PDA

View Full Version : Tables modifications

El Condoro
June 11th, 2011, 04:51
I am wondering if I am missing something or, if not, whether these modifications can be made to the tables function of FG2.

Example situation: I have a weather table (d20) with modifying factors (terrain, month of year etc).

If I make a roll that is modified to under 1 or over 20 no result is shown. I would like a way to have a 1 or lower/20 or greater option.
There doesn't seem to be any way to include the modifers on the table form without putting them in their own rows. I would like to be able to add a text box somewhere (under?) the table to list modifers, write explanations etc.

Moon Wizard
June 11th, 2011, 06:38
Are you talking about the Tables extension written by DrZ?

JPG

El Condoro
June 11th, 2011, 06:52
Yes, I am. I forgot it was an extension and not part of FG2 per se. I guess DrZeuss will be the one to ask. :)

Zeus
June 11th, 2011, 08:55
If I make a roll that is modified to under 1 or over 20 no result is shown. I would like a way to have a 1 or lower/20 or greater option.

OK. At the moment the table rolls will use the literal (roll+modifier) result for a table roll/lookup. You can sort of achieve the functionality you are after by changing the range of the first and last rows in the table. e.g. -20 - 1 First Row Result Row, however I think its probably best I update the extension to round up anything lower than the first row's range and round down anything higher than the last row's range. I'll see what I can do for the next release.

There doesn't seem to be any way to include the modifers on the table form without putting them in their own rows. I would like to be able to add a text box somewhere (under?) the table to list modifers, write explanations etc.

There is a single line description field already however I guess this is not suitable for your explained purpose. I can add a larger notes section for adding greater amounts of text, modifier details etc. etc. Again, I'll take a look to see what can be done for the next release.

El Condoro
June 11th, 2011, 10:02
Both of those sound great. I'll keep my eyes open for the next release. Thanks.