PDA

View Full Version : [Savage Worlds]Darwin's World

CrazyGoblinoid
June 29th, 2011, 21:03
In the distant northeast reaches of the Far Desert, legends among the shattered tribes of natives speak of a mythical place, “Skeleton Base”, somewhere among the tangerine sands, perhaps still naked to the burning crimson sky after all these years. Once a storage place of magical weapons for the armies of the Ancients, it is said that in their final years they conjured a great metal-skinned “demon” to guard the base for all eternity, only to surrender its vigil should they ever return. Persistent tales over the generations have spoken of the base, of chance discoveries, and unerringly similar descriptions of the great centauroid demon that still guards the gates to this base – a base surrounded by the picked-clean bones of those who have fallen to the entity that watches over this sacred place of the Ancients.

- From “Bixby’s World Almanac”, a post-Fall survival guide published in the Free City of Styx

Morbius
June 29th, 2011, 22:52
post apocalyptic world. mutants...i'm in! game looks like a lot of fun.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 2nd, 2011, 11:12
Cool, what times are good for you?

Morbius
July 2nd, 2011, 13:39
i am free and clear tuesday and thursdays, though other times can be worked out

CrazyGoblinoid
July 2nd, 2011, 13:56
Tuesdays sounds good, evening in the UK is good for me.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 4th, 2011, 19:58
Preview pdf here (https://watermark.rpgnow.com/pdf_previews/88027-sample.pdf).

nethru
July 4th, 2011, 21:09
I'm definitively interested.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 4th, 2011, 21:27
Hi nethru, what, days/times are good for you?

nethru
July 4th, 2011, 23:37
Most week nights except Wed/Fri.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 5th, 2011, 07:00
So Tuesday evening (UK time) is looking good?

Calendar entry here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=662).

WhiskeyJack
July 5th, 2011, 10:46
Wouldn't mind jumping in on this.
New to FG2, just purchased it over the weekend and looking to run my own games with a few friends at a later date. So I figure what better why to learn stuff than jump into a game. Not overly familiar with the setting but do have the Savage Worlds core book so know the rule system.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 5th, 2011, 18:05
Glad to have you.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 5th, 2011, 23:20
Morbius and nethru, please indicate in the thread or on the calendar times that you can make.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 7th, 2011, 07:00
Fortnightly Saturdays have been suggested in the calendar, thoughts?

Morbius
July 7th, 2011, 15:34
sounds good, let's play!

CrazyGoblinoid
July 7th, 2011, 16:53
Calendar updated. Looking like it's going to be a fortnightly Saturday game

Ebeny
July 8th, 2011, 01:30
If it's a Saturday game I would be very interested in playing. Is there a game happening this weekend? That is assuming you're still taking people. I'm new to Savage worlds, but I did a read through and it doesn't seem that hard to pick up.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 8th, 2011, 06:41
Yes it's looking like a Saturday, Yes still talking :) Only Morbius has stated a preference so far - next Saturday.

If everyone can vote on the calendar it should firm things up.

Savage Worlds is fairly quick to pick up, that's one of the reasons I like it!

CrazyGoblinoid
July 9th, 2011, 14:29
Server will be up at 1900 (UK time) today for ruleset download and FG/SW/DW familiarisation.

Takagi
July 11th, 2011, 02:20
Just wanted to say I think this is a really cool setting and if there is ever some flex in the times and such I would love to get involved. I work the over nights east coast so my normal operating time is 3pm est to 6:30 est all days of the week I am available. Take care and good luck on your adventures.

Chris

CrazyGoblinoid
July 13th, 2011, 14:57
With 7 players signed up I've now closed the calendar. I'm around tonight (UK time) for character creation if anyone's interested, please post in the calendar.

Takagi, I'll not be able to do at a different time on Saturdays, sorry.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 13th, 2011, 20:28
Server is up for ruleset download and PC creation.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 13th, 2011, 21:24
Sooo, I've had the server up on two occasions where Players have said they will connect for ruleset download/familiarisation/PC creation, and on both occasions no-one showed.... It's not boding well for saturday :s

server down

vell0611
July 13th, 2011, 22:02
More because of people not constantly checking FG forums and when they do, the server has already been taken down. :(

CrazyGoblinoid
July 13th, 2011, 22:12
More because of people not constantly checking FG forums and when they do, the server has already been taken down. :(
Players had specifically said they were going to show and didn't, I don't think you need to constantly check once you have agreed to a time?

PM me if you want it back up (in the next hour)

Edit:

You're not even down on the calendar for this one :confused:

WhiskeyJack
July 13th, 2011, 22:20
I was on at 8 and tried to connect numerous times but kept getting script errors. I posted a note in the Calander chat to state that I couldn't connect. Was the server up at 8 or did it only go up at 8:30 when you posted in the forum

CrazyGoblinoid
July 13th, 2011, 22:27
Hmm, there's no note on the calendar from you and I never had you showing as connected in FG, what were the script errors?

I was keeping an eye on the forums, PMs and calendar throughout the time, but never saw anything.

PM me if you want to try again (in the next 45 mins)

WhiskeyJack
July 13th, 2011, 22:31
Yeah just looked there, no note. Strange. Had trouble since setting up port forwarding etc. I'll try to connect again and maybe we can get to the bottom of the problem

CrazyGoblinoid
July 13th, 2011, 22:33
Server is now up (note that there is now a password, found in the calendar)

btw you shouldn't need to port forward to join a game, only to host

WhiskeyJack
July 13th, 2011, 22:47
God dammit. Can't connect, never thought I'd need an IT degree to use this software. When I ammend my local area connection to allow port 1802 I recive the following script error [string "scripts/LauncherProperties. lua"] 200 bad argument #1 to 'startClient' (string expected, got boolean) ????
When I try to connect with my default settings I just get the cant connect message!

CrazyGoblinoid
July 13th, 2011, 22:49
I've removed the password, try again, i'll also pm my IP to you. I'll also go to FG chat for the next 30 mins

vell0611
July 13th, 2011, 23:51
Edit:

You're not even down on the calendar for this one :confused:

Sorry mate, it seems so. Though it usually is the key.

Magnatude
July 14th, 2011, 02:25
God dammit. Can't connect, never thought I'd need an IT degree to use this software. When I ammend my local area connection to allow port 1802 I recive the following script error [string "scripts/LauncherProperties. lua"] 200 bad argument #1 to 'startClient' (string expected, got boolean) ????
When I try to connect with my default settings I just get the cant connect message!

Do you get this when you fill in the "create a new campaign" and run the TEST button? (it indicates SUCCESS or FAILURE)

If you dont get that running the test it might be something else.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 14th, 2011, 06:24
I was getting "success" and WhiskeyJack ended up connecting fine with the IP address. There shouldn't be a pass word now.

CrazyGoblinoid
July 14th, 2011, 06:25
I will leave the server up for now.

Edit:

It looks like there might still have been a password, although not the original. It should now be removed and I've connected to myself without it.

Edit 2:

Just realised I can't leave it up today, until around 2000 (UK time)

CrazyGoblinoid
July 14th, 2011, 20:25
The server is up and will remain up for at least 12 hours. Please note new IP address in the calendar.

Edit
Server down

CrazyGoblinoid
July 16th, 2011, 07:57
Server is up and will remain up until start time. It may occasionally go down when I reload modules.

ImaTarget
August 8th, 2011, 20:01
Hello all,

is this still running and has spaces open? I am interested.

CrazyGoblinoid
August 10th, 2011, 23:31
This adventure seems to be dying, and to be honest it wasn't my preferred day, so I think I will let it die... :(