PDA

View Full Version : Creating a campaign

Shapeshifter1923
June 15th, 2011, 21:18
Hi,
I am a very experienced keeper of CoC games, but a newb when it comes to FG2. I have downloaded the license and rule set and am in the early stages of entering all my pictures, maps, stories, and characters for a campaign I have devised.

I am strictly 1920's era, and have always based games in Britain, as it is where I am situated so makes for easier research etc.
My new campaign begins in "flashback" during the Great War and serves as a means of introducing the players to each other, and then starts proper on demob day, when they get to return to civvy street.

I would like to test the system and get some practice before I start my campaign by running a one-off CoC scenario with players who are experienced users of FG2

If you would be able to take part, please let me know by replying to this post and say when you are available and your time zone. I am at GMT +1(daylight saving)

Morbius
June 16th, 2011, 00:37
been playing a little over a month now FG2 and RPG's in general - willing to help out if you want to run a test campaign or such.

Grey Hunter
June 18th, 2011, 07:16
I've been using the program for a year now, and know the CoC rules, but have never been able to get a game. I've also read most of Lovecrafts stuff, played Arkham horror and I am currently painting up my Mansion of Madness models.

I'm GMT(+1 stupid BST) and can make (in theory) and weeknight bar Weds (thats D&D night) and any time weekends, bar the occasional morning when I work.

The weekend would be a preference for me.
Would this be set characters or roll our own?

Valarian
June 18th, 2011, 08:22
Would be interested if the games run 8-11pm. I'm not available on Friday or Sunday due to other game commitments. Been playing and running games with FG2 for a while. Feel free to use the group linked below for a mailing list for the game if you want.

Grey Hunter
June 23rd, 2011, 16:54
So, that's three Pcs then.

Maybe post in the guild hall to see if that gets any more interest, but I guess CoC interested players would check here anyway.

Stargazer
June 27th, 2011, 05:26
I'll be your fourth PC.

I'm an experienced CoC player, but scheduling may be difficult because I'm -8 due to living on the west coast of Canada. I'm also new to FG2 so I won't be able to help you test the system.

Morbius
June 27th, 2011, 15:57
to go insane...

Grey Hunter
June 27th, 2011, 17:32
Or not to go insane.......

Morbius
June 27th, 2011, 17:49
or watch others go insane. mwahahahaha

Valarian
June 27th, 2011, 21:18
Face it, the Lovecraft characters either go insane, die (horribly), or turn out to be monsters themselves.

Valarian
June 27th, 2011, 21:20
Saturdays look like a potential, with two of the four being over the pond.

Morbius
June 27th, 2011, 23:13
much like life itself.
let's get a game cookin'!

Grey Hunter
June 28th, 2011, 09:04
So, as I asked before, do you want set characters or shall we roll up our own?

PS, I can GM and have the CoC module, so If the OP has vanished, then I can pick this up - although I've not gotten to be a PC in years, so I would like to have the chance ;)

Valarian
June 28th, 2011, 15:16
I think do our own characters. Thanks for the offer to pick up. The OP GM seems to have disappeared. I'm already running one game and find any more difficult with everything else.

Grey Hunter
June 28th, 2011, 19:05
So, what investigations have people played? I don't want to start planning something everyone has played.

I've also PM'ed the OP. Here's hoping :)

Valarian
June 28th, 2011, 21:15
I've mainly done home brewed stuff, though I have played the Orient Express published adventure (in school, about 22 years ago :o).