PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4e one-shot adventure series

Ruien
June 13th, 2011, 06:12
EDIT:

This series has been terminated as Real Life consumed all but one player.

I am working on something new at this time and a new announcement thread will be made when it is ready.

Please do not bump this thread.

-----------------

This is an announcement and discussion thread for a d&d 4e one-shot adventure series I will be starting.

GM: I am a new DM, first experience running D&D 4e, and new to FG as well. I'll do my best. I have run some table-top GURPS games in the past, but that is all.

Focus: New and inexperienced players are welcome, or anyone just looking have fun with less formality than a serious long-running campaign. I'll probably even improvise some depending on number of players, etc.

Time Zone: Games will be played GMT-7 evening times (about 7:30 PM to 10:30 PM GMT-7). I myself live in China but will be running games during my off-days only.

Linked One-shot adventure format: No long-term time committment needed. Maybe you just have a crazy work schedule (like I do). That said, I will try to make adventures "link" together for those who can make multiple sessions, but there is no need to try to make every session, and no loss of continuity if you just sign up for one session only.

Campaign style: Since I am a new DM (and new to both 4e and FG), the focus will be more on combat and puzzles than in-depth storytelling. As for combat, I prefer to set up encounters that require some tactical finesse.

Characters: Pre-generated characters will be available, or feel free to bring your own of the appropriate level. For now, let's do straight PHB1 only with no other supplements. I will add more as I become comfortable with new material.

Calendar Link: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=651

Please post thoughts or questions in this thread, and I will respond.

Dakadin
June 15th, 2011, 01:17
Hi Ruien,

How are you planning on providing the host/server connection information?

Thanks,
Dakadin

Balthazar
June 15th, 2011, 01:42
hello,

I am just wandering how we can get into the game, similar to Dadakin. Will you provide later the host server things??

Cheers,

SilverEagle82
June 15th, 2011, 03:23
i would like to try a 4e game

Nestor
June 15th, 2011, 03:36
anyone heard from him?

SilverEagle82
June 15th, 2011, 03:40
nope i have not heard from him yet

Ruien
June 15th, 2011, 03:44
hey guys

we're all in the chat room for FG (https://fg2.rpg-vault.net/).. That's always going to be the meeting place before games.

Edit: added the IRC chat room link, for convenience.

Balthazar
June 15th, 2011, 04:50
Sorry, I know I am late, but cant find the chatroom.

Please help me.

Ruien
June 17th, 2011, 07:43
This second session we ran today went really well! Good job everyone :)

I am moving the starting time back half an hour since everyone was late and the schedule change was requested. The calendar link is now updated.

godoooo
June 24th, 2011, 01:19
i would love to join you but have trouble making the characters. if you could make me a character wizard or warlock of any kind ill play with you all the time. please and thanks :)

Ruien
June 25th, 2011, 16:52
I already have prefab characters available, but if you can describe what you'd like in more detail, I can make one specifically to suit your preference.

Also, if you join the FG Chatroom (https://fg2.rpg-vault.net/), look me up and we can do it interactively.

khersheyjr
June 25th, 2011, 23:05
I would also be interested in playing. Just got by books and and new to this FG tool. I would love to see it in action :)