PDA

View Full Version : Installing the Base ruleset twice.

GMBazUK
June 12th, 2011, 10:58
After a quick scan of the forum I could not find anything on this subject.

Problem:
I have been working on a new rule-set which utilises the Base ruleset for its foundation, and have renamed the Base rule-set folder to reflect the name of my new rule-set.
This morning I decided it would be a good idea to have copy of the Base rule-set, as previously downloaded (in all its unadulterated glory), as well.

When I tried to install it, I was asked:
Do you want to repair....?
Do you want to remove....?

Questions:
Is it possible to load the Base rule-set twice (effectively)?
How is this achieved?

Thanks in advance

Baz.

Sorcerer
June 12th, 2011, 12:46
the installer is just registering the ruleset for ease of removal and has nothing to do with FG. FG will happily consider two identical rulesets as different if they are in different folder names.

Ideally when you first installed it you should have made a copy of the folder then, renamed it and put it into the ruleset folder alongside the original.

Now, I would make a copy of your folder (just in case), put it somewhere safe and then click on repair. I suppose it will reinstall the now "missing" folder and all the original files giving you. Two folders one under your name and one under the original name - both should be visible within the FG loading screen.

if it fails to reinstall (properly) then I would uninstall and then reinstall.

GMBazUK
June 12th, 2011, 13:20
Thanks Sorcerer, for your advice.

In future I will remember to make a copy the Base folder and rename it, rather than simply rename it.

Baz.

StuartW
June 14th, 2011, 07:18
Sorcerer is right: by editing the Base ruleset without first taking a copy, the installer will think it is broken and try to repair it (which would undo all your hard work).

Stuart

GMBazUK
June 14th, 2011, 20:43
Thanks for the confirmation Stuart.

Thankfully I followed his advice and all is well..

Baz.