PDA

View Full Version : Adding/Removing Skill Ranks

Kanuvina
June 23rd, 2011, 17:02
Heya guys, question:

Are any of you having an issue adding, removing, or lowering skill ranks manually on character sheets?

There seems to be a glitch where I can do this adjustment directly 2-3 times, then the skills just freeze. I have tried this as a DM on my own game, as a player in my friend's game, and offline on the character builder. This has been an issue in all 3.

I have tried various things, from doing direct adjustment and the other option; I am running as Administrator, and I've made certain that I'm fully patched. My friend also tried and had this problem. I also made new character sheets and tried this on my players' sheets (luckily I didn't mess up their ranks!)

Also, it should be noted that this issue just popped up today. I ran a game on Sunday and had no problems.

Any advice and suggestions would be much appreciated, though I think this is a bug from the latest patch or something.

Thanks! :)

Moon Wizard
June 23rd, 2011, 19:57
Kanuvina,

The update to the release version during the last couple weeks was a phantom update, no changes. However, I have been updating the test version every week or two.

Are you running the release version (2.7.6) or the test version (2.8)?
Also, which ruleset are you using?

In v2.8, the provided 3.5E ruleset removes a lot of the skill page complexity. You will always enter the ranks directly (whether full or half), and the page will not try to determine half ranks automatically.

Cheers,
JPG

Kanuvina
June 23rd, 2011, 20:09
I'm running the release version, and our games are 3.5E ruleset.

Would you recommend installing the test version and running that, then?

Moon Wizard
June 24th, 2011, 01:37
It depends on you and your group. There might be some hiccups running the test version, so your group should be willing to deal with some things that might not work quite right or errors popping up. Also, you always want to make a backup of your campaign before updating to the test version.

You can always back up your campaign, update to the Test version, play around with it, and decide for yourself. If you then decide to go back, you can update back to the Release version and restore your campaign.

The Test Mode tool is on the Downloads page; and the campaign data is located in the FG2 Application Data Folder (available through Start menu) under the campaigns directory. Just copy and rename your campaign folder.

If you do decide to test, please post any issues or feedback in the Laboratory forum.

Cheers,
JPG