PDA

View Full Version : Invisible Tokens invisible to GM

zackspacks
July 3rd, 2011, 17:48
Hi there
I have posted this problem on the Savage Worlds part of the forum, and phantomwhale says that it is not a SW issue, but an FG2 issue. Here is the post

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showpost.php?p=110603&postcount=26

In essence, as a GM on a Skeletonkey floorplan, I cannot see my own tokens once set to invisible. In the example, there were two German snipers up trees, and the PC's were near to the trees, ( so the trees were unmasked on the main floorplan ) but I wanted the German sniper tokens to be set to invisible until they were spotted / had fired.

I have searched the forum, but found nothing similar to this, and was wondering if there are any plans to alter things ?

cheers
Paul

gmkieran
July 6th, 2011, 19:29
I've never had the problem of the tokens being completely invisible. Hard to see, certainly, but I've successfully run combats with snipers who remained invisible and un-detected throughout the combat. I suppose it might be possible to alter how a token displays based on whether you're the host or a client machine, but I'm guessing it won't be easy. Perhaps the new layering functionality in v2.8 would allow a solution - a GM only layer where tokens remain invisible until revealed, but are solid for the GM?

Zeus
July 6th, 2011, 19:46
@zackspacks: I think your experiencing an unfortunate clash between the map image and the outline token style that your using in your game.

Its for this reason that I prefer to use a pog style token with an rounded gilded edge and neutral background. The neutral background (often white) helps to make the token stand out (even when made invisible) and the gilded edge helps mark a clear distinction between the edge of a token and the background of the map so its easier to spot them on textured backgrounds.

zackspacks
July 7th, 2011, 01:23
Hi guys
Thanks for the replies. :)

@gmkieran, wrt the new edition, well that would be great for me, if it works that way.

@DrZeuss - yes I see your point. I must confess I got the 'non tog' (!) idea from watching Xorne's vlogs on token making. Our group prefers the 'non tog' tokens, but a work around is for me to have a duplicate set of tokens in 'tog' for the sniper type guys, that I can simply change on the map when, or if they become visible.

Many thanks guys :D