PDA

View Full Version : Test Release 2.8 (Part 3)

Moon Wizard
June 23rd, 2011, 01:10
As always, please make a backup of your campaign before opening with a test release.

Last update: June 22, 2011

Thanks again to the whole community for helping me get the new version tested before release. Given our limited resources, this helps us get the best application out the door.

Please see the sticky thread on public testing if you want to be involved. Only the Test mode slot contains this version. I will update this thread as I release new iterations of the test version.

Due to all the great feedback, I will be creating multiple threads as needed to handle the volume.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
June 23rd, 2011, 01:11
Lite and Unregistered versions can host demo campaigns.
Network optimizations, including token and portrait caching.
When connection is lost, FG will attempt to reconnect to session for one minute. Any game data sent while disconnected will not be shared.
Temporary files are cleaned up between sessions.
Ultimate and Full versions can create and load campaigns when not connected to the Internet.
Unregistered and lite versions can manage local characters with any installed ruleset. (if supported by ruleset)
Client hot keys are saved as separate file in campaign cache folder.
Idle timer increased to 2 minutes, up from 1 minute.
Improvements to window list drawing speed.
Better auto scrolling for nested windows and lists.
Left click on chat window will set focus to chat entry box.
Chat entry will not clear on mouse drag unless drag ends outside of box.
Grave key is no longer hard-coded to issue stop/prompt messages in chat window. Use the radial menu instead.
Clicking 4th mouse button in token bags will go up one level.
When using radial menu to apply formatting to formattedtextcontrol, focus is maintained.
Modules will only create their own category tab, if no mergeid defined and tab names not already defined.
Clients could sometimes edit database entries they should not, and changes would be incorrectly propagated to host. Fixed.
Fields using frames smaller than the size of the field will now tile the edges correctly.
Assign speaker menu item was not visually updating. Fixed.
Deleting empty lines in formattedtextcontrols could crash client. Fixed.
Random impulse was not being added to dice rolls correctly. Fixed.
First die roll using double-click rolling method would sometimes hang or fail. Fixed.
Network race condition on delete when window shared with client identified. Fixed.
Module categories and data entries would sometimes not appear, if primary campaign did not have records of same type. Fixed.
[LAUNCHER] UPnP port forwarding enabled for Connection Test.
[LAUNCHER] Allows hosting when not connected to network.
[LAUNCHER] Required fields highlighted in red.
[LAUNCHER] Host user name defaults to "GM".
[3.5E] Updated theme and sheet layouts.
[3.5E] Client access to shared story, image and item entries.
[3.5E] Full effects system added. See manual for details.
[3.5E] /importchar and /exportchar commands added. See manual for details.
[3.5E] Spell points support (i.e. psionics).
[3.5E] Temporary and nonlethal hit point support.
[3.5E] Chat window relative to FG window size.
[3.5E] Search boxes added to every reference list.
[3.5E] Indication of editable and rollable fields on character sheet.
[3.5E] Support for more than 3 character classes.
[3.5E] Drag and drop items to inventory.
[3.5E] Enhanced PC spell casting.
[3.5E] Targeting for double-click and drag-and-drop rolls improved.
[3.5E] Image viewpoint remembered between sessions.
[3.5E] Image toolbar added.
[3.5E] NPC visibility options in CT.
[3.5E] Encounter placement of tokens.
[3.5E] Lighting and reply slash commands added.
[3.5E] Kick option added to connected character list for GMs.
[3.5E] AFK feature added.
[3.5E] Weapons, armor and equipment details added to modules.
[4E] /importchar and /exportchar commands added. See manual for details.
[4E] Encounter placement of tokens.
[4E] Added confirmations to radial delete.
[4E] Speaker bar on host moved under chat window.
[4E] Chat window relative to FG window size.
[4E] Auto complete for multi word character names while whispering.
[4E] Kick option added to connected character list for GMs.
[4E] AFK feature added.
[4E] Added options for adjusting NPC strength when they are added to combat tracker.
[4E] Tokens can be individually scaled by holding CTRL and using mouse wheel over token.
[4E] Combat tracker no longer needs to be open in order to target or drop actions on tokens.
[4E] When dropping powers on character sheet, recharge would appear differently on player/GM screens. Fixed.
[DEV] Ruleset and extension file load order is now the same on host and client.
[DEV] Tabbing in string/number fields will now skip invisible, disabled or read-only fields.
[DEV] Number controls will only intercept number drops by default, instead of all drops.
[DEV] Added support for 4th and 5th mouse buttons in onClickDown and onClickRelease events.
[DEV] throwDice calls made during chatwindow.onDrop handler will use current mouse vector, instead of random vector.
[DEV] softclose tag will now allow windows to become invisible and minimized, instead of just minimized.
[DEV] New functions, handlers, events and packages.
Comm: addChatMessage, deliverChatMessage, deliverOOBMessage, throwDice, vote, setChatMood, clearChat
DB: addHolder, export, getHolders, getText, getValue, import, isReadOnly, removeHolder, removeAllHolders, setValue
Interface: dialogFileOpen, dialogFileSave
Token: addToken, getToken, onAdd, onClickDown, onClickRelease, onContainerChanged, onDelete, onDoubleClick, onDrop, onHover, onHoverUpdate, onScaleChanged, onTargetUpdate, onWheel
User: getActiveUsers, kick
categoryselectioncontrol: onHover, onHoverUpdate
chatwindow: onHover, onHoverUpdate
databasenode: getText, isReadOnly
diecontrol: noreset, onValueChanged
formattedtextcontrol: onHover, onHoverUpdate
imagecontrol: getImageSize, hasDrawing, hasMask, onHover, onHoverUpdate
numbercontrol: default, min, max
stringcontrol: default, readonly
tokencontrol: nodrag, nodrop, onValueChanged
tokeninstance: onHover, onHoverUpdate
windowinstance: isMinimized, onHover, onHoverUpdate
windowlist: setColumnWidth
windowreferencecontrol: noreset, onValueChanged
[DEV] 2.8 changes (behavior change when ruleset updated)
Most slash commands moved to ruleset.
Console warning generated when template not found.
Character database root can be specified as something other than "charsheet" using the characterdbroot tag.
When importing characters from local mode, reference links are remapped to new character record ID.
setValue, setPrototype and populateFromImageNode will no longer bypass database node ownership checks.
imagecontrol: onTokenAdded event called for all existing tokens when initialized.
windowcontrol: onDragStart added to replace first onDrag call.
windowlistcontrol: onListRearranged event only called when windows added, deleted or rearranged.

DMdomination
June 23rd, 2011, 05:31
This is my first time posting so i hope i'm following the guidelines, I run my game in test mode only (i just learned this after 2 years...i know RIGHT?) Anyhow, we just had our weekly game, an hour after this release. The only issues i've seen, and they may be intentional, are:

/e work for players for emotes but DM's must type /emote and it shows as the DM acting not the creature from the combat tracker.

Other than that, seems great. Thank you for all your hard work.

Leonal
June 23rd, 2011, 05:45
[3.5E, bug]
I forgot to report this earlier after our last session, but player to player whispers don't show up for the recipient. i.e. The sender sees his message pop up in the chat window, but the recipient (and GM if that option is enabled) doesn't see anything.

Thanks for the updates!

Moon Wizard
June 23rd, 2011, 07:20
DMdomination,

When using emote as the GM, your emote should appear using the identity in the little white bubbles just below the chat window. The default identity is the "GM" tag. You can add identities to this list using the speech bubbles on the NPC sheets, or there is an option in the options window that automatically an identity for the current NPC combat tracker entry.

I'll look into why the short version is only working for clients. (/e)

Leonal,
Thanks for the post.

Cheers,
JPG

DMdomination
June 23rd, 2011, 17:27
I just tested it again, just to make sure. With the correct "options set" if it is for example, it's "Hobgoblin 1" turn and if i talk it shows up as his name in blue with a white chat bubble as you said with the words i type in place of the GM, so it works as if it is the critter speaking. But if i type /emote and type an action it comes up GM: "action typed".
I also tried to create an ID outside of the combat tracker to further narrow it down by using "/id evil demon monkey" and then with that ID bubble below the chat window selected type '"/emote runs" it still shows up as the GM acting. then type I just wanted to ensure it wasn't an error on my part.
I also can confirm Leonal's bug about player whispers, i had some players test it and they have the same issue.

Again thank you for all your hard work.

kdietri
June 23rd, 2011, 22:51
Hey Moon_Wizard,

Been playing with it for the day so far. It's completely awesome!!!!

Thanks so much for all your hard work!

This is the only thing I've found so far.

[Bug]

dodge bonuses to AC don't stack.

I know these three things are all probably major adjustments, but I think they would make running the game in 3.5 even that much smoother if they're at all possible.

[Feature Request]

Third tab on NPC's to automate spells and spell-like abilities

[Feature Request]

It's very nice that you can run rounds off the CT by hitting the cycle round button. It'd be nice if there was a radial menu from that button where you could run off durations in like 10 or so round chunks.

[Feature Request]

It would be nice if players could select targets, and multiple targets, by both clicking them on the map, or by clicking on them on the CT. Maybe putting there colour box around the creatures targeted on the CT.

Thanks again, for all your hard work.

phantomwhale
June 23rd, 2011, 23:06
Having looked into this a little (and maybe not enough) I'm quite interested to know what I'll need to do as a bare minimum to get my ruleset(s) up to date.

From what I can tell, I need to implement a number of slash commands. And supporting the kick command seems wise too, although not essential. Anything else needed ? I'm not a test release adopter (hard enough tracking development bugs, without muddying the water) so will take this on as 2.8 hits release.

Moon Wizard
June 24th, 2011, 02:01
kdietri

Dodge bonus (kdietri)
In general, named bonuses do not stack, and that's how the effect manager is written. I'll have to research to see if dodge bonuses stack in 3.5E. If so, I'm not sure if the effect manager can handle that yet. More research.

NPC Spells (kdietri)
I really wanted to do NPC spells, but I had to punt for the sake of time. The challenge is that spells are just a list in the monster's stats. So, there are several items that would have to be addressed:

* Spell tracking really needs to happen at combat tracker level, which means somehow adding a mechanism to track 20-30 spells per creature in CT. The CT interface is already too complex, so it needs a redesign to support this much extra data.
* Then, the module data for NPCs needs to be updated to support spell lists, and all of the data entry associated with that.
* Finally, the ruleset would need to somehow associate monster spell list with full spell data, since the monster entries only contain names of spells.

All in all, there was a ton of work associated with NPC spells, so I had to punt. If someone wants to take a crack at an extension, I would be very interested.

Round jumping (kdietri)
By the time you make the 2-3 clicks to jump the round counter, you might as well have used the mouse wheel or typing to edit the round value directly. Of course, then effect durations aren't updated.

Targeting (kdietri)
The players can target creatures in the CT by holding SHFT and clicking on them. I really want the CT and tokens to be more integrated, especially with respect to targeting. Also, the targeting needs to be overhauled, but that's a project for a future version.

Updating other rulesets (phantomwhale)
The main thing to start with is the version compatibility flag differences listed on the test version documentation.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdocbeta/

Other than that, it would be potentially borrowing features from the 3.5E or 4E code that you want to add.

Cheers,
JPG

kdietri
June 24th, 2011, 02:19
Thanks for the reply Moon_Wizard,

As for the 3rd spell tab for npc's, I'd be happy even with just blank slots where you could add spells manually for now. Parsing down the road of course would be awesome.

But even being able to add save rolls and effect lines, similar to the characters, would be nice, even if you have to add them manually for npcs.

[Bug]

Effects on specific skills don't work for multi-word skills eg. handle animal, disable device.

I tried with just the first word, and with no spaces, couldn't get them to work.

Blackfoot
June 24th, 2011, 19:10
I know this was mentioned earlier... and it might be a bit late for this release but I never saw a response to it.

If someone has bonus AC like the 'Dodge' Feat they get a bonus to similar to the DEX bonus..
It adds to TOUCH AC but NOT to FLATFOOTED.
There is no slot for adding that sort of bonus other than the basic stat one.

I realize this area is getting a bit tight space wise... you could probably pick up a bit by ditching the AC text on 'Flatfooted AC' and 'Touch AC' just go with 'Flatfooted' and 'Touch' and then shrink all the boxes a smidge.

Moon Wizard
June 24th, 2011, 23:40
Considering that the effects and the bonuses on the character sheet do not interact anyways, I would just add the dodge bonus to the Misc field on the character sheet.

Regards,
JPG

Sorcerer
June 25th, 2011, 11:53
there seems to be a problem with formatted text fields.

with 3.5E and C&C I am unable to select text in order to format it, attempting to select it just drags the window rather than the selection cursor.

Leonal
June 25th, 2011, 12:45
I can confirm that too, I'm unable to select text by dragging cursor over it. In the meanwhile you can use the keyboard to mark what you need formatted.

kdietri
June 25th, 2011, 19:37
[Bug]

Damage reduction cold iron doesn't seem to work. All the other types work fine. I'm thinking it's because it's a two-word type, perhapse also since it has cold in the name.

Tried inputing it with no space, but it still didn't work.

Moon Wizard
June 25th, 2011, 19:41
Yes, the multi-word damage types and skill names have been especially challenging to code for. I'll take a look.

JPG

kdietri
June 25th, 2011, 19:54
Yes, the multi-word damage types and skill names have been especially challenging to code for. I'll take a look.

JPG

If something easy like an underscore fixes the problem, I'm personaly fine with remembering that

Blackfoot
June 25th, 2011, 20:09
Considering that the effects and the bonuses on the character sheet do not interact anyways, I would just add the dodge bonus to the Misc field on the character sheet.

Regards,
JPGI went ahead and tweaked it for my extension... ditching 'Deflection' and replacing it with 'Dodge'.. since Misc has the same effect as Deflection does. Dodge tends to come up more often in my games.

Leonal
June 26th, 2011, 11:40
Would it be possible to make magic users forget their spells when resting?

Also, something my players find rather annoying. They would rather sort things themselves, thus is it possible to disable the auto sorting of lines in feats or inventory and the like, or at least not make it sort as you type?

Thanks!

edit: Also had a weird thing happen in yesterday's session. I had opened a map which was locked for drawing, but one player could draw on it whether it said locked/unlocked, and my other player couldn't draw at all.

Lawlesslisa
June 27th, 2011, 00:26
I use a Mac with wine and tried out the test version of 2.8. I opened up the Well Met in Kith module that is provided with FG2. I put a monster from that module in the combat tracker and could only get the first attack ability to highlight; none of the monsters second or additional abilities would highlight.

I also tried with the Pathfinder extension for 3.5 that Madman made and could not get any of the monsters' attack abilities to highlight from the 3.5 monsters, included WMiK module, or the Pathfinder Bestiary module.

I got this error while using the combat tracker in the Pathfinder extension. Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_common.lua"]:310: attempt to index field 'naturaldmgtypes' (a nil value). This error did not show up when not using the Pathfinder extension but I still could not get additional monster attack abilities to work.

Blackfoot
June 27th, 2011, 03:31
I use a Mac with wine and tried out the test version of 2.8. I opened up the Well Met in Kith module that is provided with FG2. I put a monster from that module in the combat tracker and could only get the first attack ability to highlight; none of the monsters second or additional abilities would highlight.

I also tried with the Pathfinder extension for 3.5 that Madman made and could not get any of the monsters' attack abilities to highlight from the 3.5 monsters, included WMiK module, or the Pathfinder Bestiary module.

I got this error while using the combat tracker in the Pathfinder extension. Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct_common.lua"]:310: attempt to index field 'naturaldmgtypes' (a nil value). This error did not show up when not using the Pathfinder extension but I still could not get additional monster attack abilities to work.I got that too.. but if you update your data_common with the info (other than the skills) from the 3.5E ruleset you should be fine.. it fixed it for me. More changes were made there.

EDIT: I added a modified version of Madman's extension that includes the new damage type stuff in the data_common file. This is done with the assumption that nothing else in that file is supposed to be different other than the Skills... if that's not the case then this probably needs to be tweaked, but it works fine for me... you'll have to change the filename so it overwrites the other or remove the other from the directory.

Moon Wizard
June 28th, 2011, 00:43
Leonal,

I think that having players forget their spells on rest, would be more work than it saves in most cases. I know that in most of my games, the wizard would simply choose the same spells every day. In fact, they didn't typically review their choices unless there was a special need, or they gained a level.

Perhaps an option to remove all memorized spells for prepared spell casters would be better.

LawlessLisa,

I'll check out the Well Met entries to see what I find. The Pathfinder mod is managed by the community, but I believe that the PF mod developers are listening on this thread anyways.

Cheers,
JPG

Leonal
June 28th, 2011, 01:36
JPG,

Yeah, I think that would be good. Thanks!

Blackfoot
June 28th, 2011, 05:05
Perhaps an option to remove all memorized spells for prepared spell casters would be better.
This sounds like a good idea.

BTW... I'd like to say again.. although I've pointed out some little things that are wrong here and there in 2.8 it looks really great as far as 3.5E goes. Lots of new features and a great new look. Lots of cheers for your work here.

Moon Wizard
June 28th, 2011, 21:58
Next refresh for test version. Found and addressed a couple long standing bugs as a bonus.

Desktop layout would be misaligned when loading while maximized. Fixed.
Remote character portraits were not updated to newest copies on login. Fixed.
Unable to perform text selection using mouse in formattedtextcontrols. Fixed.
Unable to use Manage Characters option if campaign PAK files used. Fixed.
[3.5E,4E] Whispers between clients were not being received by target. Fixed.
[3.5E] Dodge bonus will now stack.
[3.5E] Can apply skill bonuses to specific skills (including multi-word skills), but not skill categories.
[3.5E] Added option to skip multiple rounds by right clicking on the skip round button
[3.5E] Added /a, /e, /m, /o, /s as additional shortcuts for /action, /emote, /mood, /ooc, /story
[3.5E] Added concentration check button to actions page for each spell class.
[3.5E] Added right click option on PC spell sheet to reset memorized spells for preparation spell casters.
[3.5E] Chat modes were not displaying correctly in all cases. Fixed.
[3.5E] Cold iron damage type not being added to damage rolls correctly. Fixed.
[3.5E] Cold iron DR and regeneration not working. Fixed.
[3.5E] Well Met in Kith'tahKharos module NPC attack fields not parsing. Fixed.
[4E] Script error when dropping item onto inventory. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

kdietri
June 28th, 2011, 22:04
Awesome aweseom aweseom!!

kdietri
June 29th, 2011, 13:02
I think the dodge bonus fix (so that it stacks) made it revert to applying to all three AC types as opposed to normal AC and touch.

I think it was properly applying to only those two before the more recent update, but now it's applying to all three.

Thanks again.

kdietri
June 29th, 2011, 19:46
Disregard this, things started to get majorly buggy after I noticed, tried in a different campaing everything works fine in it.

drahkar
June 30th, 2011, 10:31
the Modules interface from the Foundation Ruleset no longer opens modules in 2.8. You aren't able to trigger the book to open. I'm going to scan through the code when I get some free time next week (Holiday Weekend, can't do it then or the wife will not be happy)

I'll let you know if I find a solution.

drahkar
June 30th, 2011, 12:38
Important for people to remember. When testing to make your Ruleset 2.8 Compliant, you must update the root tag in the base.xml to a version entry as shown in the bold text below:

<root version="2.8" release="0.75" logo="logo.png">

This is extremely important as if you do not, it will be running in a compatibility mode for whatever version is being defined in that tag. And while it will work that way in 2.8, you won't have access to all of the new features that 2.8 has released.

Details are in the section labeled 'Ruleset Application Compatibility' on this page:
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/refdocbeta/

Zeus
June 30th, 2011, 17:21
Valid point there Drahkar.

Curiously, the base.xml in the latest 4E ruleset (from 2.8 U3) appears to still be set to version 2.7, whilst the bundled new 3.5E (from 2.8 U3) is set to 2.8.

Is this deliberate JPG?

Also would this also apply to extensions and not just rulesets? Or do extensions inherit the compatibility mode of the ruleset?

Moon Wizard
July 1st, 2011, 09:32
Yes. Since I did not rewrite the 4E ruleset for this release, I felt it better to leave the compatibility version in place for 4E instead of introducing potential issues for 4E games.

On the extensions, the ruleset controls the compatibility version.

Cheers,
JPG

Oberoten
July 2nd, 2011, 06:10
With moving all/most of the slashcommands into the rulesets, it might be prudent including a general extension containing the most basic ones somewhere.

- Obe

Sorcerer
July 2nd, 2011, 07:24
further on the subject of slash commands.

/vote in 3.5E appears to have gone AWOL. It is listed on /help as now being a ruleset command, but the handler does not appear to be present and is not working.

Blackfoot
July 2nd, 2011, 14:01
With moving all/most of the slashcommands into the rulesets, it might be prudent including a general extension containing the most basic ones somewhere.

- Obe
Is this true? I'm not sure why this makes much sense. Coding for rulesets seems like it is generally (not always.. but generally) not at the same level as the shell they run in... with many of the authors doing the work in their spare time for 'fun'... I would think that the more functions that were innate to FG the better and more consistent basic functions would be.

Oberoten
July 2nd, 2011, 17:09
Admittedly, some of the commands doesn't make much sense moving into the rulesets, like /emote, /story et all. I can see ONE thing though that is good for me and that is finding a way to do an alternate emote /e's command but still...

- Obe

drahkar
July 2nd, 2011, 18:18
Still working on the Module code. It appears to be a problem in the drag and double click Events. If you force the module to load with the permissions, it'll load and everything else seems to work fine. Its just the process of dragging the module open and closed or double clicking it that does not seem to work.

Moon Wizard
July 2nd, 2011, 18:21
The reason for moving the slash commands into the rulesets was that there was no way to consolidate the command lists between FG and the ruleset, so that the ruleset developer had full control over the commands available.

For example, I added a /reply and /r shortcut in v3.5E ruleset. However, the /r would actually trigger the /reload command, since the FG list was checked for substring match before the command was sent to the onSlashCommand handler.

The concept of what to build-in vs. what to put in the ruleset is actually something that I've been wrestling with in this release, specifically for issues like this. I would like to move more functionality into the client, but flexibility can get lost on the way.

I have been considering how I might pull the commands back into FG, but I need to design it to allow ruleset developers to override built-in commands, and add their own so that the list of slash commands is treated as a single list, instead of two separate lists.

Regards,
JPG

Sorcerer
July 2nd, 2011, 18:32
Drahkar,

this is one I encountered with C&C this morning.

depends on your ruleset - but I guess you need to change the onDrag to onDragStart and it should work fine.

actually not sure whether I need to change all of my onDrags to on DragStart or not - because its only a few of them that are having problems - such as the active_CT indicator which also needs to be changed to be draggable again.

Oberoten
July 2nd, 2011, 20:17
onDragEnd doesn't seem to fire.... and this is probably where the problem stems.

- Obe

Moon Wizard
July 2nd, 2011, 22:45
Good info.

The onDragStart event only applies to rulesets set to version 2.8 compatibility, and it essentially replaces the first onDrag event. All the subsequent onDrag events will still fire. If you guys have specific examples of actions in rulesets where the onDragEnd event is not firing, please let me know, so I can recreate quickly.

Thanks,
JPG

drahkar
July 2nd, 2011, 23:20
Yea, I'm working on getting the AO Ruleset 2.8 Compliant. Its based off the Foundation Ruleset. All the onDrags have been updated to onDragStart. But as Obe was mentioning, it looks like the onDragEnd isn't firing but I suspect its because the onDragStart isn't firing to begin with.

I've verified that the book should slide open and closed even without releasing the button and ending the drag at which point it should activate or deactivate accordingly. However with this module code it doesn't do anything except put the overlay of the open and close arrows on you click on it.

Sorcerer
July 3rd, 2011, 09:23
I am working on the next gen C&C ruleset and as such I have also recently set the compatibility flag to 2.8.

The only issues I have encountered so far where those noted before.
Module loading and the active_CT indicator.

both of those were related to onDrag.

Drakkar - I wasn't very clear in my explanation.

I modeled my fix on what M_W has in the 3.5E ruleset.

basically the script within the modulepermissioncontrol template does not need to be set to onDragStart (both onDrag and onDragStart will work- although M_W has used onDragStart in 3.5E), the main issue lies in the moduleselection_load.lua file where the picture is more complex.

here M_W has both an onDragStart and an onDrag entry, as well as onDragEnd, basically the onDragStart just seems to be calling the onDrag entry

function onDragStart(button, x, y, dragdata)
return onDrag(button, x, y, dragdata);
end

I tried it with and without the above code and with the onDrag simply renamed as onDragStart, and it only seems to work if both onDragStart and onDrag are present within this file.

I'm sure M_W will explain why. I only know that it solved my problem.

drahkar
July 3rd, 2011, 12:14
If onDragStart is supposed to replace onDrag, that would seem like a pretty major bug to me.

Moon? Any thoughts?

Sorcerer
July 3rd, 2011, 12:31
M_W's wording is actually that onDragStart replaces onDrag for the first onDrag call.

I inferred from that, that the onDrag function will continue to exist in v2.8, although my understanding is not enough to grasp how it might be used.

I think onDrag continues to fire repeatedly as long as the mouse hovers over the control, whilst onDragStart only fires once, but that is just my supposition.

Zeus
July 3rd, 2011, 13:08
M_W's wording is actually that onDragStart replaces onDrag for the first onDrag call.

I inferred from that, that the onDrag function will continue to exist in v2.8, although my understanding is not enough to grasp how it might be used.

I think onDrag continues to fire repeatedly as long as the mouse hovers over the control, whilst onDragStart only fires once, but that is just my supposition.

Yes, that's essentially correct, here's how its supposed to work (as per the 2.8 reference docs).

onDragStart(button, x, y, dragdata)

This function is called when the mouse is moved after having been pressed down on the control. The event is called once.

onDrag(button, x, y, dragdata)

This function is called when the mouse is moved after having been pressed down on the control. The event is called repeatedly as the user adjusts the mouse position. As of v2.8, the onDrag event will not be called for the initial drag event (see onDragStart() above).

onDragEnd(dragdata)

This function is called when the mouse is released at the end of a drag operation that started on the control. The dragdata object is first passed to the onDrop handler in the receiving control, which can set properties in the dragdata object that notify this control of the events.

So, you need to use onDragStart() to capture the initial drag event, thereafter you use onDrag() whilst the drag continues in motion and finally onDragEnd() to capture the release/end of the drag.

Sorcerer
July 3rd, 2011, 13:25
ahh so any quick and easy drag, like grabbing some dice can be done with onDragStart (and possibly also with onDrag?), but anything more complicated, requiring continual updating of positional data, such as the animation of the dragging of the module book will require both onDragStart and onDrag.

drahkar
July 3rd, 2011, 13:36
Interesting. I'll give it a whirl.

Update: Yep. that did it. Thanks all.

So that's a heads up for anyone usig the foundation Ruleset as a base. If you are updating to 2.8 compliant code you need to add:

function onDragStart(button, x, y, dragdata)
return onDrag(button, x, y, dragdata);
end

To the moduleselectionentry_load.lua. This completely resolves the issue. (Thanks Sorcerer for the code snippet.)

Leonal
July 4th, 2011, 02:23
Had another game yesterday and still have the problem that one player cannot draw on an image at all, while another can draw whether it's locked or not.

Not quite sure how to research this issue further on my part.

Oberoten
July 4th, 2011, 21:24
Trying to run slashcommands under 2.8 gives some strange effects if the ruleset is based on the old foundation...

... like trying to go to /export instead of /emote if you use /e.
It is to say the least a bit of a deal-breaker, normally I'd peek at the new releases base rulesets for a hint of what in the name of Morslieb I am doing wrong.

I am tearing my hair here, but also thinking that I will probably just wait until some ruleset that makes more sense to me updates to 2.8 compatibility. My understanding is too limited.

- Obe

Oberoten
July 7th, 2011, 13:59
From how I understand this, the /export command is still hardcoded and the other slashcommands are not... could this somehow affect the priority?

If I go with /em for emotes it fires, I even tried moving the commands initialization up and down in the onInit event that registers them.

- Obe

Sorcerer
July 7th, 2011, 14:11
the export command (at least in C&C) is ruleset controlled, but is not registered in the chatmanager, but in the exportmanager.

for the new version, I have actually got rid of the exportmanager and moved it to the chatmanager, because every time I typed export, the exportcharacter window would open (it appears that not only are the commands similar - but the slsshhandler name was identical - I have since renamed the exportchar slashhander to something else)

Blackfoot
July 7th, 2011, 16:16
With regards to the Class Skill toggle...
I'm not exactly clear on why this code was discarded...
There seems to be plenty of space for it on the sheet...

Was the old code buggy or something?

Oberoten
July 8th, 2011, 10:31
the export command (at least in C&C) is ruleset controlled, but is not registered in the chatmanager, but in the exportmanager.

for the new version, I have actually got rid of the exportmanager and moved it to the chatmanager, because every time I typed export, the exportcharacter window would open (it appears that not only are the commands similar - but the slsshhandler name was identical - I have since renamed the exportchar slashhander to something else)

... and this finally solved it for me. MANY thanks. It has been a great source of annoyance. With this final move Ars Magica is now 2.8 compatible.

- Obe

kdietri
July 9th, 2011, 17:08
[Bug]

For ranged attacks, the 'ranged no stat' still applies a Str penalty to the damage.

[Request]

An 'off-hand thrown' option which adds half strength bonus to thrown weapons from the off-hand.

Moon Wizard
July 10th, 2011, 09:07
Player unable to draw on image (Leonal)
I'll have to look at the code to see what could prevent a player from drawing.

Some more info that would be helpful:
* Are the drawing menus available from the right click menu?
* Is the player able to activate drawing mode, and the cursor changes to a quill?

Slash commands (Oberoten)
I'm currently in the process of revamping the slash command interface for v2.8. I agree that FG should do more, not less. It was just less FG code the other way.

On the next test release, I will be reinstating all of the original slash commands within FG. Also, the ruleset will be able to register slash commands directly with FG, so that built-in commands can be overriden and full/partial string matching will be consistent across the all commands (built-in or ruleset).

Class skill tracking (Blackfoot)
The class skill point tracking code has been consistently buggy, even with patching. Also, with the ability to add more than 3 classes, it would have made the code very complex. Since we have made a conscious decision not to make the FG rulesets into character generators, I simplified the interface so that it can be filled out like a character sheet. Instead, we are working on an importer to pull from standard character generators for 3.5E and 4E.

3.5E Bug and Request (kdietri)
Thanks for the report. I will check it out.

Regards,
JPG

Ikael
July 10th, 2011, 12:44
is it just me, but my 2.8 compatible ruleset's modules are not showing up in library anymore after they are activated. The features worked fine when ruleset was 2.0 compatible and I haven't touched module related code at all, except that I added

function onDragStart(button, x, y, draginfo)
return onDrag(button, x, y, draginfo)
end

to my modulesectionentry_load.lua file to make it possible to activate modules by dragging books open. Has something changed in module loading that I should know or have I broken something myself?

Blackfoot
July 10th, 2011, 14:49
Class skill tracking (Blackfoot)
The class skill point tracking code has been consistently buggy, even with patching. Also, with the ability to add more than 3 classes, it would have made the code very complex. Since we have made a conscious decision not to make the FG rulesets into character generators, I simplified the interface so that it can be filled out like a character sheet. Instead, we are working on an importer to pull from standard character generators for 3.5E and 4E.

Regards,
JPG
I guess I'm looking at this piece from the PF angle where the code is much more straight forward. I'll look at adding it to the PF extension once 2.8 is up and running. The PF way of doing it seems to be a lot simpler than the 3.5 ... 'IF check add 3' is easier than dividing and tracking which class it came from and all that...
BF

Ikael
July 10th, 2011, 19:09
Just noticed that I cannot input any characters from keyboard into FG that relates on holding ALT or CTRL button. I don't know about other country settings but in finnish keyboard you can input []'s by holding Alt Gr+8 or Alt Gr+9. It worked fine with FGII v2.7.2 and with FGII v2.7.6 but when updating to 2.8 none of these Alt/Alt Gr/Ctrl related characters can be inputted anywhere inside FG. I have tried several keyboards now and I can input them easily to any other interface in my OS.

This issue doesn't seem to be ruleset dependent as it occurs with 4E, Savage Worlds and with Unicore rulesets.

Oberoten
July 10th, 2011, 21:27
Confirming Ikael's observation. Alt-GR seems to be out of comission.

- Obe

KhybersGhost
July 11th, 2011, 03:35
Is there an easy to read source for the new effects system? I don't seem to see much in the short manual

Moon Wizard
July 11th, 2011, 07:53
Library module visibility (Ikael)
There was a change between 2.0 and 2.2 that I did not catch for the compatibility notes yet.

Essentially, window lists before 2.2 always displayed data from main database as well as all modules. From 2.2 forward, you need to specify when a windowlist should display data from all modules. The tag is "<useallmodules />". You should find the usage in the 4E library files, if you want to see an example.

Pathfinder Skills (Blackfoot)
Let me review PF skills to see how I can make it work for both.

AltGr key (Ikael)
I'll have to look into this. The last locale specific change I am aware of was in 2.7.6.

Effects manual (KhybersGhost)
If you are referring to the 3.5E effects, I have not had a chance to generate updated manual yet. They have a lot of similarities to 4E effects, and I posted a list at one point in the test release threads. Let me know if there is something specific you need help with.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 11th, 2011, 23:25
OK, here's the latest update.

Test Version Updates

Added system slash command: flushdb
Added slash commands: o (= ooc), a (= action), s (= story), e (= emote), m (= mood), lighting
Unable to connect to games using passwords. Fixed.
Multiline string controls were not allowing text selection with the mouse. Fixed.
When returning to launcher from active session, masks, drawings and images would be deleted. Fixed.
When sharing windows, they were shared with the entire history of all user names, not just connected users. Fixed.
Using CTRL+ALT combination to enter non-English characters was not working. Fixed.
[DEV] Moved slash command handling back into application.
[DEV] Non-system slash commands can be overriden.
[DEV] System slash commands are: console, reload, save, openwindow, reset, flushdb, imagecheck
[DEV] Comm: Added registerSlashHandler(string, fn)
[4E] Feat and special ability entries can be edited to give them a description. (Used by import utility also)
[4E] If no stat defined for PC power attack roll, then half level will no longer be added. (i.e. alchemical powers)
[4E] Heal rolls that applied temporary hit points were ignoring surge cost value. Fixed.
[3.5E] Added Pathfinder mode. Select in options.
[3.5E] Added class skill checkbox for each skill.
[3.5E] Added concentration roll to spell class entries.
[3.5E] Grapple bonus added to CT entries.
[3.5E] Ranged thrown off-hand option added to weapon section.
[3.5E] AC dodge bonus effects were not being ignored when flatfooted. Fixed.
[3.5E] NPC base attack and grapple field not highlighting correctly on hover. Fixed.
[3.5E] Strength penalty applied to ranged weapons with "Ranged No Stat" setting. Fixed.
[3.5E] Strength penalty not being applied to bows. Fixed.

Pathfinder Mode Details

Updated skill list
Changed Search, Spot, Listen fields to Perception field.
Selecting class skill will give +3 bonus to skill rolls.
Dead status determination (negative Con score instead of -10)
Stabilization roll (use Constitution check DC 10 (- negative HP) instead of flat 10%)
Concentration check (use d20 + CL + DC stat bonus, instead of Concentration skill)
Aura/Senses fields added to NPC sheets
CMB/CMD fields added to character sheets and CT entries
NPC field BAB / CM expected format is "Base Atk +#; CMB +#; CMD #"
CMB/CMD rolls enabled (will check CMB rolls vs. CMD defense and report result)
Will apply all attack modifiers from conditions and effects, including +4 vs. stunned.
Added CMB/CMD specific effects.
Level 0 spells are always visible (just set Available to at least 1)
When added to CT, ruleset will parse special quality field for resistances and immunities in PF format
NLVL effects apply -1 to CMB/CMD
Dazzled and Fascinated effects apply penalties to Perception skill
Grappled effects applies -4 DEX and -2 to regular attacks
Pinned effects applies GRANTCA and -4 AC.

Cheers,
JPG

Leonal
July 12th, 2011, 00:27
Ooh, nice. I'll be looking forward to trying out PF mode, thanks a bunch!

JPG, regarding the drawing issue, from yesterday's session it seems like my player could draw when I first opened the map, but after a short while it just stopped working. The menus were all there, but nothing happened when he tried to draw. Everything else works fine.

edit: Quick try with a new campaign and set to PF mode, no extensions:
*Skill list is empty (3.5 and PF)
*Shows Spot/Search/Listen on main tab and mini sheet.
*Class skill adds +3 whether a skill has a rank or not. (should only give if PC has a rank there)

General: The calendar extension doesn't work, error on startup.

[11.07.2011 23:19:20] Script Error: [string "scripts/campaigndate.lua"]:3: attempt to call field 'registerSlashHandler' (a nil value)

Moon Wizard
July 12th, 2011, 00:53
Leonal,

Can you disable any other extensions running for the PF campaign, and try again?

I'm not seeing those issues on my machine, except the class skill bonus adding +3 when no ranks.

Also, the campaigncalendar extension will not work with the latest changes without an update to the code in the extension.

Regards,
JPG

DanLal
July 12th, 2011, 01:02
Had two dudes in the Combat Tracker and started a round. When I clicked on the Next Character icon, I got this error message (In 3.5 mode)
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct.lua"]:808: attempt to call field 'getDeathThreshold' (a nil value)]

demadog
July 12th, 2011, 01:15
After loading the latest update I cannot start my existing 4e campaign. During the load I get a pop-up window called "error loading data" with the message "Could not load included file (reference_abilities.xml). Do you want to try reloading the data?" with a yes and no button. Yes just re-pops up the window, while no closes the program.

I've tried searching my system for this file, but came up empty. I tried creating a new 4e campaign, but the same error appeared. However, when i created a new 3.5e campaign it went through without an issue.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Al

kdietri
July 12th, 2011, 01:51
Thanks JPG,

I'm not sure if this was intentional, but the end turn button doesn't seem to work for the DM, if it's a players turn.

I also can't seem to get the SKILL: effect to work on individual skills any more.

kdietri
July 12th, 2011, 02:10
Damage drops don't seem to be working either.

The dice rolls and is totalled, but the damage is not applied, either to characters or to NPC's.

Not sure if this matters but there are no clients logged in, it's just me testing things as the DM.

Leonal
July 12th, 2011, 03:30
Here's the log when I create a new 3.5 campaign, connect with a second client, create character and open the skill tab:

[12.07.2011 02:16:50] Runtime Notice: Initializing DirectX
[12.07.2011 02:16:50] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting
[12.07.2011 02:17:03] Runtime Notice: Client initial connect
[12.07.2011 02:17:04] Network Notice: 'test' connected
[12.07.2011 02:17:04] Network Notice: Client connected to host - 'test'
[12.07.2011 02:17:15] Network Notice: Client ruleset download complete
[12.07.2011 02:17:20] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua)
[12.07.2011 02:17:34] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (charsheet/scripts/charsheet_tabmain.lua)
[12.07.2011 02:17:36] Script Error: [string "charsheet/scripts/charsheet_skilllist.lua"]:60: attempt to call field 'getSkillList' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:17:38] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (charsheet/scripts/charsheet_tabcombat.lua)
[12.07.2011 02:17:38] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:acstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:17:38] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:acstat2"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:17:38] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:cmdstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:17:38] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:cmdbase"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:17:38] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:initiativestat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:17:38] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:fortitudestat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:17:38] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:reflexstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:17:38] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:willstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:17:38] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:meleestat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:17:38] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:rangedstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:17:38] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:grapplestat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)

Here's the log when I create a new 3.5 campaign, set the system to PF, connect with a second client, create character and open the skill tab, then open the combat tab (looks identical):

[12.07.2011 02:14:21] Runtime Notice: Initializing DirectX
[12.07.2011 02:14:21] Runtime Notice: Fantasy Grounds starting
[12.07.2011 02:14:23] Runtime Notice: Client initial connect
[12.07.2011 02:14:23] Network Notice: 'test' connected
[12.07.2011 02:14:23] Network Notice: Client connected to host - 'test'
[12.07.2011 02:14:34] Network Notice: Client ruleset download complete
[12.07.2011 02:14:40] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua)
[12.07.2011 02:15:10] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (charsheet/scripts/charsheet_tabmain.lua)
[12.07.2011 02:15:11] Script Error: [string "charsheet/scripts/charsheet_skilllist.lua"]:60: attempt to call field 'getSkillList' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:15:18] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (charsheet/scripts/charsheet_tabaction.lua)
[12.07.2011 02:15:19] Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (charsheet/scripts/charsheet_tabcombat.lua)
[12.07.2011 02:15:19] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:acstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:15:19] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:acstat2"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:15:19] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:cmdstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:15:19] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:cmdbase"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:15:19] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:initiativestat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:15:19] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:fortitudestat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:15:19] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:reflexstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:15:19] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:willstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:15:19] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:meleestat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:15:19] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:rangedstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
[12.07.2011 02:15:19] Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:grapplestat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)

I'll try to delete the 3.5E.pak and redownload the whole thing and see if it's similar.

edit: I get the same errors with a new 3.5E.pak, new campaign, no extensions loaded.

Blackfoot
July 12th, 2011, 04:48
I got similar errors to Leonal running with no extensions.

Moon Wizard
July 12th, 2011, 07:05
Apologies to everyone who jumped on the latest update. I apparently left out a few new files during my SVN commit (existing files are updated automatically, but new files need to be manually added). I added the missing files for both the 3.5E and 4E rulesets.

Please re-try the issues you brought up.

Also, I went ahead and fixed the class skill adding +3 with no ranks in PF mode, while I was updating.

Regards,
JPG

unerwünscht
July 12th, 2011, 07:11
(Note/disclamer I am still not back in the community, and thus have not and will not read through the posts here.)
I JUST updated FGII and am now getting an error when loading the combat tab on the character record sheet using the 3.5 ruleset that ships with FG. The error is:
Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:acstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:acstat2"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:cmdstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:cmdbase"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:initiativestat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:fortitudestat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:reflexstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:willstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:meleestat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:rangedstat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet_combat:grapplestat"]:1: attempt to call field 'isInitialized' (a nil value)
Script Error: [string "charsheet/scripts/charsheet_skilllist.lua"]:60: attempt to call field 'getSkillList' (a nil value)
Ruleset Warning: Could not load script file (charsheet/scripts/charsheet_tabaction.lua)

Leonal
July 12th, 2011, 07:29
Latest update works great, tried with an existing campaign and got no errors from any tabs on the PC sheet.

Thanks a lot for this quick fix.

Only nitpick is that I'd prefer the Perception button to read Perception instead of Percept.

unerwünscht
July 12th, 2011, 07:30
Leonal did you do anything special? I am still getting the error.

Leonal
July 12th, 2011, 07:34
I updated from the version earlier this morning (Koreatime) to the one just released. Nothing else.

unerwünscht
July 12th, 2011, 07:46
Ok, I just forced it to do another update, and now it is working fine for me as well.

I am noticing an issue with FGPEMUtility at this point however, it does not appear to be extracting anything. Not sure if it is an issue with that program, this build of FG, or Windows 7. So disregard if this is not an issue with the test build.

DanLal
July 12th, 2011, 12:10
The /die command doesn't work. I get the /help command to execute instead, in other words the help file pops up
Any /die commands put into the hot keys does the same

Leonal
July 12th, 2011, 14:18
The /die command doesn't work. I get the /help command to execute instead, in other words the help file pops up
Any /die commands put into the hot keys does the same

Works in the latest update with 3.5E, however other rulesets might need to be updated.

madman
July 12th, 2011, 14:39
was wondering if there was any plan to do a shared note system. It has so many good uses, I would love to see it implemented.

Chris

DanLal
July 12th, 2011, 15:45
Works in the latest update with 3.5E, however other rulesets might need to be updated.

4.0E does the help message
d20_jpg does nothing
3.5E works great

Sorcerer
July 12th, 2011, 17:04
examining the 3.5E ruleset it seems that slashhandler commands now need to be proceeded by "Comm" and that the "/" needs to be omitted from the command (in the code, but not when entered at the chat window.)
as the example below

Comm.registerSlashHandler("die", processDie);

the bit that I don't understand is that when you go down to the function itself
(in this case processDie) you need to include a second parameter which M_W has named "sCommand".

function processDie(sCommand, sParams)

It does not seem to be used in this or any other function, but if it is omitted it does not work.

Moon Wizard
July 12th, 2011, 18:05
There is a new function that was added in the latest test mode that allows the ruleset to register a slash command handler directly with the application (instead of managing in LUA). This also allows FG to compare ruleset and built-in slash commands at the same time to determine the correct partial match. (i.e. /mo should not activate /mood (built-in) if /mod (ruleset) is also defined) With the new callback mechanism, the command and the parameters are both passed to the callback function for additional ruleset flexibility.

I'll look into the 4E code commands, since the plan was to build the feature so that older rulesets are unaffected.

Cheers,
JPG

Blackfoot
July 12th, 2011, 18:05
Looking good. Earlier problems resolved.

Trying to break it again now... not having much success so far.

A couple of thoughts:
It would be nice to allow players be able to edit blank links.. I imagine this will create a little overhead since it's not actually pulling the info from a module... but in cases where module info is not available it would be a handy way to create notes for specific things.
(Please do NOT add this to the current rev... we don't need to spend time playtesting it at this point)
Umm what was my other thought.. damn.. I can't remember...
The PF option is very nice. Some of the existing modules are going to need to be tweaked a bit to make them work right but there's a lot of great stuff in the 2.8 Rev.
Three cheers for JPG!

Moon Wizard
July 12th, 2011, 18:09
Shared notes system (Madman)

There is currently a shared notes system in place for both 3.5E and 4E. The GM and players can each create notes and share them with everyone else. Perhaps I am misunderstanding what you mean by shared notes system?

Player editing blank links (Blackfoot)

Players should be able to edit blank links (for records they own, i.e. character sheets) by dropping a link from another window onto the blank link. Please give me some examples if this is not working.

Thanks,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 12th, 2011, 18:54
Another minor test release update:

Custom slash commands not working in most rulesets. Fixed.
[3.5E] Hex grid mode was not measuring pointers correctly. Fixed.
[3.5E] Token orientation points in hex grid mode was not being set correctly. Fixed.
[4E] Hex grid mode was not measuring pointers correctly. Fixed.
[4E] Radial menu option to reset inidividual token scaling not working. Fixed.
[4E] Token orientation points in hex grid mode was not being set correctly. Fixed.

Regards,
JPG

Blackfoot
July 12th, 2011, 20:11
The 'CMD' size bonus should actually the reverse of the AC bonus. -1 for small instead of +1. Apparently it's harder for smaller characters to defend against grappling, tripping and other sorts of special maneuvers due to lack of leverage/reach/bulk.

DanLal
July 12th, 2011, 20:43
4.0E does the help message
d20_jpg does nothing
3.5E works great
Working good now! Thanks

madman
July 12th, 2011, 22:49
Well I have to say "Thank You, JPG" nice job with the Pathfinder option. I think this will make everyone very happy. I know it makes me jump up and down.

The question I was asking before was about a note system like the Base Ruleset, that allows a note to be a public note. This way there is no need for the GM to share it every time, it can be opened by anyone at any time. Also allowing the players to make notes as they go and the other players can look up things without disrupting the game.

Thanks Again
Chris

Moon Wizard
July 12th, 2011, 23:20
Ah, I see now. I have looked at that notes system before when it broke in a previous 2.7 update. Not something I want to tack onto the v2.8 release, but I'll make sure it's on the wish list.

Cheers,
JPG

kdietri
July 13th, 2011, 00:17
I can't seem to get specific skill effects to work either. I know they were working at one point.

kdietri
July 13th, 2011, 05:04
For 3.5 it's not considering the defensive effects for critical confirmation rolls, just the initial attack rolls.

I think the critical confirmation rolls are even more messed. It doesn't even seem to consider the creatures AC at some points.

Satan
July 13th, 2011, 15:37
For 3.5 Prone effect don't add +4 to AC vs Ranged and thrown attacks, but decrease by -4 vs melee as expected. Sitting is the same.

I can't open the 3.5E.pak file when renamed to zip the 4E.pak works fine.

GeneralChaos
July 14th, 2011, 01:16
Regarding 3.5, pathfinder: Looking fantastic. I spent about 8 hours putting in CMB/CMD, etc (all changes I was using in d20_JPG). Then you do it better. XD

Might I request a spot for Hero Points? I previously used the empty space at the bottom of the combat sheet, and now that's gone.

Um. CMB and CMD should have a reverse size effect to AC. So small creatures get +1 AC, and -1 CMB/CMD

Where do/can NPC sheets have the CMD score? It doesn't appear to take the value from anywhere on the sheet. Obvious places are AC, or the BAB/CM field.

New error (both 3.5 and PF mode): Dragging monsters with SQ's results in the following line once or twice (depending on monster: tested Aboleth, Achaierai, Air Elemental Medium, and Angel Solar):
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct.lua"]:673: attempt to call field 'isWords' (a nil value)
Effects are not placed onto the combat tracker from the NPC sheets.

Circular (and square) measurement is now diameter, when it was previously radius, and spell and effects are usually measured in radius.

Is there an effect for bleed? (Target takes set damage each round)
Is there an effect for rolled, ongoing damage? (like Acid Arrow)

edit: Worked out what the error does
edit: Another question

Leonal
July 14th, 2011, 02:07
Where do/can NPC sheets have the CMD score? It doesn't appear to take the value from anywhere on the sheet. Obvious places are AC, or the BAB/CM field.

I've always had it like "+1/+2/12" in the Bab/Cm field. I think that's how it's used now too.

Sigurd
July 14th, 2011, 04:19
On the topic of notes - a little off topic but please forgive me.

For me the issue with notes is that they become unmanageable really really fast. A broader rethink and an archive option would be wonderful.

I now return you to your regularly scheduled development log.

kdietri
July 14th, 2011, 15:05
Is there an effect for bleed? (Target takes set damage each round)
Is there an effect for rolled, ongoing damage? (like Acid Arrow)

DMGO: works for both of these.

[DMGO: 5] would do 5 damage per round.

[DMGO: 2d4 acid] would do 2d4 acid damage per round.

kdietri
July 14th, 2011, 16:02
New error (both 3.5 and PF mode): Dragging monsters with SQ's results in the following line once or twice (depending on monster: tested Aboleth, Achaierai, Air Elemental Medium, and Angel Solar):
Script Error: [string "ct/scripts/ct.lua"]:673: attempt to call field 'isWords' (a nil value)

I got the same error when adding creatures to the combat tracker via the "add NPCs to combat tracker" button in a Combat Encounter window.

Also, using that button in a Combat Encounter window only seems to be adding single monsters of each type, regardless of how many are input in the encounter.

Moon Wizard
July 14th, 2011, 22:28
Thanks for all the issue reports. I'm looking into them.

CMB/CMD (GeneralChaos)
The assumed format for the CMB/CMD is to use the BAB/CM field:
Base Atk +#; CMB +#; CMD #

The ruleset code is really just looking for the CMD +# and CMD # substrings, so as long as they are in that line, they should parse.

If you have +#/+# in the BAB/CM field, it will assume the 3.5E format and treat the second number as CMB. If many people are using in the format +#/+#/# for BAB/CMB/CMD, then I think I can tweak the code. I just liked the written out format slightly better for readability.

I originally looked at implementing CMB/CMD as their own fields, but the problem was maintaining backward compatibility with existing modules (d20, 3.5E and PF community).

Opening 3.5E.pak (Satan)
If you can not open the 3.5E file after renaming, you may need to use the PGPEM utility (in the Downloads section) to open the file.

Alternatively, I think if you delete the 3.5E.pak and re-update, that the updater will download the file in the standard ZIP format. I haven't tested this, but I can open the file by renaming on my machine.

Hero Points (GeneralChaos)
Are hero points part of the standard PF rules? I didn't notice them in the rules.

Otherwise, I would suggest placing them somewhere easy to find/edit, such as the Special Defenses field, which is visible in both the large and mini character sheets.

Notes System (Sigurd)
Send me a PM, and let's talk about your thoughts on the notes system. I need someone who uses them heavily to help me flesh out what a better notes system would look like.

Thanks,
JPG

Leonal
July 14th, 2011, 23:08
Hero Points (https://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/advancedNewRules.html#hero-points) are an optional set of rules from the Advanced Player's Guide, but quite a few people use them I believe.

My players just place them somewhere visible, like you mentioned.

unerwünscht
July 15th, 2011, 10:34
Played a full game session last night around 4 hours without a single issue. Everything worked perfectly and as we expected it to. I also noticed players are able to connect a lot faster than they could on previous versions.

Thank you for all the awesome work.

DanLal
July 15th, 2011, 14:07
Something that kind of bugs me that I'd like to add here and hopefully you could fix somehow.

If I add an image to the Campaign folder. I don't have to reload FGII to see it in my Image & Maps section. It appears right away.

Could something be done for the tokens too. When I create a token and dump it in the Token folders, I have to do a reload of FGII to be able to see it. Even if a command like "/reload token" would be useful.

Fenloh
July 15th, 2011, 14:10
Yes Connections etc. seemed faster, but during downloadtimes (initial, images, Potraits, Tokens etc) there was always a hickup in Teamspeak. FG seems to use all the Bandwidth during those times, but i was not using the QoS Paketplaner.

Is there a way to choose how much bandwidth should be used in FG?

Fenloh

Moon Wizard
July 15th, 2011, 19:33
Bandwidth (Fenloh)
There is not a way to throttle the bandwidth used by FG.

One of the big complaints with the previous version was the slow network transfer, both during connection and sharing. I adjusted those settings in the latest version, so that up to 20 files would be requested at a time instead of one at a time. In addition to the token caching and other network improvements, this has sped up many aspects of the FG experience.

My guess is that the large downloads should be limited to the first game connection, and initial sharing of objects, since the caching is much more aggressive. I didn't notice any hiccups in my Ventrilo chat during my games, but I may be using smaller files than you. Let me know if it continues, or is just part of the initial connections/sharing.

Adding tokens during session (DanLal)

I actually looked at this during v2.8 development. The challenge is the difference in the usage of images vs. tokens in the client.

The images are a single flat folder that can be quickly and easily read, and mirrored to the campaign images list.

The tokens are a multi-level nested folder structure, that can be overriden by creating new bags and moving tokens into new structures. FG actually has to use a separate file to remember the mappings from the disk file structure to the token bag structures for each campaign.

So, unfortunately, it's not a simple task. In the future, I am looking at doing an overhaul of the image/token code. As part of that overhaul, I will be looking at how images/tokens can be added to the session during play.

Regards,
JPG

Zeus
July 15th, 2011, 20:36
Yes Connections etc. seemed faster, but during downloadtimes (initial, images, Potraits, Tokens etc) there was always a hickup in Teamspeak. FG seems to use all the Bandwidth during those times, but i was not using the QoS Paketplaner.

Is there a way to choose how much bandwidth should be used in FG?

Fenloh

You could alway use QoS itself to cap the bandwidth for applications including FGII.

You can prioritise traffic by MAC/IP address or port range in most QoS implementations, so if you wanted to, you could always cap FGII at 50% of your bandwidth leaving the remaining 50% available to other web apps including your VoIP app.

unerwünscht
July 15th, 2011, 20:42
Moon, just an observation from years of using file transfers, could you test it while set at 3 simultaneous file transfers instead of 20? I have found that 3 is the golden number for getting optimum speeds. Just an observation tho.

Moon Wizard
July 15th, 2011, 22:39
I originally wanted 50 ;), but I backed it down. Basically, I wanted to remove the networking bottleneck completely.

After looking online, I think I will bring it inline with browsers which use 6 connections per server. (1 command connection plus 5 download connections)

Cheers,
JPG

unerwünscht
July 15th, 2011, 22:56
5 would probably work very well also. You never know tho, with high speed connection being what they are now, more may be better. The only way to know for sure would be to test it out one way, then the other and see what you get.

Moon Wizard
July 16th, 2011, 00:45
Minor update today.

Connection limit changed to 6 (1 command plus 5 download), was 20.
[3.5E] BAB/CM field will accept '#/#/#' format for BAB/CMB/CMD values.
[3.5E] Square and circle pointers were displaying diameter, instead of radius. Fixed.
[3.5E] Effect filters not working. Fixed.
[3.5E] CMD size modifier was same as AC size modifier, should be inverse. Fixed.
[3.5E] CMD was not calculating correctly on character mini sheet. Fixed.
[3.5E] Ranged attacks were being treated as melee attacks when determining hit/miss. Fixed.
[3.5E] Critical confirmation rolls were not using correct AC for confirming criticals. Fixed.

Cheers,
JPG

kdietri
July 16th, 2011, 04:32
Just ran through some fights, everything ran smoothly. All the issues I had are gone.

Thanks a ton for all the effort.

Trenloe
July 16th, 2011, 05:46
[3.5E] Players can't see the result (hit/miss) of their targeted attack without the Game option "Chat: Show GM/NPC actions" set to on. This then shows all of the GM rolls too!

The 4E ruleset has the "Target: Enable PC Actions" Combat option that controls this - would it be possible to have a similar option in the 3.5E ruleset?

Thanks!

Moon Wizard
July 16th, 2011, 07:35
The Enable PC Actions just controls whether the players can target and drop rolls onto tokens and CT entries. It doesn't control the visibility of rolls.

It seems like you are trying to use a different model then the ones I built. Are you saying that you want to hide GM rolls, but still allow PCs to automatically know whether they hit/miss? (i.e. you want to be able to fudge NPC attacks, but not NPC defenses?)

Can you give me more information on what you would like to see, and some thoughts behind it? I want to understand, so I build the right options.

* Should GM rolls be visible (for characters)?
* Should GM roll results be visible (for characters)?
* Should GM rolls be visible (for NPCs)?
* Should GM roll results be visible (for NPCs)?
* Should PC rolls be visible?
* Should PC roll results be visible (vs. PCs)?
* Should PC roll results be visible (vs. NPCs)?

Right now, there are 3 options in 3.5E for showing GM/NPC actions:
* On = Show all rolls and results
* Rolls = Hide results of any rolls that originate or target an NPC.
* Off = Same as Rolls, but hide all GM rolls. Hidden rolls only display results to GM.

In F2F games that I played, I have typically seen these 3 scenarios, which is why they are the ones I modeled for the ruleset option.
* All rolls visible, and everyone knows the result hit/miss
* All rolls visible, but GM states results (allows more fudging)
* GM hides all rolls, and states results (allows a lot of fudging)

In 4E, there are 2 options:
* On = Show all rolls and results.
* Off = Hide all GM rolls and their results. Still shows results for PCs.

Regards,
JPG

DanLal
July 16th, 2011, 14:37
Fooling around testing the combat tracker (3.5).
I cast a a sonic spell on an Allip and set the Stunned effect on it for 10 rounds.
So I started clicking until the effect expired.
I got the message that the Stunned effect expired and also got this error,
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_effect.lua"]:110: bad argument #1 to 'gmatch' (string expected, got userdata)

Note: The Allip had 28 wounds (Was dead) when I was doing that.

Secondary Question: I noticed that the auto stabilization rule works for players and it doesn't for monsters like goblins. Was that intentional. I know undeads do not get to stabilized, but humanoids should.

drahkar
July 16th, 2011, 15:19
With stringfield, when you anchor it to a frame, it will ignore height and fill the entire windowclass in height. Which of course causes the majority of the control not be visible as the visibility is limited to the frame it is anchored within.

Example:

<genericcontrol name="sourcesframe">
<bounds>33,33,330,70</bounds>
<frame>
<name>sheetgroup</name>
</frame>
</genericcontrol>

<panelheader name="sourcesheader">
<anchored>
<left>
<parent>sourcesframe</parent>
<anchor>left</anchor>
<offset>25</offset>
</left>
<top>
<parent>sourcesframe</parent>
<anchor>insidetop</anchor>
<offset>-5</offset>
</top>
</anchored>
<static>Wielding Sources</static>
<font>sheetheadertext</font>
</panelheader>

<stringfield name="sourcename">
<anchored>
<to>sourcesheader</to>
<position>insideleft</position>
<offset>5,-10</offset>
<size>
<width>200</width>
<height>20</height>
</size>
</anchored>
<font>sourcefont</font>
<frame>
<name>textline</name>
<offset>0,1,0,0</offset>
</frame>
</stringfield>

Sigurd
July 16th, 2011, 16:55
I read your file request numbers with some interest.

Looking down the pipe, I can imagine FG would benefit from some tweeking for varied connection speeds. If you are doing the work now it might be worth it to think about a setting or something that reduces network demands either for a client on a bad line or a game on a bad night.

This is not urgent. The idea just makes sense to me.

It's been my experience that players with bad internet connections tend to destabilize the table a bit and drop out more often. If there was a way to selectively make them less demanding and perhaps more robust that would be good.

Moon Wizard
July 16th, 2011, 18:14
Auto Stabilization (DanLal)
Having the stabilization rules only apply to PCs is by design. In every campaign I've played in, the PCs are the only ones that the GM ever tracks. For NPCs, the GM will just make the call at the end of the combat as to whether the creature lived or died. (usually the PCs don't even bother to check)

Stringfield Position (drahkar)
In your example code, you are using the "insideleft" position, which actually sets the left, top and right anchors; which will cause height to be ignored. I think that you actually want the "insidetopleft" position.

Since the position tag does not seem to be well-documented from a quick review, here are the valid values for position, along with a number indicating the number of anchors set for that value:
above (3), aboveleft (2), aboveright (2),
below (3), belowleft (2), belowright (2),
left (3), lefthigh (2), leftlow (2)
right (3), righthigh (2), rightlow (2)
insidetop (3), insidetopleft (2), insidetopright (2)
insidebottom (3), insidebottomleft (2), insidebottomright (2)
insideleft (3), insideright (3)
over (4)
topleftcorner (2), toprightcorner (2),
bottomleftcorner (2), bottomrightcorner (2)

If 3 or more anchors are defined, then at least one of the size parameters will be ignored, since the edges are already defined.

Per Client Connection Throttling (Sigurd)
I think that the changes I made will improve the issues seen previously, since each client has their own communications and file request queues. The clients are essentially self-throttling. Also, the reconnect feature will save the day in many instances of temporary network connection issues.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 16th, 2011, 18:38
DanLal,

I wasn't able to recreate the script error with some quick tests. Can you give me more information? Can you recreate consistently?

* How did you apply effect? (manually added, applied from campaign effects, applied from spell)
* What was the text of the effect? (just 'Stunned', or more)
* What other settings did you have for the effect? (visibility flag (GM, Vsbl), application flag (All, Actn, Roll, Sngl), Duration, Initiative)
* If you can recreate consistently, can you walk me through the steps?

Thanks,
JPG

Trenloe
July 17th, 2011, 04:23
The Enable PC Actions just controls whether the players can target and drop rolls onto tokens and CT entries. It doesn't control the visibility of rolls.

It seems like you are trying to use a different model then the ones I built. Are you saying that you want to hide GM rolls, but still allow PCs to automatically know whether they hit/miss? (i.e. you want to be able to fudge NPC attacks, but not NPC defenses?)

Can you give me more information on what you would like to see, and some thoughts behind it? I want to understand, so I build the right options.

* Should GM rolls be visible (for characters)?
* Should GM roll results be visible (for characters)?
* Should GM rolls be visible (for NPCs)?
* Should GM roll results be visible (for NPCs)?
* Should PC rolls be visible?
* Should PC roll results be visible (vs. PCs)?
* Should PC roll results be visible (vs. NPCs)?

Right now, there are 3 options in 3.5E for showing GM/NPC actions:
* On = Show all rolls and results
* Rolls = Hide results of any rolls that originate or target an NPC.
* Off = Same as Rolls, but hide all GM rolls. Hidden rolls only display results to GM.

In F2F games that I played, I have typically seen these 3 scenarios, which is why they are the ones I modeled for the ruleset option.
* All rolls visible, and everyone knows the result hit/miss
* All rolls visible, but GM states results (allows more fudging)
* GM hides all rolls, and states results (allows a lot of fudging)

In 4E, there are 2 options:
* On = Show all rolls and results.
* Off = Hide all GM rolls and their results. Still shows results for PCs.

Regards,
JPG

Thanks for the detailed reply Moon Wizard - really appreciate you looking at this and showing the thought process behind it.

So I'm not clogging up the V2.8 thread, I've moved my response out of this thread to here:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14999

Cheers,

Martin.

Fenloh
July 17th, 2011, 10:20
Bandwidthproblem seems solved. With the QoS switched back on and the help of my router. The hint of DrZeuss helped a lot.

@DrZeuss
How can is set up the QoS and cap specific port ranges. I have done it on my router, but i havent found out how to deal with it localy. Maybe you could give me a hint via pm?

@JPG
as i was working on the SR4 Ruleset i saw that the "Story" (campaign/campaign_story.xml) is set to "encounters" (database and xml). Did you do that on purpose?

Fenloh

DanLal
July 17th, 2011, 16:54
DanLal,

I wasn't able to recreate the script error with some quick tests. Can you give me more information? Can you recreate consistently?

* How did you apply effect? (manually added, applied from campaign effects, applied from spell)
* What was the text of the effect? (just 'Stunned', or more)
* What other settings did you have for the effect? (visibility flag (GM, Vsbl), application flag (All, Actn, Roll, Sngl), Duration, Initiative)
* If you can recreate consistently, can you walk me through the steps?

Thanks,
JPG

Sorry I tried many times after and couldn't get it to fail again. It must have been a very unique situation when all the planets were aligned or something.

By the way the spell Sonic Burst, the duration is only 1 round. It's setup as duration equal to Caster Level when placed inthe character sheet

Zeus
July 17th, 2011, 19:58
@DrZeuss
How can is set up the QoS and cap specific port ranges. I have done it on my router, but i havent found out how to deal with it localy. Maybe you could give me a hint via pm?

It will depend on the particular make and implementation of QoS on your router, however on my NetGear router I have the option to specify bandwidth priority in the form of highest, high, normal, low and lowest. The QoS implementation on my router allows me to specify an application and/or game and the TCP/UDP ports it uses and to specify what priority should be assigned.

To change QoS on Windows, take a look at this page (https://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/109326-qos-bandwidth-reserve-limit.html) which discusses how to remove or change the 20% bandwidth reservation that Windows QoS sets-up by default.

Moon Wizard
July 17th, 2011, 22:01
Story/Encounters (Fenloh)
The encounters tag used internally for the database is actually prior to my involvement in FG. It was specified in the d20 ruleset, upon which almost every ruleset was based at one point.

Script Error (DanLal)
No worries. Just keep an eye out for me, and let me know when you see issues. I keep a short log of errors only seen once, just so I keep an eye out for how to recreate.

Regards,
JPG

Ikael
July 18th, 2011, 17:17
Just noticed that in FGII v2.8 extension load order is not handeled in the same way for both client and for host. The host loads everything in correct order, but for clients it's not working the same way. I am using the brand new loadorder-tag feature to setup load orders.

GeneralChaos
July 19th, 2011, 10:42
Noticed a weird thing today:

As GM: Tried to write an emote with CTRL+ALT+Enter and text came through as OOC every time.

Then later I tried to write a story message with CTRL+Enter. Story box appears, but my player name and green text appears.

/s message works normally.

Players moving tokens on a map with locked movement results in a script error:
Script error: [string "campaign/scripts/campaign_image.lua"]:170: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'dist' a string value.

Memory leak. 570MB RAM used towards end of 3 hour session. Producing a lot of combat tracker targetting related problems.
Such as one player unable to roll damage by double clicking damage/getting an error:
Script Error: [string "scripts/manager_action_damage.lua"]:340: bad argument #1 to 'ipairs' (table expected, got nil)
I believe in that exact case she was still targetting an entity that was deleted from the tracker. I couldn't (ever) using the Clear Host Targetting button.

Spells not getting updated stat bonuses from the tracker.
E.G. CL 10, Int 24 and in the tracker INT: 4 alchemical; INT: -11 (on two lines)
Spell deals CL/2xd6 + INT.
Dealing 5d6+7 damage, no mod taken from tracker changes.

Feature request: Expire 10 rounds of effects (to simulate passing minutes)

Despite all the problems my love it. :)

kdietri
July 19th, 2011, 12:05
[3.5 Request]

In the 4E ruleset, when you add an effect to a creature on the CT it puts a new blank effect line underneath all their current effects.

Could that be replicated for the 3.5E ruleset?

I like putting them in there manually as opposed to dragging them from the effect list.

demonsbane
July 19th, 2011, 12:47
I noticed that with the current 2.8 test version, isn't possible for me to see the bottom's content of some windows, such as Library Module Window and other FG2 windows containing long lists of items that require scrolling down for accessing to them.

Also, there is a problem in the Module Activation window: I can't open nor close library modules. What I get, instead, is dragging the window around instead interacting with the module's icon.

After testing this issue in two PCs both running the last 2.8 test version, I recorded a video showing both issues (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12554407/2_8_problem%20with%20the%20botton%20of%20windows%2 0and%20opening-closing%20modules.wmv).

drahkar
July 19th, 2011, 13:03
demonsbane -

You need to add:

end

To the moduleselectionentry_load.lua file.

Zeus
July 19th, 2011, 13:07
I noticed that with the current 2.8 test version, isn't possible for me to see the bottom's content of some windows, such as Library Module Window and other FG2 windows containing long lists of items that require scrolling down for accessing to them.

Also, there is a problem in the Module Activation window: I can't open nor close library modules. What I get, instead, is dragging the window around instead interacting with the module's icon.

After testing this issue in two PCs both running the last 2.8 test version, I recorded a video showing both issues (https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12554407/2_8_problem%20with%20the%20botton%20of%20windows%2 0and%20opening-closing%20modules.wmv).
EDIT: Drahkar beat me to it.

I suspect the GURPS ruleset needs updating to support the latest 2.8 API onDragStart() and onDrag() API changes to fix the module activation problem.

Not sure about the Library window scrolling issue but again suspect the ruleset needs updating to support 2.8. 4E and 3.5E Library windows scroll fine.

demonsbane
July 19th, 2011, 14:03
demonsbane -

You need to add:

end

To the moduleselectionentry_load.lua file.

Thank you drahkar,

I just did your suggested modification in the GURPS ruleset and it works. Now I can open and close modules.

-

I acknowledge that the specifics on this are far beyond my current programming capabilities, but I wonder why the d20 ruleset, that has the same lua code in the moduleselectionentry_load.lua file, doesn't need this addition on the part of the user, because under 2.8 it's possible to open and close modules in the d20 Module Activation window.
What I believe is that the only 2.8 supported rulesets are 4e and 3.5, but of course I must be missing something.

Not sure about the Library window scrolling issue but again suspect the ruleset needs updating to support 2.8. 4E and 3.5E Library windows scroll fine.

Maybe you are right, since the other issue remains, the one with the bottom's content of windows containing long lists of items that require scrolling down for accessing to them.

(Nevertheless, just for being clear, I completely lack of the programming skills needed for modifying a ruleset. Drahkar's suggestion has been my first modification of a lua file after all.)

EDIT: there is another problem in the display of the Library modules. The category titles appear in a wrong manner -all them stacked together- instead covering their respective contents:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12554407/Library%20module%20categories%20-%20juggled.jpg

I'm saying this for what is worth in the update of this ruleset to the 2.8 standards.

Sorcerer
July 19th, 2011, 16:21
As best I can tell, the problem with the library catogories is due to the change in how the onlistRearanged() function works in v2.8, i.e it is now only called when the list really changes.
if you look at the new 3.5E code you will see M_W has fixed this by moving what was previously in the onlistRearanged() function into a new function rebuildCategories() and then has set onListRearranged() to basically force the update.
Try replacing the onListRearranged() function (and the global categories = {}) in the library_booklist.lua file with the below code.
Its basically lifted from the New 3.5E, but doesn't use the nodemanager, as I wasn't sure if it is available in your ruleset or not.

local categories = {};
local UpdatingCategories = false;

function rebuildCategories()
-- Close all category headings
for k, v in pairs(categories) do
v.window.close();
end

categories = {};

-- Create new category headings
for k, v in ipairs(getWindows()) do
if v.getDatabaseNode() and v.getDatabaseNode().getChild("categoryname") then
local categoryname = v.getDatabaseNode().getChild("categoryname").getValue();

if not categories[categoryname] then
-- Create category header
local c = {};
c.window = createWindowWithClass("library_booklistcategory");
c.window.name.setValue(categoryname);

categories[categoryname] = c;
end
end
end

applySort();
end

function onListRearranged(listchanged)
if listchanged and not UpdatingCategories then
UpdatingCategories = true;
rebuildCategories();
UpdatingCategories = false;
end
end

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2011, 19:02
All of these items should work fine in older rulesets by default.

If you update the rulesets to 2.8 compatibility mode, then these changes should start affecting the ruleset, and you can find examples in the 3.5E ruleset of how to work with the changes. In general, the changes are cleaning up code that was a workaround or makes bad assumptions.

In the end, the changes improve performance and are more consistent with the stated intent of the APIs.

Regards,
JPG

Sorcerer
July 19th, 2011, 19:08
M_W as you say all of this works fine if the ruleset is set to an older root version number. no complaints it was all smooth sailing before I started tinkering...

I'm actually surprised by how may people are rushing to make things v2.8 compatible before v2.8 is actually live

I guess I also fall into that group, but in my defense I was already working on a ruleset update when you moved v2.8 to beta..

Moon Wizard
July 19th, 2011, 19:11
I'm actually very excited that you and other community ruleset developers are looking at v2.8. With your feedback, I've been able to make sure that the compatibility features are working, and that the API updates are getting sounded out as well.

Thanks,
JPG

Sorcerer
July 19th, 2011, 21:37
we're certainly grateful for all your hard work and support.
I guess the developers especially appreciate this, because we have some small inkling of the effort required to put this product out there.

just a quick question.

have you changed the archive format for the last 3.5E.pak you pushed out?
it loads and is working perfectly, but if I try to open it in winrar it reports that it is of an unknown format or damaged.
I re-downloaded a couple of times to no effect (and since FG accepts it I suppose it can't be damaged).

The 4E.pak (and all the others) still open normally so I'm guessing winrar is still working as normal

Moon Wizard
July 20th, 2011, 07:45
If you are having trouble opening the PAK files, use the FGPEM utility in the Downloads section. There are actually 2 PAK formats that FG supports, and only one is ZIP. I haven't changed anything specifically that I am aware of, so I'll have to look into why the other format is being used for 3.5E.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 20th, 2011, 09:55
Effects lines in CT (kdietri)
I actually removed the effect lines on purpose, since space in the CT is already at a premium. You can create a new effect, by simply pressing Enter while on an existing effect. Will this suffice?

Passing 10 rounds (GeneralChaos)
Per a previous very similar request, I added a radial menu to the round advancement button that allows 5,10,15 or 20 rounds to be skipped at once. Just right click on the round advancement button (spinning arrows near the round counter) to get the menu.

Cheers,
JPG

demonsbane
July 20th, 2011, 12:06
As best I can tell, the problem with the library catogories is due to the change in how the onlistRearanged() function works in v2.8, i.e it is now only called when the list really changes.
if you look at the new 3.5E code you will see M_W has fixed this by moving what was previously in the onlistRearanged() function into a new function rebuildCategories() and then has set onListRearranged() to basically force the update.
Try replacing the onListRearranged() function (and the global categories = {}) in the library_booklist.lua file with the below code.
Its basically lifted from the New 3.5E, but doesn't use the nodemanager, as I wasn't sure if it is available in your ruleset or not.

I'll try your suggested code replacement later. Thank you very much for your help.

I'm actually surprised by how may people are rushing to make things v2.8 compatible before v2.8 is actually live

My guess is that since this is a promising test version, a number of people is testing it! :)

drahkar
July 20th, 2011, 14:29
If you are having trouble opening the PAK files, use the FGPEM utility in the Downloads section. There are actually 2 PAK formats that FG supports, and only one is ZIP. I haven't changed anything specifically that I am aware of, so I'll have to look into why the other format is being used for 3.5E.

Cheers,
JPG

In the most recent release of the test version when you use the FGPEM utility to unpack the 3.5E Ruleset all it decompresses is the base.xml, gameelements.xml, some logo files and that's about it.

Sorcerer
July 20th, 2011, 16:21
I can confirm Drahkar's findings:

base.xml
gameelements.xml
license.html
and logo.png

are the only files that are extracted from the current 3.5E.pak file with the FGPEM tool.

Zeus
July 20th, 2011, 16:44

Cheers,
JPG

I don't think the format has changed JPG. I had an issue unpacking the 3.5E ruleset using WinRAR/WinZIP after the last 2.8 update but instead of using the FGPEM utility I re-updated FGII (even though the original update had reported no problems). Sure enough after the update the 3.5E.pak extracted OK with WinRAR/WinZIP.

I just re-tested it again with the latest 3.5E.pak and 4E.pak files, both unzip fine with WinRAR.

Sorcerer
July 20th, 2011, 17:56
sadly re-updating does not seem to help me- at least not at the moment. I'll try again later.

Ikael
July 20th, 2011, 19:03
I don't think the format has changed JPG. I had an issue unpacking the 3.5E ruleset using WinRAR/WinZIP after the last 2.8 update but instead of using the FGPEM utility I re-updated FGII (even though the original update had reported no problems). Sure enough after the update the 3.5E.pak extracted OK with WinRAR/WinZIP.

I just re-tested it again with the latest 3.5E.pak and 4E.pak files, both unzip fine with WinRAR.

I can confirm this, but in my case I had to re-update FG three times before I could open 3.5E.pak file, otherwise I got the same issue. 4E.pak has always opened for me without problems.

kdietri
July 20th, 2011, 20:44
Effects lines in CT (kdietri)
I actually removed the effect lines on purpose, since space in the CT is already at a premium. You can create a new effect, by simply pressing Enter while on an existing effect. Will this suffice?

Cheers,
JPG

Yep, that's perfect.

Thanks

Ikael
July 20th, 2011, 22:27
is Comm package's registerSlashCommand function working? I tried to register my slashcommands using it but I cannot use registered slashcommands after that at all. 3.5E ruleset for example just showed up the /help content when trying to use registered /calc slashcommand. Or maybe I am registering slashcommands wrongly. This is what I did:

Comm.registerSlashHandler("/calc", calculate)

and calculate is a function inside the same script file as registeration.

Moon Wizard
July 20th, 2011, 22:30
Don't use the slash in the command you are registering. Otherwise it will be looking for "//calc".

Cheers,
JPG

Ikael
July 20th, 2011, 22:52
Uh! I should have quessed that was the case! But ok, next I need to update all my function's to input two parameters intead of one, as in Comm's registeration will bypass slashcommand's name as first parameter and the real slashcommand's parameters as second parameters.

Moon Wizard
July 20th, 2011, 22:58
Yeah, sort of the fallout of pulling functionality into FG is that I generalize the API to make it more versatile, but it sometimes conflicts with current implementations.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 20th, 2011, 22:59
New test update:

Removed tooltip delay for token instances on maps.
Improved image positioning during mouse wheel zoom.
Invalid file name characters in module names would cause cache file write errors. Fixed.
Mouse wheel would not work on second monitor when primary monitor was rightmost. Fixed.
Client extension load order did not match host extension load order. Fixed.
Default message fields for non-OOC chat modes was incorrect when no character active (i.e. host). Fixed.
[DEV] Added Interface.onDesktopInit and Interface.onDesktopClose handlers
[DEV] Added modal parameter to Interface.openWindow
[DEV] Moved identityselection window popup into ruleset (2.8 compatibility)
[3.5E] When campaign first created, a dialog box will ask which game system.
[3.5E] New option to control action results visibility for clients.
[3.5E] Description text for feats and special abilities can be manually entered.
[3.5E] Script error when using pointers or locked movement on maps without a grid. Fixed.
[3.5E] Script error when making damage rolls with effects. Fixed.
[4E] When adding weapon from campaign items list, thrown weapons did not create ranged combat tab entry. Fixed.
[LAUNCHER] When password requested, it receives keyboard focus; and attempts submitted on Enter.

JPG

Trenloe
July 21st, 2011, 02:53
Mouse wheel would not work on second monitor when primary monitor was rightmost. Fixed.

This still doesn't work for me - tried adding wounds to an NPC in the combat tracker - monitor 1 (right) CTRL-Scrollwheel worked, monitor 2 (left) didn't work.

Windows 7 64bit, NVIDIA graphics card (if that helps in any way).

Martin.

Moon Wizard
July 21st, 2011, 08:06
Rats, the changes got smoothed over by another change. Next cycle.
JPG

DanLal
July 21st, 2011, 15:11
4.0E - In the Character sheet when you add a Power in the Power tab. The ICON for adding the power is a skull and bone icon, the same as deleting a power. I remember it being a different icon. The tips information is right and the function is right too. Just the icon.

demonsbane
July 21st, 2011, 20:21
Sharing images under 2.8:

The images shared by the GM doesn't always are 100% rightly transferred to the player by means of Share Sheet. But maybe this is only a glitch since I haven't been able to reproduce it afterwards.

GM's view:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12554407/28SharingGMView.jpg

Player's view -notice the empty horizontal space at the inferior part inside the image frame:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12554407/28SharingPlayerView.jpg

Sorcerer
July 21st, 2011, 20:29
was routing about inside the new launcher.pak, and I noticed that in the RulesetData file Castles and Crusades is credited to Chaosium /Digital Adventures - I guess you need to change that before Troll Lord Games get annoyed...

Moon Wizard
July 21st, 2011, 23:36
demonsbane,

I can't be certain from the small images, but it looks like the image fully transferred. However, it appears that the window is slightly too big on the client.

My guess is that this goes away once the window is resized, and the viewport zoom and size information get specifically set, instead of using the default viewport, zoom and size values. However, it's just a guess, and I haven't seen before. If so, you might be able to recreate by deleting the registry in the campaign folder, since the window position information gets stored there. However, this will also delete your client options (wheel, drag, dclk).

Let me know if the window is just too big, or the image is actually cut off. Also, if you ever are able to recreate, please let me know. I'll keep an eye out for the issue.

Regards,
JPG

unerwünscht
July 22nd, 2011, 00:04
Ok got my first error with FG using v2.8. It is a previously existing error, that I thought was already corrected. But facebook causes FG to lose its connections. With the growing popularity of facebook, it might be a good idea to look into changing the default ports used by Fantasy Grounds. I am aware of the fact that there is a command line for doing that, but for ease of use reasons it might be best to change the default.

demonsbane
July 22nd, 2011, 00:31
Let me know if the window is just too big, or the image is actually cut off.

Yes, you are explaining it better than myself: the window is a bit bigger than the contained shared image, and that was all. I don't think that the image was cut off or distorted in any way because the sharing.

By "updating sheet" in the sharing options from the GM server, the blank space disappears in the player's view, but in first place the image popped up in that way.

Also, if you ever are able to recreate, please let me know. I'll keep an eye out for the issue.

Ok.

Trenloe
July 22nd, 2011, 01:10
Ok got my first error with FG using v2.8. It is a previously existing error, that I thought was already corrected. But facebook causes FG to lose its connections. With the growing popularity of facebook, it might be a good idea to look into changing the default ports used by Fantasy Grounds. I am aware of the fact that there is a command line for doing that, but for ease of use reasons it might be best to change the default.

But as far as I'm aware Facebook uses HTTP - Port 80. So, unless somone is using some app within Facebook that uses port TCP 1802, I can't see how this would effect Fantasy Grounds.

Is it one player running Facebook and just them get disconnected?

unerwünscht
July 22nd, 2011, 03:00
Trying to update a lite license to the newest patch and getting 'Error processing package manifest".

DanLal
July 22nd, 2011, 15:36
In 4.0e, previously, I was able to resize a token on a map, when I presses CTRL and used the mouse wheel. Now it resizes the whole map instead.

Moon Wizard
July 22nd, 2011, 19:16
Facebook connection issue (unerwunscht)
Given that we haven't been able to reproduce in-house, it's hard to say what about Facebook causes the connection problems. I'm not convinced that it is a port issue, since Facebook should be using client socket port ranges to connect to port 80 on the FB server. Another theory that I have is that certain Facebook implementations use up all the bandwidth or client network connections, thus starving FG or other network apps.

For now, I suggest turning off Facebook while using FG, just like I would suggest disabling other bandwidth intensive apps, such as BitTorrent.

If you can find a specific Facebook scenario (probably an app, not the core site) that kills the connection every time, please let me know, and I'll be able to zero in on what the interaction issue is. Otherwise, I can only keep my eyes out for related items.

Error processing package manifest (unerwunscht)
We believe this error is caused by server load, but have been unable to reproduce consistently. It's part of the server-side updater system, and I haven't delved into that system yet.

The workaround for now is to try again until the update completes successfully.

Regards,
JPG

unerwünscht
July 22nd, 2011, 20:25
Still getting the Error processing package manifest, so I am guessing its not a server load issue. (you have .txt blocked from uploads here) https://www.trinityintrigue.com/DxDiag.txt is a DxDiag from that system if it helps you any at all.

DanLal
July 23rd, 2011, 01:01
Also notice in 4.0E that if you simply put your cursor on the icon, you can't rotate it, when using your mouse wheel. It simply zooms in or out the whole map.

Trenloe
July 23rd, 2011, 01:13
In 4.0e, previously, I was able to resize a token on a map, when I presses CTRL and used the mouse wheel. Now it resizes the whole map instead.

Also notice in 4.0E that if you simply put your cursor on the icon, you can't rotate it, when using your mouse wheel. It simply zooms in or out the whole map.

Both of these work fine for me. Are you sure you aren't experiencing the focus issue Fantasy Grounds can have? When you experience this issue, ALT-TAB out of FG and then ALT-TAB back in. Or, if you're using two monitors - move the FG window to the main screen (screen #1) until Moon Wizard updates the fix for that...

DanLal
July 23rd, 2011, 16:47
Both of these work fine for me. Are you sure you aren't experiencing the focus issue Fantasy Grounds can have? When you experience this issue, ALT-TAB out of FG and then ALT-TAB back in. Or, if you're using two monitors - move the FG window to the main screen (screen #1) until Moon Wizard updates the fix for that...

The ALT-TAB trick works. Thanks! And I was on the main monitor. It worked fine a few updates ago. At least i have a trick now until the fix.

Blackfoot
July 24th, 2011, 23:50
Thank you drahkar,

I just did your suggested modification in the GURPS ruleset and it works. Now I can open and close modules.

-

I acknowledge that the specifics on this are far beyond my current programming capabilities, but I wonder why the d20 ruleset, that has the same lua code in the moduleselectionentry_load.lua file, doesn't need this addition on the part of the user, because under 2.8 it's possible to open and close modules in the d20 Module Activation window.
What I believe is that the only 2.8 supported rulesets are 4e and 3.5, but of course I must be missing something.

Maybe you are right, since the other issue remains, the one with the bottom's content of windows containing long lists of items that require scrolling down for accessing to them.

(Nevertheless, just for being clear, I completely lack of the programming skills needed for modifying a ruleset. Drahkar's suggestion has been my first modification of a lua file after all.)

EDIT: there is another problem in the display of the Library modules. The category titles appear in a wrong manner -all them stacked together- instead covering their respective contents:

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/12554407/Library%20module%20categories%20-%20juggled.jpg

I'm saying this for what is worth in the update of this ruleset to the 2.8 standards.I'm not sure I understood the answer to this question. I am seeing this problem as well.

Moon Wizard
July 25th, 2011, 07:07
You should only see this issue with rulesets that have been modified to have the 2.8 compatibility tag, without updating the library window to use the revised example code provided in the new 3.5E ruleset.

The changes are specifically in the LUA code, since the onListRearranged event only fires when the list order actually changes in v2.8 compatibility mode.

Regards,
JPG

Blackfoot
July 25th, 2011, 14:38
You should only see this issue with rulesets that have been modified to have the 2.8 compatibility tag, without updating the library window to use the revised example code provided in the new 3.5E ruleset.

The changes are specifically in the LUA code, since the onListRearranged event only fires when the list order actually changes in v2.8 compatibility mode.

Regards,
JPGThat somewhat helped.. now the different groups are spaced correctly but the actual headers don't display.

EDIT: I went back and added Sorcerer's bit of code to the ruleset and it fixed the problem.. (made it 2.8 compatible...) but running in 2.0 mode it was still tweaky.

Moon Wizard
July 27th, 2011, 03:14
Very minor update.

Mouse events on multiple monitors not working in some scenatios. Fixed. Again.
[4E] Icon for add power menu option wrong. Fixed.
[LAUNCHER] Wrong publisher listed for Castles and Crusades. Fixed.

I think we're getting very close. If no major issues in next day or so, I plan to push to release.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
July 27th, 2011, 03:27
Mouse events on multiple monitors not working in some scenatios. Fixed. Again.

That fixes the monitor issue for me! Thanks. :)

Moon Wizard
July 27th, 2011, 07:53
Thanks for the confirmation. Since my multi-monitor setup is temporary (borrowing wife's monitor), it was not something I always had access to test on.

Regards,
JPG

Fenloh
July 27th, 2011, 09:46
Mouse Issue ist fixed for me too. Thanks a lot!

Fenloh

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2011, 00:27
Another minor update.

[3.5E] Minor character sheet list behavior improvements (inventory, languages, feats, SA)
[3.5E] Unable to create new sub-skills by pressing Enter. Fixed.
[3.5E] Script error when convering older campaigns. Fixed.

JPG

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2011, 00:30
Also, you can download the updated Tale of Dinor sample campaign here. I will be posting in the Downloads section when we migrate to v2.8.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/filelibrary/ExampleCampaign.zip

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2011, 00:37
Another quick update.

Modules added for Pathfinder Basic Rules and Bestiary data.

JPG

kdietri
July 28th, 2011, 01:26
[3.5 Request]
Would it be possible to have a check-box on the character sheet or CT, that would hide a Character's hit points from other characters.

Or if hit point visibility was tied to the face color option on CT.

I know you can do it universally, but it would be nice to do it individually, as I've found it easier to input certain NPC's on character sheets, especially NPC's with a lot of spells or spell-like abilities.

[3.5 Request]
An immediate/swift action check-box on the CT similar to 4E.

Trenloe
July 28th, 2011, 01:44
Another quick update.

Modules added for Pathfinder Basic Rules and Bestiary data.

JPG

I'm loving these Pathfinder updates! :-)

A couple of things re the modules:

Creature Multiple Attacks - these come through seperated by a comma, so they are seen as one attack. Also, this is not seperated into Attack and Full Attack.
Pathfinder Spells - Any plans to produce a module specific to Pathfinder spell? I see the link in the Pathfinder Rules module is to the 3.5E spells. I know they're pretty similar - but there are some differences (some spells removed/added etc).

Thanks for all the hard work on this - and the "out-of-the-blue" Pathfinder updates! :D

unerwünscht
July 28th, 2011, 01:56
Not that this is a major issue once 2.8 goes live and everyone updates. But I did notice today that if I am running 2.8 and try to connect to a host running 2.7 FG sucks up 99% of all system resources and hangs. Waited 10 minutes on each machine and never got an error. Tried on three computers.

I know that if you try the connection the other direction you get an incompatible version error. I figured the same would be true this way as well.

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2011, 02:07
Pathfinder modules (Trenloe)
I don't think I will have time to generate a spell or magic items module prior to release, given that I'm trying to release this week. However, it is on our short list.

Connection to previous version host (unerwunscht)
I haven't tested this scenario. I'll take a look, and see if it is a quick patch. As you mentioned, it should be low incidence.

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2011, 02:09
Hidden hit points (kdietri)
How about hiding the hit point specifics if the faction is set to non-friendly? That way if a CT entry is set to enemy or neutral, hit point visibility will be treated the same as NPC.

Regards,
JPG

Trenloe
July 28th, 2011, 03:18
Pathfinder modules (Trenloe)
I don't think I will have time to generate a spell or magic items module prior to release, given that I'm trying to release this week. However, it is on our short list.

No worries at all - getting those Pathfinder mods was a surprise and a great bonus, so I was feeling a bit ungrateful immediately asking for more! :)

kdietri
July 28th, 2011, 03:20
Hidden hit points (kdietri)
How about hiding the hit point specifics if the faction is set to non-friendly? That way if a CT entry is set to enemy or neutral, hit point visibility will be treated the same as NPC.

Regards,
JPG

That would be perfect!

Leonal
July 28th, 2011, 03:27
Enjoying the new PF module updates! (Note: I think the existing community created PF modules are awesome, but having them integrated makes it easier for new players/GMs.)

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2011, 05:57
Hopefully, this will allow PF community contributors to focus on the non-core PF material that is available for disttribution.

Cheers,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2011, 06:04
Another minor update.

Immediate/swift action checkbox added to CT entries.
Health visibility option changed from PC to Friendly.

I was unable to address the 2.8 client hang when connecting to 2.7 server. I had to change the way that part of the communications was handled, and the version checking code changed in a way that is not backward compatible.

Regards,
JPG

CrazyGoblinoid
July 28th, 2011, 07:15
Hi JPG, thanks for all your good work :)

Am I right to assume that https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide4E/ref_effects_4E.xcp is how effects will work in the new 3.5e/PF?

Or are they still simplified?

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2011, 08:52
The effects are implemented with the same code, but some of the effects are slightly different for 3.5E. I've slowly been working on a 3.5E manual in between working on other aspects of v2.8.

I hope to have something up in the next week or so for the new 3.5E changes.

Regards,
JPG

viresanimi
July 28th, 2011, 12:28
Just so I understand it... is Pathfinder now a core part of the 3.5 ruleset, in the sense that pathfinder extentions are no longer needed?

Vires Animi

Leonal
July 28th, 2011, 12:51
In 2.8 you don't need an extension, true.

viresanimi
July 28th, 2011, 12:58
Sweeeeeeeet!

Blackfoot
July 28th, 2011, 14:23
Is it not desirable for players to be able to build in modifiers? It might be a little late in the game to add this for 2.8 but I've seen this capability available in other rulesets... it seemed useful.
What do you folks think?

Blackfoot
July 28th, 2011, 14:25
There is a slight glitch where hitting alt/tab locks the chat window into OOC mode... hitting any of the 3 (alt/shift/ctrl) clear this.. but it is there.

EDIT: Actually.. it doesn't lock it to OOC .. it just changes the text to read OOC without actually doing anything.

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2011, 16:42
Minor refresh to change wording in a few places. Links from PF modules will need to be redone.

Regards,
JPG

tattoocory
July 28th, 2011, 19:00
I am very excited for this to release; I've been playing around with the test, and I am not very computer smart therefore I know nothing about the programing stuff, however, this is amazing. I can't thank you enough for all the hard work you are doing. Just wanted to say thanks, and looks good.

tattoocory
July 28th, 2011, 19:03
P.S. just wondering if there is a /slash command that will allow the players to whisper to eachother?

Mellock
July 28th, 2011, 19:08
P.S. just wondering if there is a /slash command that will allow the players to whisper to eachother?

/whisper charactername whisperedtext should do it.
/w charactername whisperedtext does the same. :)

More commands at https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide4E/player_chat.xcp

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2011, 20:16
There's also a /reply or /r in the v2.8 version that will whisper to the last person who whispered you.

Chugging through the manual changes right now.

Cheers,
JPG

Ikael
July 28th, 2011, 20:43
Just noticed that I cannot enable mask on images on newest 2.8. This happens with 4E and in my custom ruleset.

Moon Wizard
July 28th, 2011, 23:26
Just tried in both 3.5E and 4E without any issues. Perhaps one of the extensions you are using is not working?

Regards,
JPG

Satan
July 29th, 2011, 00:44
In 3.5 when casting a spell, the prepared/available markers is not checked.

tattoocory
July 29th, 2011, 05:08
Just noticed that I cannot enable mask on images on newest 2.8. This happens with 4E and in my custom ruleset.

I had this same problem, but it seemed to go away when I had clients join up for a game, then everything worked fine. Also, I was having other problems, but by turning off all my extensions for now seem to have fixed things, so that could be the problem as well. Everything is working good for me now

unerwünscht
July 29th, 2011, 06:53
Had a lot of issues with the game tonight. Not sure if any of them are issues with this build or not. But loading large maps would lock up both my PC and players PCs while they transferred. Also had random disconnect issues with two players, but that could have been their ISPs.

Also issues with the dice automation not detecting player targets even tho the combat tracker listed their target correctly.

Ikael
July 29th, 2011, 10:07
Just tried in both 3.5E and 4E without any issues. Perhaps one of the extensions you are using is not working?

Regards,
JPG

Okay, I don't know what the issue was but now it's working again, strange. But tell me, do I actually have to have image to be able mask it? Somehow I recall that previously any imagecontrol could be masked even if it was not bind to image, but now it seems to be impossible.

This remainds me, I had one feature request (I hope this is suitable place to post it): Feature to setup a window be uncloseable by user interface. I mean that there could be a tag and/or lua function that would prevent window from having 'close' radial-manu option and upper-right 'close' button. But of course, window should be closeable via programming way.

This feature first came to my mind after developing custom combat tracker that could be shared, but not in traditional way (making the window shareable in xml). I shared the window by sending OOB messages (declaring that combat tracker is shared) to clients and on clients side they had logic of what windowclass should be used to open the combat tracker (and they called Interface.openWindow to open it). The issue here was that they had options to close the window because it was opened manually and not shared in traditional way. It was meant that only host could close everybody's window by sending another OOB message (declaring that everybody's combat tracker windowclass should be closed).

I can also think other situations where this could be used, for example in boardgame rulesets: when player/host login a window is opened automatically for him/her but it cannot be closed because it's vital for the game. The window could be minimized, but never closed because you should be able to know anytime when things have changed inside that window.

unerwünscht
July 29th, 2011, 11:39
Update on my game: The players were dragging to roll when it wasn't working and clicking to roll when it was. Any chance we can get drag rolls to honor the target system as well?

The large maps also manage to hang my system when I load them with noone connected, and even after the load applying a mask, and removing masked areas takes a long time to update. This looks like something I can get past by splitting my maps into smaller maps, however I like the larger maps more.

Also I would like to agree on the casting post... I think it would be great if casting a spell would tick the spell used.

I will be doing some more intense testing of everything in a little while, so if I am loading you with too many bugs/questions/requests please let me know, and I will stop.

drahkar
July 29th, 2011, 14:32
The large maps also manage to hang my system when I load them with noone connected, and even after the load applying a mask, and removing masked areas takes a long time to update. This looks like something I can get past by splitting my maps into smaller maps, however I like the larger maps more.

When you say large maps, how large are we taking? What is the pixel size and the file size?

demonsbane
July 29th, 2011, 16:18
Thanks for the confirmation. Since my multi-monitor setup is temporary (borrowing wife's monitor), it was not something I always had access to test on.

Maybe this is an off-topic comment, but I don't know if this was commented in any whishlist before:

If you run FG2 in a multi-monitor setup, when you maximize the app's window, it switches back to a single monitor (the primary one). For actually running FG2 along two (or more, I guess) monitors, the app needs to run under windowed mode . . .

But it would be good to allow a multi-monitor maximization, since the window frames eats space from the FG2 desktop.

(Again, I wonder if this issue has or will have something to do with the 2.8 release.)

Moon Wizard
July 29th, 2011, 17:45
Checking off spells on cast (Satan)

Using the cast button on a spell should not check the used value (or spend points). The reason why is that the spell would be removed from view in combat mode (or mini sheet), and the user will still need the spell details to resolve the spell (i.e. heal, damage, effects). The cast button is more of an action mechanism to indicate targeting, make attack rolls, make CL checks for SR and force saves when necessary.

Multi-monitor maximize (demonsbane)

I believe this is standard behavior for DX applications (maximize to single screen, windowed can be stretched). I think we would also see some issues with trying to maximize multi-monitor, when monitor sizes vary.

Drag roll targeting (unerwunscht)

The drag roll system is specifically designed to be able to drop your roll on a specific target in the CT or map (regardless of targeting settings). This allows the GM and players to have a specified "target", but still make rolls against other targets as needed (i.e. opportunity attacks).

Regards,
JPG

Moon Wizard
July 30th, 2011, 02:27
Pushing live in the next 15 minutes. Installers and online manuals already updated.

Cheers,
JPG

phantomwhale
July 30th, 2011, 09:13
Got it ! But... seeing a version mismatch on the front page :

https://i.imgur.com/mNseJl.jpg (https://imgur.com/mNseJ)

Probably just a textual thing - but might confuse others too ?

Moon Wizard
July 30th, 2011, 10:47
The version number should be 2.8.0. It's embedded in the application. It looks like perhaps the patch notes updated, but the client did not.

Regards,
JPG

Leonal
July 30th, 2011, 12:10
I'm not 100% sure, but the latest test (if it's the same as release) doesn't save maps from modules.

Edit. It happened in one campaign, but not others.

Leonal
July 30th, 2011, 13:53
I can't seem to mark which 0-level spells are memorized for PF characters.

Moon Wizard
July 30th, 2011, 18:11
Send me the module to [email protected]
I'll see if I can spot anything.

On the 0-level spells, they are at-will abilities in PF, as far as I can tell from the core rulebook. So, they are set up that way in the Ruleset.

Thanks,
JPG

Leonal
July 30th, 2011, 18:28
0-lvl spells are at will, but you have to select which ones you memorize for non-spontaneous casters. 3 at lvl 1 and so on.

Actually I don't think it's the module. FG makes the campaign folder read only when I start it, and changes made doesn't get saved. So we had to redo whatever changes that happened in today's session. Not too much of a biggie, but it's acting weird, and "empties" the db.xml file on exit. (It's kept in the backup though).

First time I've encountered anything like this.

Moon Wizard
July 30th, 2011, 18:33
That is strange. Perhaps a folder permissions issue? Does this happen on a new campaign or a different campaign?

I'll add the memorized 0-level selection to the fix list for the next version.

Thanks,
JPG

Leonal
July 30th, 2011, 18:43
Only to this existing campaign it seems.

I open it and it's ok.
I type /save and the db.xml is shrunk by 200kb (from 1215kb).
If I return to Launcher and open again, the characters/npcs/story elements are gone.
Exit again and the db.xml file is 4-5kb.

Edit: I thought I should add, in this campaign I added a character with the latest FG character importer from Herolab.

Moon Wizard
July 30th, 2011, 19:18
There might be an issue with the import. Can you send me a copy of the character for Hero Lab?

Thanks,
JPG

Blackfoot
July 30th, 2011, 19:55
It doesn't seem to want to save my configuration (sizing) for the character selection box on the client side.

Blackfoot
July 30th, 2011, 20:22
Hmm.. dragged a weapon info box onto it's damage box and released.. seems to have crashed it nicely.

Blackfoot
July 30th, 2011, 21:36
I'm full of good stuff today .. (better late than never?)
in the PF ruleset... some casters .. (cleric/druid at least) you must select which level 0 spells you can cast that day but then you can cast them as often as you like. That option isn't really there... it can, of course, be done manually.

Moon Wizard
July 30th, 2011, 23:30
Character selection box saved position (Blackfoot)
The character selection box deliberately does not save its size, since it is the modal window that pops open upon login. When it was allowed to save, you could have situations where the modal state combined with a position/size that was off-screen could make it appear that FG was not responding.

Drag crash? (Blackfoot)
Just tried on my campaign, and it just creates another weapon. Is it a full FG crash, or a script error? Either way, could you send me a copy of db.xml and which character/weapon causes the problem?

Memorized casters with 0-level spells (Blackfoot, Leonal)
Leonal just brought this up as well. It's the first item on my fix list for the next version of the 3.5E ruleset.

Thanks,
JPG

Leonal
July 31st, 2011, 00:34
I sent you a copy of two characters I had imported. When I deleted the one I assumed was causing the issue, it seems to have fixed the problem. Hopefully it will remain stable. Maybe you'll find what's causing the issue from the files I sent.

Thanks!

Dracenfels
July 31st, 2011, 18:23
Just wanted to pass this along. I don't know if anyone else has reported this but getting many errors when using NPCs. Specifically from mod files like adventure modules or mods like monster manual for 4e. When you click to open up the NPC card with the monster stats it opens up that white page of errors. It does load the NPCs card and it seems to work but I haven't had anyone log into me yet. I will let you know after my game today if it causes other issues. I could also send you a copy of the error messages if you want let me know.

Moon Wizard
July 31st, 2011, 18:30
Yes, please post or send me a copy of the errors. There is a Copy To Clipboard menu option in the FG error console window.

I haven't seen any errors in my 4E game that just wrapped up, so I'll need more info.

Regards,
JPG

Zeus
July 31st, 2011, 18:49
@Dracenfels: If you are by chance running the 4E Personalities extension, then the problem is down to a bug in the extension that's only just surfaced with the release of 2.8. I am working on a fix and will update shortly.

Moon Wizard
July 31st, 2011, 19:06
Leonal,

Found an issue with the character converter on that file which corrupts the database in a way that FG doesn't notice. We're looking into it, but I would not use the character converter for HL PFRPG characters until we find it.

Thanks,
JPG

Griogre
July 31st, 2011, 22:47
Edit: Though of something, could be my fault. I'll report back after my next game.

Zeus
July 31st, 2011, 23:04
@Griogre: I don't recognise the error messages in your post as related to the 4E Personalities extension (they look like they might be ruleset script errors).

I did recently track down a bug in 4E Personalities (referred to in one of the above posts) for Traps/Vehicles (NPCs were OK) where spurious control anchoring error messages were being logged to the console log when a window was opened or Power list entries were updated. I have since fixed the bug but am holding back on releasing an update just in case any more bugs have surfaced.

With regards to clicking/dragging attack/damage rolls directly from the NPC sheet, they appear to be working OK for me.

I would check the console log and verify that no Warning messages were logged when the ruleset was loaded (look for warnings about ruleset files not being loaded).

Leonal
July 31st, 2011, 23:19
Leonal,

Found an issue with the character converter on that file which corrupts the database in a way that FG doesn't notice. We're looking into it, but I would not use the character converter for HL PFRPG characters until we find it.

Thanks,
JPG

Thanks for looking into it!

Zeus
August 1st, 2011, 00:17
@Dracenfels/@Griogre: I have updated the 4E Personalities extension. Latest version addresses the issues some users were experiencing with Traps/Vehicles under v2.8. You can grab the latest version from my site (see sig).

Dracenfels
August 1st, 2011, 05:38
Ok, so I finished my game tonight and had many problems. I'll just lay them out for you guys to be aware of and if I'm not specific enough I'll try to answer your questions... I'll try the personalities Dr Zeuss thanks. Someone said there was an issue with the Fumbles/Crit tables too?

Ok so besides the errors on personalities...

I had many connectivity issues that were not happening last week. Everyone was experience lag, except me. Server side and client side crashes. Chat screen issues like seeing some messages appear on screen but not others (even after waiting for lag). On my end not my player's it seems, my mouse was not accurately targeting tokens on map, tokens on CT, modifier box for mouse wheel scrolling, etc. In order to do things like rotate, resize, or move a token for example I'd have to put my mouse just under token and slightly to the right of it. As opposed to normally just hovering my mouse over the center of the token.

Another weird occurrence was trying to share maps. Two maps that I had previously shared with my group did not share correctly. I think two of my players received the map but 4 of them did not get the maps. We worked around it and I had them open the maps on their end instead and they got it. However the tokens were not being seen right away when I placed them...could have been due to lag though. Then curiously enough when I shared a new map with everyone, it took a while but everyone got it.

Moon Wizard
August 1st, 2011, 06:16
In general, beta testers prior to release were seeing improved performance, so this is puzzling.

Make sure to save off the console.log file, whenever you have a crash and before you restart FG. Also, if you set the -n command line parameter for FG, the program will log all network communication, not just errors. It does slow performance somewhat, which is why it's a command line parameter.

On the mouse issue, can you answer the questions in this other thread?
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15104

Thanks,
JPG

Fenloh
August 1st, 2011, 13:45
Hi,

there were also many Lag Problems in the German Community, but most of them were solved after Players deleted their Cache and downloaded the Campaign again.

Some of them still had that Problem. After they have started a new campaign and manually copied Characters and Noted from the Old DB to the New one it worked well too. We have not testet if it also works with NPCs, but Images, especially with Tokens on them were an issue, so we have just left them out and copied the images Folder.

Fenloh

Dracenfels
August 2nd, 2011, 06:03
The personalities seemed to fix the errors haven't tested with players yet though but should be fine. Thanks Dr Zuess.

Also aside from the few problems, all in all a great update. Nice job with giving us the ability to add NPCs to the maps without cluttering up the CT. Fantastic job guys, keep up the good work!

GeneralChaos
August 2nd, 2011, 14:57
Odd fault with spells.

Player has STR: -2; INT: 4 on the CT, and is using a spell that deals 2/CL+n damage (a flat number).

When he rolls the damage he gets the -1 from the STR penalty on the CT, and doesn't. IF we change it to INT+n (manually calculate level instead of int) then it works fine. INT added, STR not removed.

Moon Wizard
August 2nd, 2011, 17:38
Got it, all damage rolls were being given a default stat of STR, even if from a spell. (which should have no default stat) Will be in the next update.

Thanks,
JPG

Satan
August 2nd, 2011, 23:31
[quote=moon_wizard]Checking off spells on cast (Satan)

Using the cast button on a spell should not check the used value (or spend points). The reason why is that the spell would be removed from view in combat mode (or mini sheet), and the user will still need the spell details to resolve the spell (i.e. heal, damage, effects). The cast button is more of an action mechanism to indicate targeting, make attack rolls, make CL checks for SR and force saves when necessary.

Hi Moon_wizard,
Sorry for the late reply, personally I would prefer the auto checked value over the removal of checked items, but I do see your point.

But I noticed ranged attacks with ammo don't get autochecked either, is this on purpose, i seem to remember they did in d20_JPG

Is it possible to add a opportunity aplication to effects, that would activate the effect against opportunity attacks f.ex. the mobility feat in 3.5E?

Is it possible for FG to remember the state and size it was closed with? So when opening it will restore the size?

I must admit i am very impressed with the current update :)

Best regards
Jacob

Moon Wizard
August 3rd, 2011, 05:27
* As far as I remember, the ammo did not auto-decrement in d20_JPG. Many of the changes to the new 3.5E ruleset came from my work on d20_JPG.

* There is an optional opportunity tag for the AC effect. Check out the modifiers section in the manual.
https://www.fantasygrounds.com/userguide35E/ref_effects_35E.xcp

* The size of the FG window is not currently remembered, and always opens at the default size. I will add your request to the wish list.

Cheers,
JPG

Oberoten
January 14th, 2012, 22:19
I have found a small niggling but OH-SO-Annoying problem...

the /m and /mood commands no longer allows you to set a persistant mood for a NPC as a GM.

The error transfers through the 3.5E set, the 4E as well as other rulesets with the 2.8 flag set.

Before the GM could set a mood by

/m (Persistant Mood)

And it'd stick around until cleared by /m. It no longer does.

phantomwhale
January 14th, 2012, 22:47
Before the GM could set a mood by

/m (Persistant Mood)

And it'd stick around until cleared by /m. It no longer does.

Had a quick look at SWEX - and yeah, "mood" is built into the FGII core engine, so this will effect any ruleset that declares v2.8 compatibility, such as the ones you listed.

To clarify, the /m command when followed by either a single word mood parameter or a multi-word mood parameter that was surround by parentheses, but without any chat words, would set that mood as the persistent mood. This would apply the mood to all future chat until a simple "/m" command was run.

Quick test in SWEX 3.2 confirms persistent mood no longer works there either.