PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion - AND Solution!

Iceman
June 21st, 2011, 21:11
I am so proud of myself! Most of the time I only create problems, not solutions. But I believe I have the solution to an earlier problem I posed.

I am having difficulty in organizing my campaign effectively due to its size. In fact, even with only one major city that is not quite complete I find that I still have to scroll down for so long that I develop carpal tunnel syndrome five and six times a game session.

I think that if the HEADLINE TITLE TEXT option allowed for a + and - feature, much like lines of code in a program, so that you could hit + and expand that section or hit - and then just see the title of that section, the problem would be half solved.

When integrated with a CTRL-F function to FIND a word or phrase then I think this would allow for really big modules to be easily organized, displayed and then played.

Currently my players only use CTRL-F to tell me to go F myself......

Doswelk
June 22nd, 2011, 11:25
One of the most useful features in the SW ruleset is indeed the sw_referenceinlineindex or in human terms the little + sign next to a heading.

Find would be very nice

Callum
June 22nd, 2011, 11:26
Another way of achieving this is to have each title as a link which opens a separate page holding the body text.

Doswelk
June 23rd, 2011, 00:13
yes but the folding text means less open windows :)

Iceman
June 23rd, 2011, 13:48
I also got introduced to 4e on FG2. They have a cool dice tower. We should have one in 3.5 as well.

Sorcerer
June 23rd, 2011, 13:58
The Dice Tower is in the new version of 3.5E which is currently in open beta testing.

Formal release date depends on the number of bugs/issues found, but
Moon_Wizard has stated that he believes it should go live (With FGv2.8) in August - thats the target at least.

The New 3.5E has a whole range of new features, bringing it up to date with teh smae sort of funtionality as the 4E ruleset.

Iceman
July 4th, 2011, 17:55
Additionally it would be great to have a DM operated circular highlighter. I could show a map and activate the highlighter and then anywhere my cursor went that area would be highlighted, so I could talk about it. I saw this in a webinar and it would be a really cool addition for a future version!

Trenloe
July 5th, 2011, 04:05
Additionally it would be great to have a DM operated circular highlighter. I could show a map and activate the highlighter and then anywhere my cursor went that area would be highlighted, so I could talk about it. I saw this in a webinar and it would be a really cool addition for a future version!

That would be nice - although your highlight area would move around if you needed to do something else with your mouse while talking!

I just use the hand-pointer token from the "Miscellaneous" token bag. I drag that around on the image as I talk about stuff - works pretty well...