PDA

View Full Version : Seasons in Eirstihd

krazydave
June 18th, 2011, 18:55
I'm starting a game utilizing the ruleset provided by Basic Fantasy RPG. All of the rules can be found here (https://www.basicfantasy.org/). We are utilizing the core rules plus the following supplements:

*Assassins
*Druids
*Illusionists
*Fighter Sub-Classes
*Gnomes
*Half-Humans
*0 Level Spells
*Armor and Shields (minus piecemeal armor)
*Backgrounds and Specialties (minus specialties)
*Combat Options
*Equipment Packs
*Thief Options

Basic Fantasy RPG is a retro-clone of old 0e-2e rules but updated with "modern" mechanics (ie, d20 rules). The game is fantastically simplistic, getting out of the way mechanically and encouraging players to be creative with their choices. If you've never played under an "old school" ruleset, this is your opportunity to experience the fun.

This game will take place in a world I have created called Eirstihd. The style of the game will be a narrative sandbox. So basically, I run games that are story oriented in an open world for you to explore. I don't railroad players. I let the characters take the plot places. I typically pepper a world with possible plot hooks and leave it totally up to players to engage. If you like games fueled by characters choices, this will be a good place for you.

A small version of the map can be found here (https://i1127.photobucket.com/albums/l625/krayzdave/Eirstihd.png).

A brief description of the game:

Eirstihd is an island in trouble. Glail, the Kingdom of Men, is currently shaken from the news that King Agurst has fallen deathly ill. This would be grievous enough news if his heir, Cormac, had not been missing for almost a year since he went on a sea voyage to the Outlands. The news concerning Argus has spread beyond the towns of men and bad reports seem to be creeping out of every crevice of Eirstihd. Kobold spies report back to their dragon masters, bands of ogres have been seen moving over the hills of the Inner Coastlands, even rumors of orc sightings (who were thought to have been exterminated in the Blackwood Wars) are whispered by elven merchants to their human customers. A call for true heroes has gone out in the town of Doan. Are you one of those heroes? (It's cheesy, but you get the idea!)

Sessions will be on Mondays (I know, difficult for most) from 11am-ish to 5pm (hard stop)PST (I live in Seattle).

Respond to this thread if you are interested.