PDA

View Full Version : Token Issue from a backup

Galeric
June 29th, 2011, 05:51
OK, bare with me here...

Recently i was forced to wipe my system because of hardware upgrades blah blah blah, and i did a manual backup of the whole directory tree having to with the campaign i am running. I also did an export of it into a module just in case. I do not use the module i made, i have checked if they can see the tokens and its the same issue.

The problem is, ever since i did this, no one can see any tokens that are not associated with an NPC sheet. If i have placed a Token on an NPC they can see the token no problem. But if i pull a token from the token chest and place it on a map they are not able to see them. This is also the case with purchased Token sets from this website with an installer...

Recently i purchased the DK Tokens, and they are not able to view any of the tokens. They are not in the module format so they are placed in the

FGII > Tokens > Shared > Custom Tokens

Now is this the wrong place to put them? i think not because they can see some of the tokens that are placed in that area, but not all of them. So if they are indeed in the correct area i have another question ....

Are they downloaded on demand? or are they something that is streamed over time?

This is frustrating, because i have all these nice tokens, and no one can see them. I have copies of the tokens in every token folder i can find and still no joy.

Another thing is the cache...Ever since i disrupted the pristine system i had going, every session i have to rebuild the mask on the map. If someone disconnects, i have to rebuild the mask, every single time. Deleting the cache folder is a bogus fix, and only a work around, so why is the software not updating the cache correctly?

XOXO

Moon Wizard
June 29th, 2011, 07:31
* What version and ruleset are you running?
* Which modules do you have installed?
* Are you running any extensions?

Tokens
I'm not sure why the tokens would not be visible. Since the tokens are not cached in v2.7.x, then they should get sent whenever the client has the right to view them.

The client only has the right to view tokens located in the <FG Data Folder>/tokens/shared directory, and any that are used in token controls or image controls shared with the user.

Tokens are loaded from 4 different locations:
* <FG Data Folder>/tokens/host,
* <FG Data Folder>/tokens/shared,
* <FG Data Folder>/rulesets/<ruleset>/tokens,
* Module tokens (tokens subfolder within module archive)

Masks
The masks are a different story. By default, the client will receive the current image information on login, including whether a mask is used. If a mask is defined, then the client will request the mask image.

Regards,
JPG

Galeric
June 29th, 2011, 22:08
* What version and ruleset are you running?
* Which modules do you have installed?
* Are you running any extensions?

2.7.6 and C&C set 2.1
For the C&C rule set, only purchased library modules, along with some tokens purchased from your store.
Extension 2.081 for C&C

Tokens
I'm not sure why the tokens would not be visible. Since the tokens are not cached in v2.7.x, then they should get sent whenever the client has the right to view them.

The client only has the right to view tokens located in the <FG Data Folder>/tokens/shared directory, and any that are used in token controls or image controls shared with the user.

Tokens are loaded from 4 different locations:
* <FG Data Folder>/tokens/host,
* <FG Data Folder>/tokens/shared,
* <FG Data Folder>/rulesets/<ruleset>/tokens,
* Module tokens (tokens subfolder within module archive)

Right i understand where they go, and it should be working, however it is not and i do not understand it. All they are is image files so this should flow easy enough.

I have gone through every single option and enabled them just to see if it would fix them, still no joy. All i did was make a subfolder under "shared", this should work, i do not get it at all. The only way i can get Tokens to appear is if they are associated with an NPC or PC on the record sheets themselves, otherwise they will not see the tokens at all.

Is there a way to inject an xml call into the moduledb folder to see if it will work? Not even the installed token modules show up for the players, kinda frustrating.

Masks
The masks are a different story. By default, the client will receive the current image information on login, including whether a mask is used. If a mask is defined, then the client will request the mask image.

Ok, so its calling an image file then... and as you can see in the post above i am having issues with sending images, however, maps, critter pictures, anything within the image folder is showing properly, but something outside the image folder does not seem to be loading.

I did experience a problem like this once when i was playing as a client in a 4E game, no matter what we did, we could not get the mask to load properly unless the GM redid the mask. It does not seem to be calling from the cache but only live active images. If for any reason a person disconnects, the image file has to be redone.

is 2.8 handling anything differently that could be a remedy for any of this ?

XOXO

Moon Wizard
July 1st, 2011, 09:40
Apologies for the delay getting back to you. Been heads down working on v2.8.

I want to try and recreate the issue locally on my machines. Any chance you could ZIP up your campaign directory and e-mail to me at [email protected]?

If you can't send, I can try to recreate using the same ruleset, modules and tokens. Which modules and token packs are you using?

A couple questions as well:
* What is the full directory path where you stuck your tokens?
* What OS are you running?

I'm not sure if v2.8 would address. It is slightly better about synching images and tokens, but I'm not sure what the problem is.

Regards,
JPG

Galeric
July 1st, 2011, 21:13
I have discovered it is not just that campaign, i tried starting a new one and its happening from that campaign as well.

Sending you the info as I type this.

Dir path ...

C:\Users\Galeric\AppData\Roaming\Fantasy Grounds II\tokens\shared\DK Tokens
Win 7

Module listing: -
Arms and Armor
Counter Collection - paragon
Counter Collection - Heroes
Deities of the highlands
Dispsoable Hero pack
epic 1 hires
Heroic 2 hires
Iron horse collection
Letter Tokens
Monsters and treasure
Monsters of Aihrde
Players handbook
The black Libram

Galeric
July 3rd, 2011, 05:12
I solved this issue.

Trenloe
July 5th, 2011, 04:29
I solved this issue.

What did you do to solve it?

It helps to let other community members know in case someone else has a similar issue... :)

Galeric
July 5th, 2011, 17:10
I wrote a script that force loaded the tokens to the clients. Worked wonders. Next is a cache utility for FG.

gmkieran
July 6th, 2011, 18:48
Out of curiosity, Galeric, before you wrote your script did you try the built-in functionality for force-loading modules to client machines? Now that tokens are modular, rather than separate entities, it might have worked. What will the cache utility do?