PDA

View Full Version : Lazy Players

ulsund
July 2nd, 2011, 11:31
I just bought the FG2, and am starting to put together an adventure for me and my 3 fellow players. The thing is that Im not sure that the players will put in the needed effort to build their characters into FG2, since they are not very familiar with the rules for 4E DnD. My question is this: can I, as the host, make the characters for them on my computer, and will they be able to use these characters on their computers and licences?

Sorcerer
July 2nd, 2011, 11:52
I could sound off at your "lazy players", who just turn up and expect you to have done everything...but to answer your question.

yes if you make the characters, they will see them when they log in and can select the one they want.

This however only works if you create them Within the Campaign itself (in the character selection window).
If you create them in "Local Mode" (i.e. the manage characters section) then they will not be visible to the players.

ulsund
July 2nd, 2011, 12:39
Thank you!

Another similar question. I have not been able to make library modules yet (having some technical difficulties), so entering all the information on each character (especially the powers, encounter powers, dailies and so on), does take som time. And they need to be updated when leveling and rewritten if I start a new adventure. Does anyone have experience with the GM/DM just making and sharing the adventure in the FG2, and the players just using their paper character sheets at the side and just rolling the dice on the FG2? Is this a feasible (yet more simplistic) way of playing 4E on FG2?

Nestor
July 2nd, 2011, 14:03
This is what i have done.

I created two campaigns, one of witch i will use to host other players, the other I create adventure modules, and run tests on.

This will keep you from having to set up a whole new campaign for each adventure.

Create adventure modules and export them then you would open them like a library module, you need to restrict access to the module for your players.

One of the tutorials goes through it step by step. If you get stumped, then try the chatroom, generally there are some knowledgeable people there.

ulsund
July 2nd, 2011, 14:48
Thanks again. This is a great forum - quick and excellent replies:)!