PDA

View Full Version : Alternate line shading in tables

Olodrin
June 28th, 2011, 23:51
Hey all,

Bit of an underpowered question for this august assemblage, but I've been driving myself nuts trying to get alternate rows in a table to be shaded.

The table itself fine, i just need some help on the shading.

Thanks!

Zeus
June 29th, 2011, 00:10
If your referring to a table as in a <table> within a formatted text field, then no you cannot shade the rows. Formattedtextfields only support a handful of formatting features including bold, italic, header, list, referencelink paragraph formats.

Olodrin
June 29th, 2011, 00:21
Well, poop.

StuartW
June 29th, 2011, 06:29
As the good doctor says. The shading effect is available, however, if you use windowlists (xml/lua coding) instead of <table> tags, although I wouldn't suggest it as your first delve into FG programming, and it isn't easy to make such lists generic (you need to create custom code for each type of table).

Olodrin
June 30th, 2011, 23:45
Interesting. Maybe you all can help me figure out what would be the best approach.

A little context: my group is exclusively 4e, and we've been disappointed by the whole skill challenge thing. However, we're all big fans of the Dramatic Conflict system from SpyCraft 2.0, so as a preliminary we've been working on the math and process for porting that over to 4e.

In addition to being exclusively 4e, we're also exclusively online, so a strong translation into 4e on FG2 is essential.

Full disclosure, I have very limited experience with html, and none at all with xml, though I have used Tenian's parser a great deal.

I've attached the table to this point (slotted it into the ritual category using Tenian's parser).

Any thoughts or suggestions would be welcome.