PDA

View Full Version : Mapping Suggestion

Iceman
June 29th, 2011, 03:42
I have been using the print versions of 0one Games maps for some time and have started to stock up on their PDFs. They have some of the most detailed maps out there and it lets me concentrate on the story and easily insert the appropriate map.

The thing with 0one, though, is that their maps often piece together into HUGE maps, like The Great Citadel and others. So my thought for FG is that if there was a simple 'click to link' icon one could easily go from the upper left quadrant to an adjacent quadrant and continue. The DM would just have to tell FG how the maps link. After being told about the pushpins that can be put on maps that method works as well - however if it wasnt too difficult to add to a future version then the GM could specify a default map size and then essentially scroll forever, with the program simply switching to the new connected map when the view moved that way.

Also I think there should be an option that the GM can turn on to allow players to scroll over known territory. Currently they can scroll but the map pops back to the GM view when they release their mouse.

Moon Wizard
June 29th, 2011, 06:03
I'd like to eventually do something where GMs can essentially expand their maps and add tiles. Of course, something like that will take a large overhaul of the image subsystem.

Regards,
JPG