PDA

View Full Version : New 4th Edition D&D Game Need Players

scaleb
June 12th, 2011, 17:13
Hello

My friend (Khatjal on fantasygrounds) will be starting a new 4th edition D&D campaign. I am handling the organization/recruiting because for some reason he thinks I am better at it (I am - trust us!) and I will be playing in the campaign as a Rogue.

Anyways, that being said, we will be starting a long term weekly (perhaps bi-weekly if things heat up) campaign. We are new to fantasygrounds but not new to roleplaying, this is why new fantasygrounds players would be ideal but not required. In fact if you dont mind helping us out a bit then that might be even better since we could use the advice on the fly so to speak. Anyways Khatjal has practiced and he feels confident he can run a campaign.

We will be starting as level 1 characters and the first "quest" will be Shadowfell keep which will be used as an introduction to the program and to see how we all interact. Afterwards Khatjal will be creating a unique campaign for us to roleplay in.

We were thinking of playing every Wednesday from 7:30pm - 11:30pm Eastern time (GMT -5 I believe, also the same time zone as New York City/Toronto). The times are flexible as in if for whatever reason we need to start an hour later, or end earlier or someone can only make it half way through or leave early its no problem we will work it out before or after. This is standard problems I guess but im just trying to get out as much information as possible since this is after all an online roleplaying campaign.

We would like to play the campaign with text in fantasygrounds but use a voice program for out of character comments and for fights. If you are too shy to use a Mic or simply dont have one that is alright too but it is preferred that you can use one. We were thinking Ventrillo, Skype or Mumble. I personally prefer Skype or Mumble.

So we were thinking ideally 4 players for our campaign but would accept 5, maybe even 6 since realistically some people wont be able to make it or simply quit after a while if they get bored, real life picks up, etc.

So this Wednesday would be the desired starting time for this campaign. We will start rolling our level 1 characters then, getting to know one another,etc. etc. Khatjal has prepared a mini quest for us before we do Shadowfell Keep so that we can learn a few functions which will also serve as a way for our characters to get to know one another as in why the heck are we adventuring together.

*Spoiler alert* He says there might be a prison break! *Spoiler alert*

So far we have two confirmed players - Khatjal has made all sorts of maps and tokens, etc. Its going to be well done. You get out what you put in right?

Scaleb - will be playing a Drow Rogue

Samis (not sure his name on here yet) but hopefully he will post shortly and say what he wants to play.

Thanks and looking forward! Calendar post: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=650

Khatjal
June 12th, 2011, 17:18
That pretty much sums it up, thanks Scaleb.

Like he said, we're new to FG2 but not to RPGs and are looking for newish players who will have a bit of understanding as we learn the ropes for FG2.

Here's hoping we meet some awesome people to play with!

Here is our link to the Game Calendar:

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/index.xcp?id=650

Samis
June 12th, 2011, 18:54
Hello friends!

Barring any last minute changes, I will be playing a dwarf cleric.

Somebody has to heroically save elven halfwits like Scaleb from a gruesome death. Hmm ... he's a Drow - not sure if he's even worthy of the title "halfwit".

scaleb
June 12th, 2011, 20:54
Oh go clean your beard Samis

Morbius
June 13th, 2011, 00:47
light green newb here - game looks fun. i can play a wizard type if need be. pre-gens or send something over?

scaleb
June 13th, 2011, 01:01
Thats great! I guess sign up at our calendar post. We were thinking of creating the characters together on Wednesday but I dont see why you cant have something ready.

Khatjal
June 13th, 2011, 01:11
Cool. Welcome aboard Morbius.

Khatjal
June 13th, 2011, 03:37
Apparently we have a fourth. Two spots still open.

Manoh
June 13th, 2011, 04:03
I would love to be able to start getting into RPG's again. Its been a couple years since I've been able to play since I have been moving around so much. But would definitely like the opportunity to try to get back into it.

Khatjal
June 13th, 2011, 04:21
Hi Manoh,

We'd love to have you join our group. The reason we're even switching to FG2 from tabletop is because I recently moved away, so I can definitely relate!

Feel free to pop onto the game calendar (link above) and just register there. Scaleb will hammer out the details for Skype/char rolling closer to wednesday.

Khatjal
June 13th, 2011, 04:25
(Double Post)

Morbius
June 13th, 2011, 04:45
is it possible to create a character offline and have it available to campaign?

Balthazar
June 13th, 2011, 07:14
I am in Peru, I can play from 10pm, our time I think is GMT -6, but not sure, anyone know. I would really like to play.

Thanks

scaleb
June 13th, 2011, 15:50
Thanks 9pm our time Balthazar, might be a bit late, can you make it an hour earlier?

Balthazar
June 13th, 2011, 18:03
Hello,

Is there another space for a newbie, first time playing virtual, but played before traditional face 2 face!

Balthazar
June 13th, 2011, 18:09
OOps, already poted here!!

What an idiot, sorry guys.

SilverEagle82
June 13th, 2011, 18:51
i have never played dnd 4e but i will try and see if i like the game set and what is the race restrictions

scaleb
June 13th, 2011, 19:25
Well we will discuss all the restrictions Wednesday when we make the characters, main thing is how we can keep in touch, like I was thinking a group email to plan the weekly sessions.

Maruthekitteh
June 13th, 2011, 20:00
I would <3 to join, even though the your a rogue.... and I like being rogue.. But whatever :D, gives me a chance to try something new. I know a bit about FGII and can help with player related stuff, im not entirely sure about Dm'ing stuff though.

Unfortunately, I am currently playing a 4e game Wednesday, but any other day of the week is fine for me :3, and any time is fine too. If the date were to be changed, I would more then likely never miss a session... ever. (Don't like to disappoint :3)

I understand if the day won't change, just wanted to see if it could.

Well Thank you for your time, pm me if you can change the date, or have any questions :D.

Oh, and for communication, Skype is an AMAZING idea, on the game I'm currently playing we use skype for communication, and its soooooo useful. Mic or no mic. (We use mic's though.)
takes a bit of getting used to.

scaleb
June 14th, 2011, 19:48
Looks like its going to be Wednesday, I will let you know if we decide to change the date and you can join up then, or if your Wednesdays free up youre welcome to as well.

Maruthekitteh
June 15th, 2011, 02:11
Alright, my wednesday might free up eventually, I'll pm you if it does.

Keapachi
June 16th, 2011, 07:31
Im new to FG but not to D&D and i just want to know when you would be starting this game and how many slots are left open to play?

scaleb
June 16th, 2011, 18:03
We started yesterday and we may have one more slot open, youll have to ask the GM Khatjal though.

https://khatjaldnd.blogspot.com/

Balthazar
June 16th, 2011, 19:27
Hello all,

Is there any space left for one more player, I am a newbie.

Please say there is.

THanks

Khatjal
June 16th, 2011, 22:47
To everyone that replied and is still interested:

We started as of yesterday and had five players for the intro quest. They will retain priority in the play group until they drop. That leaves us with one last spot.

We play Wednesdays 7:30 PM (EST -5). If you are still interested, I would recommend Pm'ing Scaleb so he can keep track of the interested parties.

To keep up with what we're doing quest-wise, I started a blog that i'll be updating after each session. Feel free to peruse it to see what we were up to:

khatjaldnd.blogspot.com

Balthazar
June 17th, 2011, 07:17
What time would that be here, I am GMT -7??

scaleb
June 17th, 2011, 16:00
No idea, we are 7:30 pm eastern, so google current time in new york city or something and adjust accordingly to your cities current time.

scaleb
June 20th, 2011, 19:28
***** Next Play Session - June 22, 2011 - 7:30 PM EST *****

godoooo
June 24th, 2011, 01:30
if you can make me a character ill play it. im not to good at making them.

hobbit1923
June 28th, 2011, 02:35
I'm interested in joining will most likely be play a barbarian or fighter I can make any game night I have a mic and a good sense of humor I also have a friend who would like to join once he gets his computer fixed which shouldn't take to long so I hope to here from you soon

scaleb
June 29th, 2011, 17:17
Right now we have one spot open, and we are playing next Wednesday July 6th at 7:30pm Eastern.