PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder?

Emrak
June 27th, 2011, 00:28
n00b here. What steps do I need to take to run a Pathfinder game using Fantasy Grounds?

Step 1:
Step 2:
etc...?

Thanks!

Leonal
June 27th, 2011, 02:08
Hi,

See this thread here (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14875). It should cover everything.

Emrak
June 27th, 2011, 02:16
Thanks for this...but I just tried it with a fresh install of Full FG2 on Windows 7 and it doesn't work? Or let me rephrase, in the "Create New Campaign" area, I can see and select d20_JPG but there's nothing in the extensions box.

Leonal
June 27th, 2011, 02:21
Did you put the Pathfinder Extension v8.3 in your extensions folder?

Emrak
June 27th, 2011, 02:29
Yup.

File "File-PathfinderVer8.3.ext" is chillin where it's supposed to be...

EDIT: Just tried restarting my PC hahaha. Still no go. Tried removing the "File-" part from the filename. Still no go?

EDIT part deux: The version of FG2 I'm running is v.2.7.6 if it's helpful... :-/

Leonal
June 27th, 2011, 02:38
Hmm, that is odd. I've not encountered that before.

Make sure the d20_JPG folder in your rulesets folder is named exactly d20_JPG and nothing else..

Also try opening the PF extension with WinRar (or rename it to .zip and unpack it) and open the extension.xml file to double check that it says:
<ruleset>
<name>d20_JPG</name>
</ruleset>

Other than that I'm not sure. Try re-downloading the extension and delete the one you have.

Emrak
June 27th, 2011, 02:52
Winrar wouldn't open it, so I tried renaming the extension to .zip and opening it that way. It gave an error saying "the archive is in an unknown format or damaged" which was about that time I noticed the file size was "0 kb" and said Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Went back to the extension link and re-downloaded the PathfinderVer8.3.ext file (this time without the "File-" part of the filename) and now I can see the extension in FG2. Life is good.

Thanks for all the help! Something you might want to include in the other GUIDE post is unique character sheets (if they're available). I have a creeping sensation there are some homebrewed ones floating around out there.

Leonal
June 27th, 2011, 02:59
Ah, glad it worked out. :)

I'm not sure what you mean by unique character sheets. Do you mean different themes that change the graphics?

Emrak
June 27th, 2011, 03:03
Do you mean different themes that change the graphics?
---------------------

Yup!

Leonal
June 27th, 2011, 03:05
I see, but that's not related to Pathfinder IMO. :) Themes generally change the design of a full ruleset independent of the PF extension.

Emrak
June 27th, 2011, 03:08
I see, but that's not related to Pathfinder IMO. :) Themes generally change the design of a full ruleset independent of the PF extension.

Aaaah, gotcha. Thanks for the help!

Emrak
June 27th, 2011, 03:39
On an unrelated note, since I have your ear (or eyes as the case may be)...is there any timeline on when the updated 3.5E ruleset is coming out?

Just digging around on the forums and keep coming across references to it like it's Bigfoot. Many claim to have seen it...

Leonal
June 27th, 2011, 04:28
I saw JPG/Moon_wizard write he hoped to have it out in August, barring any unforeseen speedbumps.