PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy grounds for netbook res?

Roohlas
July 11th, 2011, 11:56
Hello i got a netbook and i like to play p&p rpg with this one,
well its very small to use it for campaigns so i like to use it to Create characters locally to take with me into a game session.
The problem is that i use 1024x600 res and when i start the fantasygrounds i cant see the chat window and the dices properly, is there any chance to make it play right in that resolution?
Thank you!
:dead:

Valarian
July 11th, 2011, 13:29
You can, through the GM shrinking the chat box slightly. The minimum resolution for FG2 is 1024x728, but a slight modification in the ruleset can change this. There's an old thread somewhere that shows how to do this: FG2 for netbooks.

Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=70085&postcount=12

Moon Wizard
July 11th, 2011, 21:33
Also, in the upcoming v2.8 release, the 3.5E and 4E rulesets have the chat box adjusted to resize relative to the window size, instead of using a fixed size.

Regards,
JPG

Roohlas
July 12th, 2011, 20:11
Code changes are needed in both desktop_panels.xml and desktop_classes.xml. but i couldn't find any file to make changes and the 2nd solution didn't help too much :confused:

Moon Wizard
July 12th, 2011, 21:08
Which ruleset are you using?
JPG

Valarian
July 12th, 2011, 21:23
If you are using the 3.5e or 4e ruleset, you will first need to unpack the .pak file in your FG2 installation folder. There's an unpack tool somewhere on the forum. Put the unpacked ruleset in to the rulesets folder in the Application Data folder (link in the FG2 Start menu entry). The xml files you need to modify will be in the top level folder for the ruleset. With other rulesets, they will already be in the Application Data folder and you should find the xml files there.

demonsbane
July 18th, 2011, 11:56
Also, in the upcoming v2.8 release, the 3.5E and 4E rulesets have the chat box adjusted to resize relative to the window size, instead of using a fixed size.

I've seen the chatbox resize feature under the 4E ruleset (with the v2.8 test version) and . . . it's so good that personally I'd like to see it integrated in all FG2 rulesets.

I believe that that chatbox resize feature is going to be a great asset for FG2 regarding netbook users.

Oberoten
July 18th, 2011, 13:53
Done and done for both Warhammer and Ars Magica.

- Obe

Roohlas
August 5th, 2011, 14:55
OMG... i can't find an unpack tool to open the pak file, i speak for the 3,5V pak file after the 2,8v update, no unpack tool can open it :-( any sugestions?

joshuha
August 5th, 2011, 15:01
OMG... i can't find an unpack tool to open the pak file, i speak for the 3,5V pak file after the 2,8v update, no unpack tool can open it :-( any sugestions?

Just use any zip compression utility like winzip, 7zip, winrar, etc.

Zeus
August 5th, 2011, 17:04
I have noted and already reported that the update process (whilst reporting a successful update) often requires a re-update before the 3.5E.pak file can be unpacked.

So try re-updating and then as suggested use WinZIP or something to unpack.