PDA

View Full Version : Enough Europeans around to run a 'new World of Darkness' Campaign?

Infocalypse
July 5th, 2011, 13:46
I'd love to have the campaign running from 19:00 to 23:00 o'clock CET. Just checking basic interest before I go more into details.

Valarian
July 5th, 2011, 14:19
Would be provisionally interested, but the time is too early for me. I could only do 8pm to 11pm UK time - so 9pm to 12am for you.

Fenloh
July 6th, 2011, 07:00
Hi,

@infocalypse
What country are you from?

@Valarian
I know i am a "Korinthenkacker" (German word for Nitpicker), but i think it would be 9pm to 12pm, since 12am is Midday (I really tink that 12hour time spectrum is crap anyway). Also it may well be possible that Infocalypse is using CEST, because sadly many countries still use the crappy and not needed Summer Time. then it would even be an hour later.

Fenloh, today in a nitpicking mood ;)

Leonal
July 6th, 2011, 07:08
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/12-hour_clock#Confusion_at_noon_and_midnight

;) 12 am is midnight.

Valarian
July 6th, 2011, 07:15
To be pedantic, 12am is midnight (or 00:00 in the 24 hour clock). I know, it's counter-intuitive, but that's the convention. The actual 12:00am is debatable, as it can be both 00:00 and 24:00. However, 12:01am is undisputedly am (00:01). This is why 24 hour times are clearer.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/12-hour_clock

Infocalypse
July 6th, 2011, 08:23
Hi,

@infocalypse
What country are you from?

@Valarian
I know i am a "Korinthenkacker" (German word for Nitpicker), but i think it would be 9pm to 12pm, since 12am is Midday (I really tink that 12hour time spectrum is crap anyway). Also it may well be possible that Infocalypse is using CEST, because sadly many countries still use the crappy and not needed Summer Time. then it would even be an hour later.

Fenloh, today in a nitpicking mood ;)

I'm a Korinthenkacker myself, just to answer your question. As for summer time, although I don't like the mechanism, it (un)debatably increases a society's economic productivity. So it does have its value.

viresanimi
July 6th, 2011, 08:56
I am interested.

Fenloh
July 6th, 2011, 10:46
There... a nitpicking Fenloh gets nitpicked hihi. Thanks for explanation and yes i still dont like the 12 hour system ;).
I have sent you a pm infocalypse.

Fenloh

CrazyGoblinoid
July 6th, 2011, 12:59
Never played it before, depending on days I could be interested.

Valarian
July 6th, 2011, 13:59
Well, that's four interested parties - I think. Looks like it'll be time dependent. For experience of the system, I've played and run games with the older storytelling system. Not run or played a game using the newer one yet.

DarkStar
July 6th, 2011, 15:13
I am interested, but I never played any WoD games. I see there are rulebooks at rpgnow.com, so if I were to play I can buy & read the book. Forgive my ignorance, but WoD is not a game in itself and we need a setting (Vampire, Werewolf, Mage, something else), right? Which one would that be?

viresanimi
July 6th, 2011, 16:05
You're right regarding the original world of darkness. White Wolf has gone on record for saying that the various settings were not supposed to exist side by side.

That is not the case with the newer setting however. That rulesystem is totally compatible between the different settings. Technically the newer system is also much better in my opinion. Its simpler and easier, but the settings are not as great as the original one's.

Maybe I am just nostalgic. *grins*

Personally I am all for a Vampire the Masquerade game.

Vires Animi

cerijoel
July 6th, 2011, 16:49
I'd be interested in a WoD game, of any flavour (also somewhat day dependent).

Infocalypse
July 7th, 2011, 11:19
Sorry guys, Fenloh was as kind as to introduce me to a German FG2 & TS3 online roleplaying community. As this is going to be my FG2 overture, I appreciate the option of staying on home turf in regards to language at least, as this opportunity shows up. Although I feel quite confident in my English speaking abilities, I believe it is for the benefit of the players, that the Storyteller, feels as comfy as possible with what he is doing. So I'll end this thread here, maybe I'll put an English speaking campaign up somewhen in the (not so) near future. As for now I wish you fun and all the best.
Cheers,
Infocalypse

DarkStar
July 7th, 2011, 12:36
Although I feel quite confident in my English speaking abilities, I believe it is for the benefit of the players, that the Storyteller, feels as comfy as possible with what he is doing.

I completely understand you (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14839). Too bad, I was looking forward to this game. Best luck!

Killian
July 8th, 2011, 21:41
I am looking into a new game after my others closed and not played much nWoD but very iterested and love the concepts. I am UK based and available evenings from about 7PM BST to about 11PM any day except Monday.

My favourite is Werewolf or Changeling but would be happy finding something in any system you choose.

Jon