PDA

View Full Version : CnC Ruleset update v2.081

Sorcerer
June 12th, 2011, 09:51
This version replaces v2.08, and contains all the content that was presented in that patch.

v2.081 fixes a bug in the combattracker, whereby if all combatants had zero initiative totals, and the "Next Round" or "Next Actor" buttons were pressed, or the turn flag was dropped, FG would go into an endless loop and freeze.

Normally if a combatant has a Zero initiative total there turn is skipped. However, if ALL combatants have a zero total the system will now allow them to be cycled through.

Any problems let me know.

dittotb
June 12th, 2011, 15:54
I really appreciate everything you are doing for this ruleset.

Galeric
June 12th, 2011, 18:19
Excellent, thanks Sorceror

damned
June 13th, 2011, 01:00
now that is has moved to 2.081 does that mean its ready for use?

Sorcerer
June 13th, 2011, 09:12
Damned, not sure I understand your meaning...

if you are referring to FG v2.8.0 then the number of this release is purely coincidental. FG v2.8.0 is still in beta.

This is a simple bug fix, for use with the current release of FG.

So far I have not found any issues with the release version of C&C when used under FG v2.8, but there are still plenty of things for Moon_wizard to change/fix before FGv2.8 goes live.

@ dittotb and Galeric, thanks for your kind words, hopefully I will get some time in the second half of the year to put a more feature orientated update together.

damned
June 13th, 2011, 09:20
doh! my fault for reading too quickly. yes - i confused the Fg version with the Ruleset Extensions!
i too add my thanks - im sure im not aware of most of the changes you make as im well and truly still learning. i am always impressed every time someone points out a feature or automation or i stumble across one.

Sorcerer
June 13th, 2011, 09:49
Well this release is purely a bug fix, with no additional features to worry about. I just happened upon a "show stopper" of a bug, and felt I had to get something out there to fix it.

creation of a comprehensive manual of all features is still on my list, but priority has slipped down.
If the development version ever gets finished I think a manual will be a must.

Whether it is a nice glossy one with pictures to illustrate points, or a boring text list still remains to be seen.

If I didn't have to work for a living there would be no problem...

damned
June 13th, 2011, 11:03
i may have mentioned previously but I am happy to help with doco esp. if anyone has rough notes that i can build upon.

Sorcerer
June 13th, 2011, 12:49
Thanks again for the offer Damned.

I think due to the number of changes in the present development version it might be a bit pointless to go ahead and write anything at the moment, probably better to wait until that gets close to completion (sometime in 2020 I think).

If I need some help I know where to find it.

damned
October 20th, 2011, 21:53
hey Sorceror - just pinging you to say hello and check you are ok...

Trenloe
March 14th, 2012, 22:13
Bump to keep this on the first page. Nice little features in this extension.

dr_venture
March 14th, 2012, 23:30
Nearly had a heart attack - thought Sorcerer had popped in again out of the blue. Glad you're keeping the thread bumped, tho!. Enjoy Denver!

JohnD
August 14th, 2013, 16:33
Is there a list somewhere of what 2.8.0 and 2.8.1 fix/improve beyond simply using C&C without the extension?

Trenloe
August 14th, 2013, 18:06
Is there a list somewhere of what 2.8.0 and 2.8.1 fix/improve beyond simply using C&C without the extension?
There's a CnC V2.081 Changelog.txt file within the .ext.

JohnD
August 14th, 2013, 18:12
There's a CnC V2.081 Changelog.txt file within the .ext.

Hmm... yes I see that now... thanks. Quite a list of improvements... will try this extension out this evening.

damned
August 14th, 2013, 23:34
and im sure you know this - the new 3.x ruleset has lots of nice new stuff too :)
dr_V and sferguson and maybe even dakadin are all contributing.

dr_venture
February 11th, 2014, 04:02
Should this still be pinned at the top of the C&C forum?

damned
February 11th, 2014, 06:27
In memory of Sorcerer perhaps?