PDA

View Full Version : Drag roll on NPC, does not work

MDMknight
June 11th, 2011, 10:15
I have a little problem: sometimes, to my players, does not work drag and drop the roll on the NPC on the map.
I can not understand why. In the options I selected "on".
To me, DM, drag roll on NPC always works.

Zeus
June 11th, 2011, 10:37
Which ruleset and which version of FGII are you using?

Sorcerer
June 11th, 2011, 10:45
check to see if they had their combat trackers open when the problem occurred.
With the current release version of FG (2.7.6) they need to open their trackers for the link to the tokens to be made.

This has changed in the v2.8 beta version of 4E where this will no longer be necessary.

MDMknight
June 11th, 2011, 10:48
4E ruleset e 2.7.6 version (Ultimare me e unregistered my players).
I tried to remove the tokens and drag the map again, and so it worked again, but after a couple of times has given the problem again (but not always).

MDMknight
June 11th, 2011, 10:52
thank you very much, I think it was precisely the problem.

Zeus
June 11th, 2011, 10:57
OK.

As Sorcerer has already stated, make sure your players have their CT's open before you share the map to the players. Also, when dragging and dropping attacks onto the tokens on a map, make sure that your players drop the attack directly over the desired token otherwise drops can sometimes miss the token.

Alternatively to drag/dropping, you can always ask your players to 'target' the NPC, by having them left click the NPC token before an attack. The NPC token's border will be coloured to match the colour of the targeting player indicating the target is set. Also the players CT entry will display any target set (click the target icon to reveal targets).

Once the NPC is targeted the player only has to double click an attack/damage entry from the charsheet, FGII will then apply the results against the targeted NPC automatically.