PDA

View Full Version : Non-specific saving throws possible?

DNH
June 27th, 2011, 11:14
I use a morale system for speeding up combat encounters (as described here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?p=110439)) that requires a potentially-affected NPC to make an immediate saving throw. I can make an impromptu saving throw easily enough but if the NPC has an existing effect on it, the roll I make is assumed to be a saving throw against that effect. If the throw is high enough, the effect is removed.

Is it possible to make a non-specific saving throw?

I have a couple of workarounds, if not - one is to turn off the option that removes effects on a successful save, the other is to simply pick up a d20 and roll it - but I would prefer to leave the option on and to make an actual saving throw for the NPC.

Any thoughts?

Zeus
June 27th, 2011, 17:45
I can make an impromptu saving throw easily enough but if the NPC has an existing effect on it, the roll I make is assumed to be a saving throw against that effect. If the throw is high enough, the effect is removed.

This is only true if it's the NPC's turn in the CT. Otherwise you should be able to make generic saving throws directly from the NPC's sheet without it removing effects in place on a successful roll.

Try clicking a save roll from the source NPC sheet (not the one accessible from the CT entry but one from the Personalities window), that should work.