PDA

View Full Version : Dance and Seduction

RKBrumbelow
June 16th, 2011, 03:20
Think of the character Salome, who danced to seduce her father and so had John the Baptist beheaded.

Now Dancing in SW is a general knowledge (smarts) check, but I see this as a combination of persuasion, agility and knowledge. So the question is should I create a new skill for this character maybe seduction or dance (maybe agility capped +charisma) or handle it some other way.

Thoughts?

Doswelk
June 16th, 2011, 07:49
I would say it was persuasion. A seduction skill would be very limited in its use.

Given that dancing is all about being light on your feet you could allow a +2 to the seduction (persuasion) roll if they have the acrobatic edge (but only if they are dancing to seduce).

Or create an edge that gives a+2 bonus to persuasion when using seduction.

CAPryde
June 16th, 2011, 15:57
I would say that the most obvious thing to do would be to create an Edge that allows you to add a +2 bonus to Persuasion checks when music is available and the character is able to dance. That, after all, is already a pretty limited set of circumstances. You could just give it an Agility pre-req; I wouldn't bother with a Knowledge (Dance) pre-req, since you aren't really talking about technical understanding so much as understanding how to manipulate human nature, which is covered already by Persuasion.

RKBrumbelow
June 16th, 2011, 16:54
Thanks to you both. I really found it pretty silly when the SW core book said dance was a smarts check myself.

Mask_of_winter
June 17th, 2011, 10:55
Dancing can be used as a trick (Smarts based) to gain the Drop on a spectator.

As for the Seduction Edge. It's not a bad idea. However, personally I'd rather spend the advancement or bonus points on Charismatic. I'll get the + 2 in every situation. Not just a seduction attempt.

I like the +2 from the Acrobat Edge though. I think it's very fitting.