PDA

View Full Version : Weapon OB

mPicart
July 9th, 2011, 01:21
On the Combat tab of the character sheet you can add weapons. I noticed that it doesn't automatically put the OB for it. Does it not take the value from the Weapon Category Total in the Skills tab; or is it left blank intentionally to account for other bonuses?

RKBrumbelow
July 9th, 2011, 07:53
On the Combat tab of the character sheet you can add weapons. I noticed that it doesn't automatically put the OB for it. Does it not take the value from the Weapon Category Total in the Skills tab; or is it left blank intentionally to account for other bonuses?

It is so you can fill in Magic item bonus, exotic or improved materials bonuses, things like that. Since these are not all added up by the system you need to add it in yourself. Also it does not take into account the parry split, Since that changes round to round there is not reason it should fill it in. Though I think I tend towards 30% parry on melee characters.

mPicart
July 9th, 2011, 14:10
Yikes! I forgot the OB/Parry split!
In your experience, what is the easiest way to use OB/DB that can change every round? Use Hotkey values?

RKBrumbelow
July 9th, 2011, 20:35
Yikes! I forgot the OB/Parry split!
In your experience, what is the easiest way to use OB/DB that can change every round? Use Hotkey values?

I tend to only vary my OB/ Parry per combatant so I put them in manually as I change targets. However hotkeying them at something like 100/0 (when a target must parry and cannot attack or stunned no parry), 70/30 (normal combat) and 0/100 (when you are stunned must parry) would make sense.

lachancery
September 13th, 2011, 04:40
I tend to only vary my OB/ Parry per combatant so I put them in manually as I change targets. However hotkeying them at something like 100/0 (when a target must parry and cannot attack or stunned no parry), 70/30 (normal combat) and 0/100 (when you are stunned must parry) would make sense.
Curious why you wouldn't use the Combat Tracker to manage your OB/Parry split? I've been running a few battles, and it seems to work well that way, rather than going back to the character sheet.