happy to have some free time to be on FG again. :D

CrazyGoblinoid
July 21st, 2011, 16:45
Welcome aboard. I can be around over the weekend (same time as regular session) for PC creation, otherwise PreGens are available.

Rezzenthel
July 21st, 2011, 16:55
Awesome. Just let me know what works for you, I have a pretty malleable schedule.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 21st, 2011, 20:24
Server is up for character creation and administration :)

Edit:

Server will stay up overnight, however I'll not be around.

Player list is now closed.

Rezzenthel
July 21st, 2011, 23:30
Alright, I appreciate it.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 22nd, 2011, 11:41
np :)

Server is down.

Please ensure you vote in the calendar, so I know who's turning up.

There's -possibly- a session on Sunday for the new players, see the calendar.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 22nd, 2011, 18:57
All PCs must be created before Monday's session, if you haven't done so then a PreGen will have be taken.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 22nd, 2011, 22:25
Server is up and will remain up most of Saturday.

Edit:

Server down, can get it back up later if needed?

CrazyGoblinoid
July 24th, 2011, 19:45
Server up.

Rezzenthel
July 24th, 2011, 23:09
That was a good session, especially on such short notice. Looking forward to tomorrow when everyone gets together!

CrazyGoblinoid
July 24th, 2011, 23:32
For a "random selection of FG sign ups" I'm impressed with both sessions, and looking forward to you all meeting up tomorrow. Hopefully I meet the grade too ;)

As I've mentioned to some (if not all), I'll only commit to individual modules and not an ongoing campaign, however as long as I'm having fun, I'll continue to run run follow on modules (and I'll always finish a module).

Soooo, looking forward to buying a few more modules from paizo! :)

edit:

btw I hope we all have timezones sorted out for tomorrow ;)

Gurb
July 25th, 2011, 03:42
Hello all and good day.

New PF and FG player. If my time schedule lines up, I work an early shift -8GMT so I'm usually home by late morning, I'd love to watch a session if that's alright. Would mostly want to watch a session to see how the game plays as I have not finished reading my core books yet.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 25th, 2011, 15:32
The game is closed as far as sign up is concerned, however you're welcome to sit in and watch. Sign up on the calendar and you'll find the server details.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 25th, 2011, 19:15
Server is up and we're about to start for those that still haven't logged in....

Rezzenthel
July 25th, 2011, 23:52
Another good session. Hopefully I can figure what is up with my sheet's rolls, and everything will be more pleasant from then on. xD

CrazyGoblinoid
July 26th, 2011, 00:06
Glad you enjoyed it, hopefully we'll have a full house next week. Can try and sort out your sheet prior to next session if you wish?

Rezzenthel
July 26th, 2011, 02:03
Yeah we can do that.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 27th, 2011, 06:52
I think we're getting very close. If no major issues in next day or so, I plan to push to release.
As soon as 2.8 is released we'll swap over to the new 3.5e ruleset.

I can have the server up tonight (Wednesday uk time), and some time on Sunday, prior to the next session, however is we're (hopefully) going to be swapping rulesets soon, it might not be worth spending too much time tweaking the current sheets....

Decimar
July 27th, 2011, 07:32
Hey there,

New to Fantasy Grounds but a long time RPG player and Pathfinder GM. Would you have room for me to sit in and watch a session sometime soon? :-)

Cheers

CrazyGoblinoid
July 31st, 2011, 09:25
Should be good for spectators next session.

The server is up and will remain up for most of today. Could all players log in and check their PCs have transferred across ok to 2.8.

Please note alias change in the calendar

Edit:

Server down, will try and leave it up all day tomorrow.

Server back up and will hopefully stay up until we start.