PDA

View Full Version : Just a quick note of thanks

RKBrumbelow
July 5th, 2011, 04:37
I just wanted to drop a quick note to say thanks to the following people here for their work and introducing me to Savage Worlds:

CAPryde: Adventure writer, GM extraordinaire & fellow Texan and Historian

'Savage' Doswelk: For his foundational work and continued support, plus he lives in one of the same county I used too when I wasn't in school.

phantomwhale: For his continuing development of SW and putting up with the antics of Thorstein the Librarian in my first ever SW adventure. Plus he does it all while standing upside down!

Lastly of course: Robert E. Howard: Fellow Texan, Sportsman and Pulp Writer. - Your own demise lends me strength.

phantomwhale
July 5th, 2011, 05:27
I used to stand the right way up, just like Doswelk, I only came "down under" a few months back. Tell you what, time differences get crazy when you swap hemispheres...

Would only seem fair to say I'm standing on the shoulder of giants here though :-

SWEX was already in reasonable shape when I picked it up, it just hadn't aged well ! Much of my work to bring it back into line owes thanks to moon_wizard's 4E and Foen / StuartW's BRP rulesets. Hopefully by taking the best parts of each, I can outdo them both ;)

And community efforts on the forums and in external sites have encouraged me to keep it up - Doswelk inparticular has been a strong voice for SWEX before I even started with the unofficial patches, and has been a great help playtesting 3.1, along with Murgh Bpurn, and in helping get the wishlist in place for 3.2 and beyond.

Plus their demo games are of great help to push out SWEX and FGII to newer players (I hope). I'd do more myself, but feel compelled to spend those spare few hours coding more features ! Plus the Aussie timezone isn't very compatible with many US / UK players.

That said, I've thrown a few hundred man hours at SWEX (and Deadlands extension). So whilst I'm standing on probably thousands of man hours effort to even get here, I'll take a healthy slice of that thanks for myself too. So thanks, RK, it was a pleasure horsing about; by which I mean seriously and earnestly adventuring of course (sorry CAPryde...) with Thorstein too :)

CAPryde
July 5th, 2011, 17:49
Glad you've enjoyed the games, BK. Making sure that people have fun is always my #1 goal in running games, so I'm glad to hear that it is working for you.