PDA

View Full Version : Stopping libraries from cross polinating

Aristotle
June 11th, 2011, 07:49
Hi. Sorry if this is the wrong forum. Tried to pick the best place for the question.

I have two modules of spells (Pathfinder). Right now if you click on "Cleric Spells" you get the same list in either library. I'd like to change this so that only the spells from that specific book are displayed. Is there a somewhat easy way to do this?

I've got a little experience with HTML and PHP. Nothing spectacular, but I'm not opposed to firing up XML Marker and messing around if I know what I'm looking for. I've spent the night doing so blindly with no luck.

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2011, 10:07
How were the libraries built?

It sounds like they have the same name for the tag within the library tag. I'd have to see the modules to be sure.

Regards,
JPG

Aristotle
June 11th, 2011, 17:40
I think I got it now.

I remember having this problem in 4e and then discovering the modestring element in the parser. I don't have those parses anymore, but the parser has some sample files so I fired it up and ran one of them to see the output. Then it was trial and error until I found the right tags to modify in the Pathfinder libraries. I got them, although I may have modified more than I needed.

I'll probably have more questions. I learn through trial and error. I learned enough about php by messing with phpBB to make some cool modifications. My goal here is to learn enough XML, and it's implementation here, to work up my own libraries.