PDA

View Full Version : Maximum connections?

Casimir
June 23rd, 2011, 02:11
Ok, this is going to sound like somewhat of a dumb question - but since I can't find the definite answer in a search I've performed on the forums over the last few minutes, here goes.

Is there a set MAXIMUM number of clients that an FGII GM can have connect to their session at any one time? I have the Ultimate license... so I'm trying to get a feel for how many people I can have connect and play realistically.

Leonal
June 23rd, 2011, 02:25
I think bandwidth is the only limiting factor.

Moon Wizard
June 23rd, 2011, 02:54
I've heard of 10-12 players in a single game. I think the inherent delays in adding more people to any RPG game are the limiting factor. There are no hard-coded limits on the number of connections in the Ultimate or Full versions.

Cheers,
JPG

Casimir
June 23rd, 2011, 05:12
Ok - great, thanks for the info!

Doswelk
June 23rd, 2011, 10:46
I've heard of 10-12 players in a single game. I think the inherent delays in adding more people to any RPG game are the limiting factor. There are no hard-coded limits on the number of connections in the Ultimate or Full versions.

Cheers,
JPG

Here's some proof (https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1616&d=1284233170) :D

As Moon_Wizard says the real limit that day was the long wait for each player between actions in combat. FGII itself coped without issue.

The screen shot was an international game I think we had three continents (USA/Europe/Australia) that day!

drahkar
June 23rd, 2011, 12:58
Very nice DW. :)

Casimir
June 23rd, 2011, 19:13
Wow... lol. That's quite the party there Doswelk.

Ok, great - thanks a lot for all the info everyone.