PDA

View Full Version : Loss of functionality - d20_JPG - A prayer for help!

Iceman
June 24th, 2011, 18:35
Bless me developers for I have sinned.

Without warning my d20_JPG game stopped applying HITS and MISSES. More fundamentally I cannot select a player character on the map and the characters cannot select my baddies, so the game doesnt know who is being attacked.

I drag the character portrait to the combat tracker and then drag the miniature from the CT to the map. My baddies are in the Encounter section, so I drag them from there to CT and then CT to map. The only difference that I note is that my baddies used to automatically be RED on the CT and my PCs green. The PCs still go to green automatically but my baddies come in as yellow and I have to change them to red.

Otherwise the only thing I have noted since the last time - when it worked perfectly - is that I got a couple script errors when double or triple clicking on a portrait to a logged in PC. I went so far as to exit FG, reboot my PC and restart after such error, but while I didnt get the script error any longer I still could not select a PC to target.

Any idea what is going on and how to fix?

Moon Wizard
June 25th, 2011, 00:16
Usually, a ruleset won't just break. There usually is some change that triggers the issue.

* Did you modify something in the ruleset?
* Are you using any extensions?
* What version are you running?
* Did you update to test version and then back to release version? If so, did you convert your campaign?

Regards,
JPG

Iceman
June 25th, 2011, 12:35
I dont yet know how to modify rulesets, so no.
I did not update to test and back, though since the break I have redownloaded the ruleset to no avail.
I am running 2.76 Ultimate and I really thought I was running an extension...dungeon something or other, but I just fired it up and it says no extensions.

Iceman
June 25th, 2011, 12:43
btw I have by no means ruled out user error. I cant figure out why the monsters show up as yellow now instead of red by default, so it is possible I am still doing something wrong. Nevertheless one of my players who DMs said this had happened to him once as well.

Iceman
June 25th, 2011, 13:02
Well I was going to attach a couple pics but I guess you can only link to ones already on the web. Anyway I made a test campaign and dropped two monsters in, both of which came in red. I changed one to red, rolled init and tried to have them beat on each other. Once the to hit roll is done I can drag it onto the combat tracker and it says whether it is a hit or miss. However, try as I might neither monster can click, CNTRL click or, in any way I can figure out, select the other monster to let the program know who he is attacking.

So my best guess is that it is related to my lack of ability to select another creature for whatever reason - though my players, when connected, cannot select my monsters either.

Iceman
June 25th, 2011, 13:04
It would really help if you would just PLAY in my campaign and give us all your knowledge and wisdom............

P.P.P.S. That was kind of tongue in cheek but you really would be more than welcome! :D

Sorcerer
June 25th, 2011, 13:09
The colour of the faction assigned when a NPC/monster is dropped in the Combat tracker is based on the creatures alignment.
Red = Evil
Yellow = Neutral
Green = Good

all PC's are green on drop

but of course you can change the factions manually.

when you say you no longer get hit or miss, are the dice still being rolled or not.

d20_jpg ruleset can only target creatures by dropping on the tokens and not through double click actions, so double clicking will never give a hit or miss result.

if you are dropping on the token (or CT entry), but the dice does not roll then the option "allow attack drops" has been disabled in the options/combat window.

if you are token dropping and the dice rolls, but there is no hot or miss, then I am at a loss as to how to help - over to MW

If you want to link pictures then click "go advance" and then click "manage attachments" there you can browse your computer to select the files you want to upload.

Leonal
June 25th, 2011, 13:10
btw I have by no means ruled out user error. I cant figure out why the monsters show up as yellow now instead of red by default, so it is possible I am still doing something wrong. Nevertheless one of my players who DMs said this had happened to him once as well.

Monsters who do not have evil in their alignment will default to yellow. (edit: ninjaed by Sorcerer)

Well I was going to attach a couple pics but I guess you can only link to ones already on the web.

You can upload attachments here, just click 'Go advanced' first, when replying and and then 'manage attachments'. (edit: also ninjaed :P)

Moon Wizard
June 25th, 2011, 19:07
I think Sorcerer's answers are the best way to check. My memory of what was implemented in d20_JPG is fuzzy, since it has been a few years.

Regards,
JPG