PDA

View Full Version : Module Creation, and a question

Casimir
June 25th, 2011, 21:09
I'm working on a Scenario for my upcoming CoC game, and I have a question that - once I started thinking about it - has me somewhat worried... lol.

I have most of the notes and design already set and done, and have put about half the Scenario into FGII so far. However, I realized that I need to redo (or at least add to) one of the maps I created earlier.

Now - does FGII actually save everything I've done when it saves the campaign - or will I lose everything I've type and cut/pasted if I close FGII until I actually export the module?

Sorcerer
June 25th, 2011, 21:47
you can safely exit FG without losing anything.

Module creation is only necessary for sharing data. you do not have to do it to use the application.
Many people make modules of every adventure purely to keep the clutter of the campaign to a minimum, using it only for characters and campaign maps.

everything you have entered so far is saved in the DB.xml file located in the campaign folder. Your images can be removed and edited without effecting the campaign. These can even be removed or added to on the fly, whilst FG is running - you will see the updated files as soon as they are added to the images folder.

FG makes auto saves every so often, but you can also force it to save (if you are worried about loss of data from a crash) by typing /save into the chat window.

Casimir
June 26th, 2011, 00:26
Great - thanks for the info.